Windows 10: PC Audio not working after Windows update KB4023057

Discus and support PC Audio not working after Windows update KB4023057 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I updated my pc and restart the device only for the audio speaker to go mute and nothing giving out sound. I have tried troubleshooting and restarting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Opeyemi Bamiduro, Sep 23, 2022.

1. PC Audio not working after Windows update KB4023057

I updated my pc and restart the device only for the audio speaker to go mute and nothing giving out sound. I have tried troubleshooting and restarting several times for the past 4 hours and the issue still persist. I have check the device managers, watched many youtube video and still not working. But if I try connecting Bluetooth Audio Speaker - it will start giving out sounds.

:)

Opeyemi Bamiduro, Sep 23, 2022

2. Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 23, 2022
  3. AUDIO SERVICE NOT WORKING.

Hi,

In that case, I suggest you follow below.

Step 1:

In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, then select it from the results.

Step 2:

Select the arrow next to Sound, video and game controllers to expand it.

Step 3:

Look for IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. If it's listed, right-click it and select Update Driver, then select Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Step 4:

You’ll see a list of pre-installed drivers. Select High Definition Audio Device, and then select Next.

Step 5:

Restart PC

Let me know the results after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Jayce Win User

PC Audio not working after Windows update KB4023057

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

PC Audio not working after Windows update KB4023057

1. PC Audio not working after Windows update KB4023057 - Similar Threads - Audio working update

2. PC Audio not working after Windows update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Audio not working after Windows update KB4023057: I updated my pc and restart the device only for the audio speaker to go mute and nothing giving out sound. I have tried troubleshooting and restarting several times for the past 4 hours and the issue still persist. I have check the device managers, watched many youtube video...
  3. PC Audio not working after Windows update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Audio not working after Windows update KB4023057: I updated my pc and restart the device only for the audio speaker to go mute and nothing giving out sound. I have tried troubleshooting and restarting several times for the past 4 hours and the issue still persist. I have check the device managers, watched many youtube video...
  4. BSOD after the update KB4023057

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after the update KB4023057: The issue started after the update on the 23rd of april.Ever since i tried to update my BIOS. Graphic Drivers, Audio Drivers, changed the power plans, nothing seen to help.Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor 3.60 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GBGPU...
  5. Windows Time Sync not working post update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Time Sync not working post update KB4023057: Configuration: I have a Windows 10 Pro 64 Host computer Hosting a Virtual Box VM of Windows 10 Pro 64. The Windows VM is where my POS database resides. All copies of Windows are Activated and purchased from Microsoft. Problem: Last night post Windows Updates the clock time...
  6. audio fading out automatically without the GUI displaying it after KB4023057

audio fading out automatically without the GUI displaying it after KB4023057: I have a brand new HP Pavilion 15-cw1043nl which I configured just Yesterday, when I updated it through Windows update it installed various updates, when I rebooted the PC and tried to play anything it started at maximum volume and gradually faded out to a very low level...
  7. Update KB4023057

Update KB4023057: This update happened but is not on the main list of updates. Has stopped my ability to roll back this update and also made my back up USB read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-kb4023057/b8957483-4925-497c-b94e-73b0c5a1bd1d
  8. My PC is broke after kb4023057 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC is broke after kb4023057 update: After my PC installed the update KB4023057 on it´s own, he´s completly usless. All USB-Ports won´t work except one. The PC won´t shut down or restart properly, rather stay on with a black screen forever. Because of that I can´t fix it with a recovery disc. This happend last...
  9. Windows update KB4023057

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update KB4023057: This update was installed on my computer March 1st. I started getting the blue screen, so I performed a system restore that would not complete. This same thing happened on a previous windows update about a month ago. It took me a while to get it back to normal, but I had...
  10. Update KB4023057

Update KB4023057: This update keeps installing itself into my programs and features. When it is installed I get a system crash at least once a day with blue error screen. It will tell me to check the stopcode for Memory management. So long as I uninstall this from programs and features. I...