Windows 10: PC automatically wakes up

Discus and support PC automatically wakes up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently using windows 10 and in the recent days, I have noticed that the computer wakes up by itself a lot. I have followed the instruction... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Songg_Tung, Jun 7, 2020.

1. PC automatically wakes up

Hi,

I'm currently using windows 10 and in the recent days, I have noticed that the computer wakes up by itself a lot. I have followed the instruction online to check for the reason and this is what cmd gives me with the command: powercfg -lastwake.

wakesource type: wake timer owner: [service] \device\harddiskvolume2\windows\system32\svchost.exe (systemeventsbroker) owner supplied reason: windows will execute 'nt task\microsoft\windows\updateorchestrator\universal orchestrator start' scheduled task that requested waking the computer.

Should I be concern about this? I don't mind the random wake up, but I do concern about the potential of having virus on my device.

submitted by /u/Songg_Tung
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Songg_Tung, Jun 7, 2020

2. PC waking up automatically from sleep mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the PC is waking from sleep mode as soon as you set it for sleep mode.

I appreciate your efforts in trying to find out that the issue is due to the wireless mouse and keyboard you are using.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    2. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

Refer the article
    Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to check the power management tab for the driver and see if that helps.

1. Press Windows key + R. This will open Run. Alternatively, you can go to Start and search for ‘Run’.
    2. In Run dialog box, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and hit enter.
    3. Expand the Keyboard and Mouse drivers.
    4. Double-click on the drivers and click on Power Management tab.
    5. Un-check the box next to Allow this device to wake the computer.
    6. Click on OK and close the device manager.

Try putting the PC to sleep mode and then check if the PC is waking up automatically.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jun 7, 2020
  4. PC automatically wakes up

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

PC automatically wakes up

1. PC automatically wakes up - Similar Threads - automatically wakes

2. HP 27ec Monitor Keeps Continuously Waking from Standby After Computer Sleeps Automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 27ec Monitor Keeps Continuously Waking from Standby After Computer Sleeps Automatically: Hi I have an odd situation. When my laptop sleeps automatically after a period of inactivity, the HP 27ec monitor will enter standby mode, make the device connect/disconnect sound, then wake back up, enter standby mode again, and continue ad infinitum. The laptop does not do...
  3. HP 27ec Monitor Keeps Continuously Waking from Standby After Computer Sleeps Automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP 27ec Monitor Keeps Continuously Waking from Standby After Computer Sleeps Automatically: Hi I have an odd situation. When my laptop sleeps automatically after a period of inactivity, the HP 27ec monitor will enter standby mode, make the device connect/disconnect sound, then wake back up, enter standby mode again, and continue ad infinitum. The laptop does not do...
  4. HP 27ec Monitor Keeps Continuously Waking from Standby After Computer Sleeps Automatically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
  5. Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep: I am unable to put my Lenovo laptop in sleep. When I put it to sleep, it wakes automatically up within a minute, without me doing anything.I checked even viewer. Below are the screen shots. It says Reason: Power Button in sixth screenshot, but I did not push it. Whats going...
  6. Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep

Windows laptop wakes up automatically from sleep: I am unable to put my Lenovo laptop in sleep. When I put it to sleep, it wakes automatically up within a minute, without me doing anything.I checked even viewer. Below are the screen shots. It says Reason: Power Button in sixth screenshot, but I did not push it. Whats going...
  7. 7940h Laptop: Display automatically wakes up immediately after shutting down in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    7940h Laptop: Display automatically wakes up immediately after shutting down in Windows 10: Device information:CPU: AMD Ryzen R9 7940H China exclusive, 7940HS internationallyGPU: Nvidia RTX 4070 LaptopOperating system: Windows 10 22H2 ProProblem encountered:I've set it to never sleep and the display to automatically go into sleep mode after 10 minutes, but after 10...
  8. 7940h Laptop: Display automatically wakes up immediately after shutting down in Windows 10

7940h Laptop: Display automatically wakes up immediately after shutting down in Windows 10: Device information:CPU: AMD Ryzen R9 7940H China exclusive, 7940HS internationallyGPU: Nvidia RTX 4070 LaptopOperating system: Windows 10 22H2 ProProblem encountered:I've set it to never sleep and the display to automatically go into sleep mode after 10 minutes, but after 10...
  9. 7940h Laptop: Display automatically wakes up immediately after shutting down in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Automatically sleeping and waking up multiple monitors on windows 10 or 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically sleeping and waking up multiple monitors on windows 10 or 11: Hi All,I have 4 large wall monitors that display the operational status of IT infratsructure networks, servers, cameras. They are needed weekedays 13 hours per day 07:00 to 18:00. I would like to automatically turn them off overnight and have them automatically back on at...