Windows 10: PC Became suddenly became really slow.

Discus and support PC Became suddenly became really slow. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Xevoltz, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Xevoltz Win User

PC Became suddenly became really slow.

I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't fix it. I would really need help.[moved from de-de]

:)

Xevoltz, Jan 14, 2022

2. Extremely slow pc suddenly windows 8.1

Windows 8.1 suddenly my pc is extremely slow any suggestions please

johnsonconnie, Jan 14, 2022
  3. Lenovo laptop suddenly slow

I have a new Lenovo E580 laptop (bought January 2019) which suddenly started to run very slow. I have especially noticed it with build times in Visual Studio and loading times for a local website in IIS.

I have tried to reinstall Windows 10 Pro by formatting the entire computer but it’s still slow.

Laptop spec:

• Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    • CPU: i7-8550U 2.00GHz
    • 16 GB RAM
    • 512 SSD

Software where I really notice the slowness:

• Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.3.9
    • IIS to Windows 10

I have tried to setup an older laptop with the same software installed as the new laptop, to compare the loading times. The old laptop has a very similar spec. (i7-4700MQ 2.40GHz, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD). The load time for a local website on the new laptop is 78 seconds where on the old is 30 seconds. On the new laptop it used to be around 30 seconds as well.

It’s not just Visual Studio and IIS that is slow it’s the entire laptop. I thought it would be fixed by reinstalling Windows but there were no improvements. I suspect it’s a hardware issue, but I don’t get any errors, and everything looks fine.

Does anyone have suggestions to what I can try to pinpoint this issue or is it better to contact Lenovo support, as the new laptop is still under warranty?

Høgsdal, Jan 14, 2022
  4. John Vil Win User

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jan 14, 2022
Thema:

1. PC Became suddenly became really slow. - Similar Threads - Became suddenly became

2. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  3. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  4. PC Suddenly became Extremly slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  6. PC Became suddenly became really slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Became suddenly became really slow.: I was playing a game named For honor. After closing it I realised that my pc was running really slow for no reason. I checked Task manager and everything looked normal. I thought that It had to do something with Windows Updates so I installed the recent Update but that Didn't...
  7. Speakers suddenly became really weak

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speakers suddenly became really weak: So when I first got my laptop, which is a Lenovo L340, the speakers were working completely fine. However, after a month or two specifically after a system update the volume just became really low, even my brothers laptop at 30 volume is louder than mine at 100. I managed to...
  8. PC became slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC became slow: 1st problem is that when ever i boot up it stays on black screen for about 2minutes or 1minute then it start normal boot up. before putting pw. 2nd one is the microsoft store does not work after i reset it i tried all things that was said on other same questions as mine but...
  9. Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything.

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast PC suddenly became slow with everything.: My PC runs Windows 10, all the fans are working everything seems to be powered but when I start the pc, it is really slow. In games where I had 200+ FPS do I now have below 10 FPS. We have done multiple antivirus tests and that is not the problem. No big programs are opened...
  10. PC suddenly became dangerously slow!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC suddenly became dangerously slow!: I play mostly PC games, my PC can run them quite well I have 0 issues since I built it a couple years ago. I work in the evenings, so when I turned my PC to go to work, I came home later that night to realise my PC suddenly became super slow, I have an SSD and it takes about...