Windows 10: PC auto scrolling in windows settings

Discus and support PC auto scrolling in windows settings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I open windows settings it is automatically selecting or scrolling to the bottom most options, as if I were holding the down arrow. This initially... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Loaf-of-glue, Nov 14, 2022.

1. PC auto scrolling in windows settings

When I open windows settings it is automatically selecting or scrolling to the bottom most options, as if I were holding the down arrow. This initially started while I was playing Forza but it still happens after I closed the game, unplugged my controller and re opened settings. I can open any drop downs or anything because of this

submitted by /u/Loaf-of-glue
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Loaf-of-glue, Nov 14, 2022
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 14, 2022
  3. Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 14, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

PC auto scrolling in windows settings

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2022
Thema:

PC auto scrolling in windows settings

1. PC auto scrolling in windows settings - Similar Threads - auto scrolling settings

2. AUTO SCROLLING IN WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AUTO SCROLLING IN WINDOWS 11: I'm facing issue of auto scrolling. On the desktop itself mouse is pointing to the last icon , auto scrolling in chrome , even when trying to write a word in notepad or office cursor is getting stuck to the end character of the word.Previously my system was windows 10 just...
  3. Auto scrolling windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Auto scrolling windows 11: Hi,I have a problem on my PC recently.The mousse auto scroll up every time i am on a windows explorer menu.When i click on a scrollbar, it is unselected automatically.Other weird things. For example, when I go to the mousse setting, the main side of the mousse is instantly...
  4. Windows Mouse auto scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mouse auto scrolling: Hi there communityI have recently upgraded my computer with a few new parts m.2, gpu, ram, peripherals specifically in November of last year. Has been working well since yesterday 31/03/2022. The mouse first began scrolling in one note and wouldnt stop scrolling laterally,...
  5. Network list and settings auto scrolling down

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network list and settings auto scrolling down: Without any warning my computer stopped working. In the network list, it automatically selects the last network in the list and will not let me scroll up to my own network. In the network setting, if i select something that doesn't change the page, it highlights the proxy...
  6. Windows auto scrolling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows auto scrolling?: I can't figure this one out. Windows is auto selecting and scrolling, almost as if alt+down arrow is stuck. It looks like it impacts Windows and UWP apps solely, but not classic Win32 apps - no issues in Edge or Steam/any games I play, but the Start Menu, Mail, Weather, Your...
  7. Auto Scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto Scrolling: Today I launched my computer and tried to adjust volume using the Sound Mixer. However, when I hover over the bar, it automatically scrolls down. It also does with any other Windows settings that can be adjusted by scrolling. The volume adjusted on Youtube also gets affected....
  8. Auto scroll

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto scroll: Whenever i open up my wifi drop down menu it auto scrolls to the bottom, i've seen others with the same question but still no solution, when will this be fixed. whats the point of a computer if i can't connect to a wifi network. sort it out...
  9. Auto scrolling in some settings pages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto scrolling in some settings pages: Hi! I'm having a problem where a tab just keeps scrolling down and it prevents me from scrolling up. I encountered this problem yesterday. The tabs that I noticed this on were the Apps & Features tab when I wanted to delete something and the View Update History tab. It...
  10. Auto Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto Scrolling: I have been trying unsuccessfully to stop my pc from auto scrolling. I have tried numerous solutions , but nothing works. This happens on all web browsers. Running win 10 home edition....