Windows 10: PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen

Discus and support PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Sometimes when gaming on my custom built PC it will go to a black screen and the fans will ramp up to 100%. I have to turn my PSU on and off because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kai_c, Nov 29, 2020.

1. kai_c Win User

PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen

Sometimes when gaming on my custom built PC it will go to a black screen and the fans will ramp up to 100%. I have to turn my PSU on and off because the keyboard, mouse, and power button are unresponsive. This mostly only happens when playing intensive games and i already have tried updating my drivers. Please help!

MoBo: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro WiFi

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x with stock cooler

GPU: XFX Radeon RX 590 Fatboy

Ram: 2sticks 16gb 3200mhz

Boot Drive: Kingston 480gb ssd

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2tb

Case: NZXT H510

PSU: Thermaltake Bx1 550w

:)

kai_c, Nov 29, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 29, 2020
  3. Screen goes black if the power cord is connected

Hi Tony,

As the screen goes black I suggest you to refer the Microsoft article on
    Troubleshoot black screen problems and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

I also see that you are facing issues with the keyboard this might be due to the corruption of keyboard drivers. I suggest you to run the
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps for the same.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    • Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please get back to us with the information required, if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Nov 29, 2020
  4. PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen

pc turns in and goes to a black screen

PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen [​IMG]

PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen [​IMG]

crazymama77, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen

1. PC Becomes unresponsive and goes to black screen - Similar Threads - Becomes unresponsive goes

2. Pc screen starts glitching randomly and sometimes pc becomes unresponsive or it just goes on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc screen starts glitching randomly and sometimes pc becomes unresponsive or it just goes on: Pc Screen starts to glitch, recently my bluetooth mouse stopped working only the keyboard works now and since then the problem is revurring , the pc just suddenly goes on a rampage, the whole screen starts glitching left right and if I get scared that its about to explode and...
  3. Pc screen starts glitching randomly and sometimes pc becomes unresponsive or it just goes on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc screen starts glitching randomly and sometimes pc becomes unresponsive or it just goes on: Pc Screen starts to glitch, recently my bluetooth mouse stopped working only the keyboard works now and since then the problem is revurring , the pc just suddenly goes on a rampage, the whole screen starts glitching left right and if I get scared that its about to explode and...
  4. Pc screen starts glitching randomly and sometimes pc becomes unresponsive or it just goes on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour: No matter what my computer screen goes black and becomes un-useable. I can restart it and use it again for a while but after about an hour or loonger the computer goes black screen whether I am doing something or not....
  6. My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour: No matter what my computer screen goes black and becomes un-useable. I can restart it and use it again for a while but after about an hour or loonger the computer goes black screen whether I am doing something or not....
  7. My computer goes to a black screen and becomes unresponsive after about an hour

8. PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive

PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive: Hello, My PC has been black screening for awhile during games and I don't know the solution. It does this during games, but windows also sometimes becomes unresponsive in which the only solution is to manually turn off the PC. I'm using an Inno3d RTX 3070 chill x3, a ryzen...
  9. PC becomes unresponsive

PC becomes unresponsive: My computer randomly becomes unresponsive, the mouse locks up, the audio drops out, and the machine itself makes a buzzing/grinding noise not from the speakers. Without any user input the machine corrects itself and goes back to normal operation. I have updated my drivers,...
  10. PC becomes unresponsive?

PC becomes unresponsive?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...