Windows 10: Pc Audio malfunction

Discus and support Pc Audio malfunction in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My audio was running fine all day, I set down my open-back headphones and walked away, the only thing that was different is, when I came back and put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GanjaGoat, Jan 12, 2021.

1. GanjaGoat Win User

Pc Audio malfunction

My audio was running fine all day, I set down my open-back headphones and walked away, the only thing that was different is, when I came back and put on my headphones, when I grabbed them static discharged onto the back of my headset. When I put on my headphones, all audio from PC comes back as very low static but no recognizable audio. I tested headphones on another device, they work fine. When testing audio through other devices on PC, they all give out a muffled static, My speakers, different headphones, anything. I restarted pc, reinstalled drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled Realtek and Nvidia drivers, ran pc in safe mode, ran troubleshooter, turned off audio enhancements, nothing has stopped the low static sound. I'm not exactly sure how to proceed with troubleshooting unless its reinstall windows, or replace motherboard. Any idea would be greatly appreciate, thanks!

:)

GanjaGoat, Jan 12, 2021

2. Audio Jack malfunction

Hi Usman,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

The issue you are facing usually occur due to the audio driver is out dated. Try the below methods information provided and check if it helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it.

• Type troubleshoot on the search bar and click on
      troubleshooting.

• Click on Hardware and Sound and click on
      Playing audio.

• Now click on Advanced button and click on
      Next.

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the audio troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Method 2.

I recommend you to update the audio driver manually from device manager and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Audio input and output and expand it.

• Right click on the device driver and click on update.
    Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 12, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jan 12, 2021
  4. Pc Audio malfunction

We can't find an audio device for your PC.

Hi,

I suggest you run the sound troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All on top left pane.
    • Click on Playing audio from the list and follow the on-screen prompt for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 12, 2021
Thema:

Pc Audio malfunction

1. Pc Audio malfunction - Similar Threads - Audio malfunction

2. Disable plug'n'play audio changing my default audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable plug'n'play audio changing my default audio device: Previously this has been highlighted in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-changing-my-default-audio-device/cf046283-375e-42b8-910d-1bd8fccfc51f The MSFT agent has stated that it's by design in more words I can not for the life of me...
  3. Audio playback malfunctions after frequent pause/play action

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio playback malfunctions after frequent pause/play action: I transcribe research interviews. This requires frequent pausing, rewinding, and playing. This process runs smoothly until eventually windows media player also legacy version or Express Scribe simply stop playing the audio for the same reason. This has occured on my Microsoft...
  4. Audio playback malfunctions after frequent pause/play action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio playback malfunctions after frequent pause/play action: I transcribe research interviews. This requires frequent pausing, rewinding, and playing. This process runs smoothly until eventually windows media player also legacy version or Express Scribe simply stop playing the audio for the same reason. This has occured on my Microsoft...
  5. Windows Audio Service malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Service malfunctioning: After the latest Windows update, I can no longer hear sound.The sound icon displays the message "No Audio Output Device is installed", and I cannot select an audio device such as headphones or speakers more on this with Windows Audio Service properties. My audio devices show...
  6. Audio malfunctioning, turns on and off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio malfunctioning, turns on and off: The audio randomly turns on and off when I'm not doing anything with the laptop. The light on the volume function key flickers off and on as the audio goes off and on. That function volume key usually doesn't work if I tap it. The audio also responds to various keys, mostly...
  7. Windows encouter error "No audio output device" & multiple malfunction after switching...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows encouter error "No audio output device" & multiple malfunction after switching...: Hello, Currently my computer encountering an "No Audio Output Device is Installed" problem. I tried to identify what caused this error and attempted to fix it but nothing work, and during that some more error happen with my windows. -I tried reinstall all audio driver, I...
  8. Windows 10 - Audio Malfunction Help

Windows 10 - Audio Malfunction Help: So it's been 1 month since it began to stop functioning and still couldn't figure it out what's wrong with it. I did all sound testings, went through device manager, updated all sound device, even reinstalled each of them, etc. and all of them give no sign of problem when in...
  9. HP Envy Audio Malfunctioning (w/ Test Logs)

HP Envy Audio Malfunctioning (w/ Test Logs): I did all kinds of testings and updates of my system audio including troubleshooting my speaker and headphones. It all shows it's functioning properly. It's been a week since this happened, until I did a test by going through the shutdown process, pressing Esc to access the...
  10. Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction

Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction: Last June, I replaced my 1TB hard disk after breaking it. I currently have 500GB hard disk. Several months soon after, my laptop's audio started to malfunction until today. I believe I've already tried literally all solutions, from updating my windows system to updating the...