Windows 10: PC becomes slow and goes into automatic repair mode frequently on restarting

Discus and support PC becomes slow and goes into automatic repair mode frequently on restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My PC crashed recently last week. The automatic repair mode did not work. I tried the 'Reset Computer' , 'Restore to an earlier point' options.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Naveen3000, Jul 14, 2020.

1. PC becomes slow and goes into automatic repair mode frequently on restarting

Hi,

My PC crashed recently last week. The automatic repair mode did not work. I tried the 'Reset Computer' , 'Restore to an earlier point' options. None of the troubleshooting options in the blue screen worked.

Finally, I downloaded Win 10 recovery from MS support website to my pendrive and booted the pc from pendrive. Reinstalled Win 10.

Now, my PC often becomes slow in response to any applications that I try to open. Also, whenever I start or restart my PC, it starts checking and fixing errors on my C drive while booting. This happens at random. Some days it boots successfully without errors. Some days it checks and fixes errors or goes into automatic repair mode.

I checked the System32 logfiles and got the following error

Root cause found:
    ---------------------------
    Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck 7e. Parameters = 0xffffffffc0000006, 0xfffff80473c53089, 0xffff9e0bcec06328, 0xffff9e0bcec05b60.

---------------------------

Kindly help in finding a permanent solution to this random problem

:)

Naveen3000, Jul 14, 2020

2. Restart goes to "Automatic Repair

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Not to worry, we’re here to help you out.

The Automatic Repair tool automates common diagnostic and repair tasks for startup issues like
    non-bootable operating system installations. Automatic Repair starts if the computer fails over into Windows RE because of a detected boot failure.

Initially, I suggest you to start your computer in safe mode with Networking and check if the issue appears there as well. If it does not appear in safe mode with Networking place the computer in clean boot state to identify the culprit program running
    in the background creating this error.

Step 1: Safe Mode with Networking

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started.

Refer the article below:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If the problem does not exist in safe mode, try to perform a clean boot and check.

Step 2: Clean Boot.

Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

Follow the article How to perform a clean boot in Windows in the below link and check if it helps:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

(Applies to Windows 10 as well).

NOTE: Once you perform clean boot do refer to the section
    How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the computer in normal mode.

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Windows10 Automatic Repair

Hi,

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted system files that are not letting the operating system to perform repair and boot to the desktop.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you tried booting in
      Safe Mode
      ? If not, we suggest that you try it. Check this article for information.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? We need to know it for us to know what other troubleshooting steps to give.

You can check the troubleshooting steps provided by Deepika Gowda on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

PC becomes slow and goes into automatic repair mode frequently on restarting

PC shows Automatic Repair screen after booting

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

Refer the steps mentioned below to restart the computer in Safe Mode:

1. On the Choose an option screen, click on Troubleshoot.
    2. Click on Advanced options.
    3. Click on StartupSettings and click on
      Restart.
    4. After the device restarts, you will see list of options. Select option
      5 or press F5 to boot the computer into
      Safe Mode with Networking

After restarting the computer in Safe mode, refer the steps mentioned in my earlier response to perform clean boot and see if the PC boots normally.

If the computer doesn't boot,
    I would also suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Use installation media to restore your PC from the article
    Recovery options in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

PC becomes slow and goes into automatic repair mode frequently on restarting

1. PC becomes slow and goes into automatic repair mode frequently on restarting - Similar Threads - becomes slow goes

2. Pc suddenly becomes slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc suddenly becomes slow: When i open adobe preimere pro or any streaming applications streamlabs, obs, etc. my pc suddenly slows down everything lags really hard this never happened before until today. Currently have windows 11....
  3. Pc suddenly becomes slow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc suddenly becomes slow: When i open adobe preimere pro or any streaming applications streamlabs, obs, etc. my pc suddenly slows down everything lags really hard this never happened before until today. Currently have windows 11....
  4. Pc goes into automatic repair after clean boot attempt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc goes into automatic repair after clean boot attempt: Hello, Sometime ago I had an issue with a vr headset, steam support told me to see if the problem remains if I tried to start it after a clean boot. So following instructions I quickly clean booted my pc and tried the vr, which didn't fix its issue. So then I opened msconfig...
  5. Pc goes into automatic repair after clean boot attempt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc goes into automatic repair after clean boot attempt: Hello, Sometime ago I had an issue with a vr headset, steam support told me to see if the problem remains if I tried to start it after a clean boot. So following instructions I quickly clean booted my pc and tried the vr, which didn't fix its issue. So then I opened msconfig...
  6. Pc goes into automatic repair after clean boot attempt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Automatic repair mode

Automatic repair mode: Hi Laptop went into automatic repair mode, blue screen came up with A list of options tried a few without luck, then tried to reset laptop & save files & laptop has been stuck on repairing disk errors for 2 days....
  8. Restart going to automatic repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Restart going to automatic repair: Hi plz anyone help me if i restart my pc it is going to automatic repair i dont know why it is happening i have pay to buy a new os everytime in this lockdown i buyed more than 6 times i dont know what to to do next time am going to put another os becuz of waste windows...
  9. PC becoming slow and laggy

PC becoming slow and laggy: I was wondering if anyone new how to fix the problem with my pc as it has become very laggy and slow and cant run applications as good as it did before https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-becoming-slow-and-laggy/8fa58752-bc98-4203-9146-9d95d2175991
  10. Entering automatic repair mode after every restart or shutdown

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Entering automatic repair mode after every restart or shutdown: Every time I reboot my PC or turn it on again after shutting down it goes into automatic repair and it will also randomly crashes and go to this. Once here it is stuck and constantly turns on and off for sometimes hours even after I troubleshoot I am entirely stuck.. somebody...