Windows 10: PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

Discus and support PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BMhelp, Feb 27, 2024.

1. BMhelp Win User

PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have him download Windows 10 vers. 22H2 on it, then connect it back to my PC and use my SSD to boot. However, after doing so, my PC would become unresponsive still powered on after starting up. I'd see my motherboard's logo Gigabyte and "Starting Automatic Repair" on the bottom for a second or so before my monitors turn black

:)

BMhelp, Feb 27, 2024
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Feb 27, 2024
  3. FTWitachi Win User
    Startup programs not launching on startup

Replying to Brink none of that works here is why- Step 1- No items listed in startup on task manager as stated. Step 2- I dont have shell:Startup on the pc as it cannot be located Step 3- I dont understand that option also the startup folder cannot be found Step 4- No apps showing under startup on settings Step 5- Dont have access to advanced options at all for any apps Step 6- Doesn't work. Thanks for trying - - - Updated - - - @dalchina, Will try the program now and no I have no suitable restore points and also nothing that I am aware of has been updated besides for Windows Updates but nothing major. WIll respond once I try the program.

FTWitachi, Feb 27, 2024
  4. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

1. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup - Similar Threads - Becomes Unresponsive Startup

2. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  3. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  4. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup Due to SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  6. PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Becomes Unresponsive On Startup: Hello!Recently I had a problem with my Windows not updating from 10 vers. 1909 to vers. 22H2 and have tried a number of fixes that have led me to believe that there is a physical issue with my motherboard. However, I had the idea of transferring my SSD to a friend's PC, have...
  7. PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive

PC Black screening and becoming unresponsive: Hello, My PC has been black screening for awhile during games and I don't know the solution. It does this during games, but windows also sometimes becomes unresponsive in which the only solution is to manually turn off the PC. I'm using an Inno3d RTX 3070 chill x3, a ryzen...
  8. PC becomes unresponsive

PC becomes unresponsive: My computer randomly becomes unresponsive, the mouse locks up, the audio drops out, and the machine itself makes a buzzing/grinding noise not from the speakers. Without any user input the machine corrects itself and goes back to normal operation. I have updated my drivers,...
  9. PC becomes unresponsive, any help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC becomes unresponsive, any help?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...
  10. PC becomes unresponsive?

PC becomes unresponsive?: So basically I've been doing fine on this PC then recently since this Sunday. Anytime I play low-performance games I don't have a problem but when I paly a high-performance game my screen will freeze on that game and if I manage to Alt + Tab out the other windows are also...