Windows 10: PC automatically locks/sleeps. Even when I am using it.

Discus and support PC automatically locks/sleeps. Even when I am using it. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have tries to disable it with registery and changed sentings using power options. It still happens. I had 8.1 and I recently upgraded to 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Siddhant_17, Nov 23, 2019.

1. PC automatically locks/sleeps. Even when I am using it.

I have tries to disable it with registery and changed sentings using power options.

It still happens.

I had 8.1 and I recently upgraded to 10 and problem only began with 10.

Also, Is there like a registery I could import that frees my ram and maximizes performance? Half of my ram is being used for random shit.

This too was not happening in 8.1

submitted by /u/Siddhant_17
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Siddhant_17, Nov 23, 2019
  2. Rhina Vib Win User

Lock screen not working on sleep

Hi Polly,

To be able to lock your screen while on Sleep mode, you can follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Sign in and hit
      Enter.
    • Select the option When PC wakes up from sleep under Require Sign-in.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    PC goes to sleep automatically.

Hi Hamza,

Conflicts with the power settings is one of the possible reasons why your computer goes to sleep automatically. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the
      Windows key, type winver, and press the
      Enter
      key.

Meanwhile, you can try to run the Power troubleshooter. Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. You can follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel by right click on
      Start
      Button.
    • In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you try to follow the troubleshooting steps in this

thread
    that were provided by Aleksandr 10 and JanElliott_1969.

We're looking forward to your response.

Eric Ber, Nov 23, 2019
  4. PC automatically locks/sleeps. Even when I am using it.

How to automatically lock a PC at a certain time on Windows 10?

Hello Rex,

Thanks for the update on the above post.

Please reply, do you want to lock the PC automatically or manually at 12 in the morning?

If you are looking for a feature to automatically lock the PC exactly at 12 in the morning,
    Task scheduler is undoubtedly the best way to perform the required task you are looking for.

To manually lock the computer screen or your user profile, press
    Windows logo + L keys on the keyboard. You can also put the computer to sleep and lock the PC by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Power Options and select the top most search result.
    • Select Change when the computer sleeps option from the left side panel of the window.
    • Set the timing from the drop down bar under Turn off the display and
      Put the computer to sleep options on the window.
    • Click on Save changes.
    • Select Require a password on wakeup from the left side panel of the window and click on
      Change settings that are currently unavailable. Enter the administrator password if prompted.
    • Check the Require a password(recommended) option under
      Password protection on wakeup to enable entering the password every time you wake the PC.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

PC automatically locks/sleeps. Even when I am using it.

1. PC automatically locks/sleeps. Even when I am using it. - Similar Threads - automatically locks sleeps

2. My PC locks itself or sleeps while I am in the middle of using it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC locks itself or sleeps while I am in the middle of using it.: My Windows PC - despite having auto sleep and dynamic lock disabled will lock itself / go to sleep while I am writing an email, while I am on a call, while I am working in a spredsheet - doesn't matter I can be mid mouse click or keystroke and I will have to log back in and...
  3. My PC locks itself or sleeps while I am in the middle of using it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC locks itself or sleeps while I am in the middle of using it.: My Windows PC - despite having auto sleep and dynamic lock disabled will lock itself / go to sleep while I am writing an email, while I am on a call, while I am working in a spredsheet - doesn't matter I can be mid mouse click or keystroke and I will have to log back in and...
  4. My PC locks itself or sleeps while I am in the middle of using it.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. My camera is working, even when i am not using?

My camera is working, even when i am not using?: My camera is on when i am not using. I even turned off all apps access to camera and closed the Browser but it's still working?? When i put my PC on sleep mode the camera is still on. Then it stop working itself or when i shut my PC down. it has been going on like this for...
  6. My camera is working, even when i am not using?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My camera is working, even when i am not using?: My camera is on when i am not using. I even turned off all apps access to camera and closed the Browser but it's still working?? When i put my PC on sleep mode the camera is still on. Then it stop working itself or when i shut my PC down. it has been going on like this for...
  7. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  8. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,When I lock my PC my pressing Windows key+L PC locks and goes to login screen but my monitor goes to sleep less than 1 minuter. Is there any option to extend time for sleep? Help!...
  9. Monitor goes to sleep when when I lock PC!

10. PC on Domain network locking automatically when using

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC on Domain network locking automatically when using: Hi team , We have a SCADA system at one of our client's which comprises of around 11 operating workstations with OS - Windows 10 LTSC and servers with OS-windows Server 2016 . It is observed that some of the operating workstations are getting locked out randomly while...