Windows 10: PC awakes from sleep and in 1-2 sec. powers back off.....

Discus and support PC awakes from sleep and in 1-2 sec. powers back off..... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; At WAKEUP from SLEEP, flashing power LED will go solid green , fans will spring to life for approx. 1-2 sec. and then immediately power OFF. Mouse,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ramblin, Jan 1, 2019.

1. ramblin Win User

PC awakes from sleep and in 1-2 sec. powers back off.....

At WAKEUP from SLEEP, flashing power LED will go solid green , fans will spring to life for approx. 1-2 sec. and then immediately power OFF. Mouse, keyboard, power and reset buttons have no effect. Only option is to switch off power strip for a second or so and then reboot. The sleep issue came up only after I recently upgraded my motherboard from a Gigabyte GA-MA78-DS3H (DDR2) to an ASUS M4A87TD-EVO (DDR3). I used my same hardware and only the motherboard and memory were changed. It was a rather smooth transition except for the sleep issue. I will just say, I have tried and tested every fix I could find and will attempt to list them at the end of this post along with my hardware. First thought maybe a power supply problem but seem to eliminate that as hibernate works well, just not my first choice.

Hardware:
    ... HD with all updates Win 10 Pro Ver.1809 Build 17763.195
    ... Processor AMD Phenom II x4 955 Black edition 3.2GHz
    ... 8GB of 1333MHz Samsung RAM
    ... NEW 400 watt ATX power supply
    ... NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050ti GPU
    Software envirenment:
    ... Windows Defender and firewall only
    ... Newest chipset drivers for Win10 from AMD site ( no Win10 at ASUS site)
    ... Newest graphics driver from NVIDIA site (clean install) … tried others as well
    ... Newest bios with "suspend mode" set to AUTO (tried S1 and S3 also)
    What I have tried:
    ... RAN sfc /scannow and found nothing
    ... RAN Windows "power" troubleshooter
    ... Tested my memory modules
    ... disabled FastStart
    ... tried both "balanced" and "preformance" power plans
    ... tried "restore plan defaults"
    ... both mouse and keyboard set to "allow this device to wake computer"
    Advanced Power Options:
    ... turn off harddrive (0) never
    ... sleep after (10)
    ... allow hybrid sleep (no)
    ... allow wake timers (enable)
    Have I missed anything ??
    And just about every other combination for SLEEP. With sleep disabled and hybrid sleep enabled it will hibernate just fine so that should eliminate power supply problems. Also the event viewer shows nothing short of a few"Event ID 10016" errors. The reboot will showup as an "event 41, Kernel Power" (the system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down) but thats about it. I`m willing to try about anything short of a fresh install unless I have to. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

ramblin, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Ar Rom Win User

PC Sleep will not awake

In that case, let's try to follow the steps provided by Sachin Venkatesh on November 4, 2015 on this

link
    and see if it helps.

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Ar Rom, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Windows 10 sleep

I'd already tried using default power settings - no change.

As you suggested I created a test user account, that also fails to awake from sleep..

Thanks for your advice, any suggestions for next steps?

RichardPEdwards, Jan 1, 2019
  4. PC awakes from sleep and in 1-2 sec. powers back off.....

awaking from sleep

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue.

As per the issue description you are facing issue with power options in Windows 8.1.
    This could be an issue with the corrupt power plan settings. This issue might also occur due to outdated display driver or some other devices are responsible to keep it awake.

Try the below mentioned methods and see if it works for you.

Method 1

Try to run Power Troubleshooter which is built troubleshooter and you may follow the steps mentioned below to run it.

• Press the Windows key and
      X at the same time.
    • Now click on Control panel.
    • In the search box of Control Panel type
      Troubleshooter, and select troubleshooting among the list.
    • Under System and Security, click
      Improve power usage.
    • Now try to run the troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Note: If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Method 2

If issue persists I would suggest you to Reset and restore the power plans to default.

• Press Windows key and
      X at the same time.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.

Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans would be removed.

Method 3:

If that does not help, delete the power plan and create a new power plan and check.

Please follow these steps to change the power plans:

a) Press Windows
    Key
    +X key together.

b) Select Control Panel. Select
    Power Option.

c) From the left hand side panel select Create
    a Power Plan

You can refer to the following link.

Power plans: Frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows-8/power-plans-faq

Note: The article is for Windows 8/8.1 but steps holds good for Windows 10 too.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

PC awakes from sleep and in 1-2 sec. powers back off.....

1. PC awakes from sleep and in 1-2 sec. powers back off..... - Similar Threads - awakes sleep sec

2. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  3. Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in the Taskbar disappear after awaking the PC from Sleep: Some or All icons in the taskbar disappear after waking PC from Sleep, or when the screen of the laptop was put down and was turned back up.This happens in more than 1 PC I own. And this happens in both laptop and desktop, and with OEM and Retail version of Windows 11.How to...
  4. Sleep to "kinda awake."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  5. Sleep to "kinda awake."

Sleep to "kinda awake.": I have a brand new less than 1 week old MSI PRO DP21 13M-497US Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-13400 running Windows 11 22H2. When it goes to sleep and I try to wake it via mouse, keyboard or power button I get a signal from them monitor, a beep that something connected, a...
  6. Sleep and power on/off

Sleep and power on/off: If I wish to take one of the power options on my laptop after a certain length of time, it will not respond except for restart and I have to manually use the power button to complete whichever option I have taken. However, if I take the restart option it will let me complete...
  7. awake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    awake from sleep: I am all set thank goodness. I used command prompt to find what was waking my desktop.. Why ae there so many places where one can check or uncheck awaking the desktop from sleep. There are places in device manager, and places in power management along with others. When the pc...
  8. awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net - Solution?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net - Solution?: Long standing problem for many people - awaking PC from sleep, and the inability to rejoin the net. This happens on all my PC's - both Ethernet and Wireless connected ones. Sometimes no problem, other times it fails. On the wireless ones, they often show the connected icon at...
  9. PC Power off/sleep

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Power off/sleep: Windows will not let my PC power off or go into 'sleep' mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-power-offsleep/85539172-e49a-47f8-bb69-19fee5d1aae2
  10. PC - Power Off - Sleep mode

in Windows 10 Support
    PC - Power Off - Sleep mode: 10-64 Updated to 10/04/2019 - KB4493464,4493478,4023057. After powering off if I select key powers on again. Has happened several times. Am certain correct key used to turn off. Appreciate assistance please. Rgds. 131083