Windows 10: PC Basically Freezes And Then Shuts Down My Entire WiFi Throughout The House

Discus and support PC Basically Freezes And Then Shuts Down My Entire WiFi Throughout The House in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Boy do I have a weird one for you. For the last couple weeks my internet in my house would go out. For the life of me I couldn't figure out if it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DerekStiles, Aug 4, 2019.

1. PC Basically Freezes And Then Shuts Down My Entire WiFi Throughout The House

Boy do I have a weird one for you. For the last couple weeks my internet in my house would go out. For the life of me I couldn't figure out if it was the router or modem. I would keep rebooting them but the internet wouldn't start working again. Long story short, I realized my computer that is connected to the internet via ethernet is in this weird state of flux. I have a blank screen and the only way to get out of it is restart the computer. The minute I restart, the internet throughout the house starts working again. I am running the latest Windows 10 build. I have no idea if this is a Windows problem, a router problem, a PC problem, or something in between. I don't even know where to start to ask for questions. I did find some event logs but I do not know the ideal way to post them on here. I will try my best to provide anything needed.

:)

DerekStiles, Aug 4, 2019

2. PC Basically Freezes And Then Shuts Down My Entire WiFi Throughout The House

Boy do I have a weird one for you. For the last couple weeks my internet in my house would go out. For the life of me I couldn't figure out if it was the router or modem. I would keep rebooting them but the internet wouldn't start working again. Long story
    short, I realized my computer that is connected to the internet via ethernet is in this weird state of flux. I have a blank screen and the only way to get out of it is restart the computer. The minute I restart, the internet throughout the house starts working
    again. I am running the latest Windows 10 build. I have no idea if this is a Windows problem, a router problem, a PC problem, or something in between. I don't even know where to start to ask for questions. I did find some event logs but I do not know the ideal
    way to post them on here. I will try my best to provide anything needed.

DerekStiles, Sep 29, 2019
  3. PC Basically Freezes And Then Shuts Down My Entire WiFi Throughout The House

Thank you for the reply, Smith. I just went ahead and tried that. My computer has restarted no problem. I have not found any way to trigger my computer to freeze like it does or what is causing it so the only way I will know if this works is if my computer
    doesn't freeze and my internet doesn't stop working. I will reply if it happens again.

DerekStiles, Sep 29, 2019
  4. PC Basically Freezes And Then Shuts Down My Entire WiFi Throughout The House

PC Basically Freezes And Then Shuts Down My Entire WiFi Throughout The House

Hi, DerekStiles

My name is Smith and I am an Independent Advisor. I would be happy to help you today.

Try to repair your internet connection

Restore all network adapters to repair your connection.

Open the network and Internet settings in the Configuration application.

The quickest way to do this is to right-click or long press the network icon in the notification tray and choose "Open network and Internet settings". The network icon looks different if you have an active cable connection or a wireless connection. The menu
    that opens is the same. Choose open network settings and the Internet.

On the left side of the Network and Internet settings window, make sure you are in the Status category. Then, to the right, scroll to the end of the configuration list. There, you should see a link called "Restart the network." Click or tap on it.

The Configuration application opens a view called Network Restart, which tells you that "This will remove and then reinstall all your network adapters, and will set other network components to their original settings. You may need to reinstall other software
    of networks, such as VPN, client software or virtual switches.

If you agree with all that and want to continue restarting your network adapters, click or touch Reset now.

Windows 10 asks you to confirm that you want to reset your network adapters. If you do so, click or touch Yes.

If you went ahead and chose to reset your network adapters, Windows 10 informs you that your computer or device shuts down in 5 minutes. Close the notification and save whatever you are working on before this timer expires.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10741/...

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

SmithErikson, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

PC Basically Freezes And Then Shuts Down My Entire WiFi Throughout The House

1. PC Basically Freezes And Then Shuts Down My Entire WiFi Throughout The House - Similar Threads - Basically Freezes Shuts

2. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  3. PC freezes and shuts down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and shuts down: I installed a new CPU and motherboard and have been getting an issue where the PC randomly shutsdown and I don't udnerstand where the problem is. The dump file data is included belowWHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR 124A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the...
  4. shutting down windows sandbox freezes the entire pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shutting down windows sandbox freezes the entire pc: Hey all! So recently I've been trying out some things in windows sandbox to see if something I'm working on is working correctly. The problem is after I shut down windows sandbox using the system shut down button inside the sandbox it freezes my pc shortly after with nothing...
  5. shutting down windows sandbox freezes the entire pc

shutting down windows sandbox freezes the entire pc: Hey all! So recently I've been trying out some things in windows sandbox to see if something I'm working on is working correctly. The problem is after I shut down windows sandbox using the system shut down button inside the sandbox it freezes my pc shortly after with nothing...
  6. PC shut down and freezing problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC shut down and freezing problem: Hi,My pc is facing a weird problem:1 It does not running on 3200 mhz , I have enabled it manually multiple times but my pc just shuts down and it alway revert back to 2133 mhz and enable core performance boost I dont prefer it because it get preety hot nad i dont have good...
  7. PC shut down and freezing problem

PC shut down and freezing problem: Hi,My pc is facing a weird problem:1 It does not running on 3200 mhz , I have enabled it manually multiple times but my pc just shuts down and it alway revert back to 2133 mhz and enable core performance boost I dont prefer it because it get preety hot nad i dont have good...
  8. PC shut down and freezing problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. freezing and shutting down.

freezing and shutting down.: I have windows 11. My computer is frequently freezing and or on occasion it just shuts down without notice or pattern. Sometimes i must do a hard reboot as the task manager wont reset. Or when i go to my task manager i see so many programs running and have no idea what they...
  10. Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor Freezes and PC Shuts Down: I could find nothing in the update which indicated a problem. Since the occurrence is so rare I'll take a wait and see approach for now.