Windows 10: PC Audio through headset plugged into 3.5mm jack of Xbox One (Bluetooth connected)

Discus and support PC Audio through headset plugged into 3.5mm jack of Xbox One (Bluetooth connected) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Trying to explain as best I can, but its a little messy. Is there a way to get audio through a headset that is plugged into an Xbox One controller,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Asian_Hamster, May 14, 2020.

1. PC Audio through headset plugged into 3.5mm jack of Xbox One (Bluetooth connected)

Trying to explain as best I can, but its a little messy. Is there a way to get audio through a headset that is plugged into an Xbox One controller, which is in turn bluetooth connected to the PC?

Nothing seems to be coming up when i plug the headset in, and ive tried it with a few different headsets. IS this just not possible?

Thanks

submitted by /u/The_Asian_Hamster
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/The_Asian_Hamster, May 14, 2020
  2. JonL23 Win User

Will a Xbox One headset with a 3.5mm jack work on PC, What is the Headset plug on the front of the PC?

This may all sound kind of dumb, but my PC has a plug on the front with a picture of a headset does this mean it is for audio in and out, for the mic and speakers of a headset? I bought a Xbox one headset for $8 new on ebay, no not a cheap Chinese pair
    its PDP AfterGlow LVL 3. It says it has a 3.5mm jack which i'd assume means I can plug it into the front of the pc and use the mic and speakers? I originally bought it because it was cheap and I just wanted a headset when I play games the mic is not really
    a necessity but it would be a bonus. I know on the back of the pc there is the mic and the speaker plug but I never really put much thought into the jack on the front. Can it do in and out audio or just mic?

JonL23, May 14, 2020
  3. JonL23 Win User
    Plugged Xbox One headset in the Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC and it doesn't show up in Sound and doesn't work.

I got a Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC, I plugged the 3.5mm Xbox one headset into it and the audio doesn't cut out and switch to the headset, no sound is coming from the headset. It also doesn't show in the sound properties on Windows that
    somethings plugged in. Any idea?

JonL23, May 14, 2020
  4. PC Audio through headset plugged into 3.5mm jack of Xbox One (Bluetooth connected)

Audio jack question

Hi Mayson,

There are several ways for you to connect and use your headset as a microphone on your PC. You may use a USB powered headset or a headset with a 3.5mm audio jack. To better assist you with your concern, please provide us the following information:

• Are you trying to use your headset as a microphone for the Xbox Live party chat?
    • Is your headset detected and working with the other apps on your PC?
    • What type of headset are you using?

We would appreciate if you can provide us a screenshot of the pop-up box that you received when you plugged the headset into your computer.

Loraine Mon, May 14, 2020
Thema:

PC Audio through headset plugged into 3.5mm jack of Xbox One (Bluetooth connected)

1. PC Audio through headset plugged into 3.5mm jack of Xbox One (Bluetooth connected) - Similar Threads - Audio through headset

2. Audio devices connected through the audio jack not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio devices connected through the audio jack not working.: Was working fine until today. Audio input is detected but no audio is coming through. USB audio devices work fine when connected. The audio troubleshooter says that the windows audio services are not responding. When i try to update the audio drivers through device manager,...
  3. Wired xbox one controller with headset plugged in through 3.5mm jack having issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wired xbox one controller with headset plugged in through 3.5mm jack having issues: I have my xbox one controller plugged into my computer, and my headset plugged in through the jack of the controller. I have been having a lot of issues with it. Such as not being able to hear anything, which i fixed. The main issue now is the the volume is maxed out now, no...
  4. Connecting bluetooth adapter for xbox one controller into pc causes audio crackling in headsets

Connecting bluetooth adapter for xbox one controller into pc causes audio crackling in headsets: I have a Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen audio interface. It works good and all. Recently I bought Xbox One Controller with Bluetooth adapter to play games on my pc. But whenever I connect adapter itself even with controller turned off, sound in my headphones, connected...
  5. Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected.

Headset is connected through headphone jack ,but is disconnected.: Hi, I decided to connect my gaming headset to my laptop through the headphone jack, but when I went to use the app Discord it didn't use my headsets mic, so after this I went to check if my headset was even working. I opened the sound control panel and it said the headset was...
  6. Headset not being recognized through audio jack?

Headset not being recognized through audio jack?: I have been very confused about what is going on, so here is all that has been happening. -If I unplug my headset and try to plug it back in through the audio jack, it cannot be recognized by my laptop. When checking audio devices, it says the device being used is my...
  7. Windows 10 xbox one controller headset not working through 3.5mm jack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 xbox one controller headset not working through 3.5mm jack: I recently purchased a rock candy wired Xbox one controller for my PC , it works fine except for the fact that when i plug in headphones in order to get them to work i have to first plug them into the 3.5mm headphone jack on the controller then unplug and plug back in the...
  8. Plugged Xbox One headset in the Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC and it doesn't...

Plugged Xbox One headset in the Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC and it doesn't...: I got a Universal Audio Jack on the front of my PC, I plugged the 3.5mm Xbox one headset into it and the audio doesn't cut out and switch to the headset, no sound is coming from the headset. It also doesn't show in the sound properties on Windows that somethings plugged in....
  9. Will a Xbox One headset with a 3.5mm jack work on PC, What is the Headset plug on the front...

Will a Xbox One headset with a 3.5mm jack work on PC, What is the Headset plug on the front...: This may all sound kind of dumb, but my PC has a plug on the front with a picture of a headset does this mean it is for audio in and out, for the mic and speakers of a headset? I bought a Xbox one headset for $8 new on ebay, no not a cheap Chinese pair its PDP AfterGlow LVL...
  10. New PC build audio not working through jacks (not plugged in)

New PC build audio not working through jacks (not plugged in): My newly built PC does not output audio from any of the tower jacks. I have to plug speakers into my monitor which are connected by HDMI in order to get any playback devices recognised. This is an issue as i cannot use headsets including using a mic. I have tried nearly...