Windows 10: Pc battery Charging

Discus and support Pc battery Charging in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can Anybody help me?I am using laptop since 2 years, on this year I used it heavy for my online classes. So my questions is my laptop battery is not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rashmika Dulith, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Pc battery Charging

Can Anybody help me?I am using laptop since 2 years, on this year I used it heavy for my online classes. So my questions is my laptop battery is not good as I think, I need to get opinion should I replace my battery?When I charge to 100% my laptop shows it only work for 13 minutes and also after overnight full charge when I plugged it out and turned on it after some hours my battery shows 2% percent.So what should I do?

:)

Rashmika Dulith, Aug 3, 2021

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Pc battery Charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 3, 2021
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Pc battery Charging pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 3, 2021
  4. baskhara Win User

Pc battery Charging

Acer battery won't charge

What if the battery unremoveable? Should I disassemble and remove it? also there is a switch underneath the case and around the RAM slot that prevent the laptop to turn on when the case is open and without the charger. Is that the same as removing the battery? although when turned on with charger, the laptop still see the battery. Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I took the report, the design capacity was 41.440 mWh but full charge capacity is now 25.752 mWh. Is it that bad? Before this happened I believe HWMonitor also show the same number with 38% Wear Level.
    Here's the report file

baskhara, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Pc battery Charging

1. Pc battery Charging - Similar Threads - battery Charging

2. My battery is charged to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My battery is charged to 100%: It has been a long time since my laptop is charged from 0% totally flat to 100% now. Although my friend said it seems like worn out, but it is fully charged. My laptop went black and nothing seems to be working without the charging cable.Here is my battery...
  3. My battery is charged to 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My battery is charged to 100%: It has been a long time since my laptop is charged from 0% totally flat to 100% now. Although my friend said it seems like worn out, but it is fully charged. My laptop went black and nothing seems to be working without the charging cable.Here is my battery...
  4. My battery is charged to 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even...: Hi, I recently bought a new HP Spectre 14 inch running Windows 11 and have noticed that the battery icon in the taskbar always shows a little lightning icon, which I believe indicates that it is charging, although the laptop is always plugged in, the battery is fully charged...
  6. My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even...

My Windows 11 2024 HP Spectre 14 inch battery indicator always seems to be charging, even...: Hi, I recently bought a new HP Spectre 14 inch running Windows 11 and have noticed that the battery icon in the taskbar always shows a little lightning icon, which I believe indicates that it is charging, although the laptop is always plugged in, the battery is fully charged...
  7. Laptop battery light blinking while charging in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Laptop battery light blinking while charging in Windows 11: [IMG]If your LWindows laptop battery light keeps blinking while charging, then this article will help you fix this problem. Usually, this issue can occur due to a faulty battery, a faulty charging cable, outdated or corrupted battery drivers, etc. Laptop battery light...
  8. Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up: I've done all the diagnostic tests for both power battery and adapted both pass, windows version is up to date, I've deleted in device manager the battery firmware and restarted pc, problem didn't solve please help...
  9. Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up

Pavillion 2023, battery percentage stuck at 13%, AC cable plugged in battery wont charge up: I've done all the diagnostic tests for both power battery and adapted both pass, windows version is up to date, I've deleted in device manager the battery firmware and restarted pc, problem didn't solve please help...
  10. Battery is dead dead will not accept a charge how do I Jumpstart this thing to get the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery is dead dead will not accept a charge how do I Jumpstart this thing to get the...: How do I charge my rog ally if the battery got really low and windows 11 disabled my USB-c ports to save battery power then the rog ally was attempting to put the device to sleep cause the battery was about to die and then it died in the middle of all this and now will not...