Windows 10: PC began to give BSOD shortly after installing a new Graphics Card

Discus and support PC began to give BSOD shortly after installing a new Graphics Card in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Multiple hours after starting up the PC, it will Bluescreen with the text of "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Checking the event viewer's bugcheck log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jonny_EG, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Jonny_EG Win User

PC began to give BSOD shortly after installing a new Graphics Card

Multiple hours after starting up the PC, it will Bluescreen with the text of "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Checking the event viewer's bugcheck log produces this:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000096, 0xffffdd01bd38fff0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 6fc0cdcb-899e-44ba-98e3-be4b058a9ca7.I then updated my GPU's drivers, as that was the most recently install

:)

Jonny_EG, Nov 29, 2023

2. PC slow with new graphics card

In an attempt to upgrade my old PC, I replaced my Geforce 9800 GT graphics card with a new Radeon RX580 graphics card. Unfortunately, with the new graphics card installed and my old graphics card removed, my PC takes 10 minutes to boot. Task manager shows
    a high percentage of system interrupts after I login and my PC is too slow to use.

Interestingly, if my old and new graphics cards are installed, my problem completely goes away. I could just leave both graphics cards installed and disable my old card, but I'd really like to remove my old card to give my new card more
    breathing space inside my case.

How do I make my PC responsive with my old graphics card removed and my new graphics card installed?

I've tried the following:

1. Used Display Driver Uninstaller to remove my old display drivers.
    2. Physically disconnected all non-essential devices.
    3. Used device manager to disable all non-essential devices.
    4. Updated all drivers.
    5. Used dsim and sfc /scannow to repair corrupt files (no corruptions found).
    6. Used Microsoft Windows Performance Analyser to create an ETL file.

PC specs:

• Gigabyte ga-ud5-ex58 motherboard with F13 BIOS (latest version).
    • Intel i7 920 CPU.
    • 32GB RAM.
    • Samsung SSD.
    • Geforce 9800 GT graphics card.
    • Windows 10.

JonThornton2, Nov 29, 2023
  3. dpc watchdog violation shortly after getting new graphics card drivers

Lately, I have been repeatedly getting the dreaded dpc watchdog violation error. Here's all of the relevant info that I have:

• I started having problems shortly after I downloaded a new driver for my graphics card. It started with windows or the screen turning black for about a second but then got progressively worse until it reached the point where the screen would freeze up and
      sound would cut out shortly after.
    • The mouse cursor is always the last thing to lock up when the screen freezes.
    • I have since updated my graphics card driver a second time only to continue having the same problems. I've even tried going back to an older driver and still had the same problem.
    • I downloaded Driver Booster and got everything up to date.
    • I've tried using CCleaner to clean the registry multiple times.
    • The only way to keep my PC from crashing is to disable the graphics card drivers.
    • I had a power failure a while back which resulted in my PC being shutdown improperly.
    • The last time my PC crashed, blue spots appeared all over the screen just before the BSOD came up.
    • When my PC starts up, it displays the default lock screen instead of the one I selected.
    Here are my specs:

Nvidia Geforce 560 GTX

MSI Gaming 5 Motherboard

64-bit Windows 10 Pro

Intel Core i5-4460

12 GB Ram

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB

AmazingSparkman, Nov 29, 2023
  4. P4-630 Win User

How to install/use new graphics card when currently running igp

Ok, I know I can't buy the GTX1070 yet, but once I have it, how do I install/use it?
    Currently I'm using Intel HD530 graphics on my i5 6500 CPU.

What I think the procedure should be:
    • Leave the DVI cable connected to the motherboard, startup PC with IGP.
    • Go in the BIOS and look for an option to disable IGP and enable PCIe graphics.
    • Save BIOS (do I still have display once I saved this setting?) and shut down.
    • Inserting new graphics card.
    • Connect DVI cable to graphics card.
    • Startup PC.
    • Install new graphics driver.
    Would this be the correct way?
    Also do I need to uninstall the Intel graphics before installing the Nvidia display driver
    (or even before doing the mentioned steps above)?

Thanks!

P4-630, Nov 29, 2023
Thema:

1. PC began to give BSOD shortly after installing a new Graphics Card - Similar Threads - began BSOD shortly

2. PC began to give BSOD shortly after installing a new Graphics Card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC began to give BSOD shortly after installing a new Graphics Card: Multiple hours after starting up the PC, it will Bluescreen with the text of "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Checking the event viewer's bugcheck log produces this:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000096, 0xffffdd01bd38fff0,...
  3. PC began to give BSOD shortly after installing a new Graphics Card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC began to give BSOD shortly after installing a new Graphics Card: Multiple hours after starting up the PC, it will Bluescreen with the text of "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". Checking the event viewer's bugcheck log produces this:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e 0xffffffffc0000096, 0xffffdd01bd38fff0,...
  4. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card: Hello,I've upgraded from my GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070 in early March and I'm encountering various BSODs regulary a week ever since. The BSODs occur when watching YouTube videos, running GIMP 2.10.34 and sometimes even in Idle state where no program is active that consumes...
  5. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card: Hello,I've upgraded from my GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070 in early March and I'm encountering various BSODs regulary a week ever since. The BSODs occur when watching YouTube videos, running GIMP 2.10.34 and sometimes even in Idle state where no program is active that consumes...
  6. Multiple BSODs after installing new graphics card

7. BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card: Hello,After upgrading from a GTX 1070 to a RTX 3070, I received a BSOD at the desktop and a DMP file was created. It has only happened one time and it was on the first boot up with the 3070.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqhFwSuY8Ahin31NcPzKnMyWEsiH?e=KCVDJt...
  8. Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card

Constant BSOD After Installing New Graphics Card: I recently upgraded from a GTX 1070 to an RTX 3070. Ever since I got the new card, my PC keeps crashing constantly at random intervals with BSOD. I've included my dumps below. Would appreciate any help. System: CPU Intel Core i7 6700K Motherboard MSI Z170A SLI Plus RAM...
  9. Repeating BSOD after new graphics card

Repeating BSOD after new graphics card: I recently got the NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2080 Super but it seems to be messing up my pc. I keep getting BSOD at random points with different error messages. Minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Anb0Wr8UfRTHgf9OABho_Pw-Zu5dTw?e=jfJdt0 I can't reset my PC completely without getting...
  10. BSOD after installing new graphics card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after installing new graphics card: I was looking for a budget PC that could run games with decent graphics. I ended up purchasing a Dell Optiplex 3020 MT to upgrade for gaming. I have since then put a new power supply and graphics card in it. After installing the graphics card, I could play games for about 10...