Windows 10: PC automatic repair not working

Discus and support PC automatic repair not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PC automatic repair is not working, cannot boot up to main desktop, and from time to time Blue screen shows in the middle of repair, keep getting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ramoncito Rey Cosay, Dec 10, 2023.

1. PC automatic repair not working

PC automatic repair is not working, cannot boot up to main desktop, and from time to time Blue screen shows in the middle of repair, keep getting message says windows repair can't repair your PC

:)

Ramoncito Rey Cosay, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows10 Automatic Repair

Hi,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files that are not letting the operating system to perform repair and boot to the desktop.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried booting in
      Safe Mode
      ? If not, we suggest that you try it. Check this article for information.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? We need to know it for us to know what other troubleshooting steps to give.

You can check the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika Gowda on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Dec 10, 2023
  3. HELP! Windows 10 automatic repair couldn't repair PC. Details below

Hi Matthew,

As you are facing issue withAutomatic Repair, we would assist you for sure.

In order to understand the issue in a better manner, please share the following details

• I tried system restore” What is the error exact error message you received?

If automatic repair fails, you may try to repair them using these commands through Command Prompt under Advanced Options. Follow the steps:

Since you have done most of the troubleshooting steps, I would suggest you to try repairing the Boot Configuration Data through the command prompt by following the steps below and check if it helps.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.

• bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Dec 10, 2023
  4. PC automatic repair not working

Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Dec 10, 2023
Thema:

PC automatic repair not working

1. PC automatic repair not working - Similar Threads - automatic repair working

2. PC automatic repair not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC automatic repair not working: PC automatic repair is not working, cannot boot up to main desktop, and from time to time Blue screen shows in the middle of repair, keep getting message says windows repair can't repair your PC...
  3. PC automatic repair not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC automatic repair not working: PC automatic repair is not working, cannot boot up to main desktop, and from time to time Blue screen shows in the middle of repair, keep getting message says windows repair can't repair your PC...
  4. Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Automatic Repair not working and cannot restore PC at all: My laptop, which came pre-loaded with Windows 10 and was upgraded to 11 with the free update, will not load Windows. It keeps running the Automatic repair and diagnosing PC function which fails every time. I have tried to restore the PC by choosing restore keep files, restore...
  5. Automatic repair in pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair in pc: When i switched on my pc it started showing preparing automatic repair And it started to go in loop what shall i do now? I dont want to lose any data or files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatic-repair-in-pc/06c08229-c5a4-46ef-a176-b52340549c18
  6. Automatic Repair Not Working

Automatic Repair Not Working: My keyboard and mouse completely stop working once I get to the Automatic repair choose your keyboard layout screen. I know my keyboard works because it lets me use it in the BIOS. Just before it loads up, just command prompt quickly pops up with the title as winpeshl.exe....
  7. Automatic Repair Not Working

Automatic Repair Not Working: My keyboard and mouse completely stop working once I get to the Automatic repair choose your keyboard layout screen. I know my keyboard works because it lets me use it in the BIOS. Just before it loads up, just command prompt quickly pops up with the title as winpeshl.exe....
  8. Automatic Repair Not Working

9. automatic repair couldn’t repair pc

automatic repair couldn’t repair pc: hello all I have an HP laptop with windows 10 and the other night after restarting my computer it got stuck on the spinning circle then popped up auto repair couldn’t repair your PC. The log file is:C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt After going into the...
  10. Automatic Repair failing to repair PC

Automatic Repair failing to repair PC: My power went out as my computer was shutting down and ever since than I've been getting blue-screened at start-up. Automatic repair has consistently failed and I've been unable to reset my computer as well. At this point I'm not really sure what else to do....