Windows 10: PC behaving very weridly after update.

Discus and support PC behaving very weridly after update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So a couple days ago I had a driver error with my controller and installing a large update I was putting off fixed it. The next day I had issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NaNaNiiiall, Dec 31, 2020.

1. PC behaving very weridly after update.

So a couple days ago I had a driver error with my controller and installing a large update I was putting off fixed it.

The next day I had issues playing a game, where frames would freeze for 4 seconds, then normal for 4, repeating. I also noticed that I couldn't type anything in my start bar. I thought it could be something SSD related, as it was periodically spiking up to 100% in task manager but I couldn't see what was causing it (wasn't sure if this was normal or something new). I checked for more updates and installed them, installing even more upon restart that seemed to pop up.

After these updates, upon signing in my PC would show a black screen, and after moving my mouse the cursor would appear. I could also see the start menu through the windows key, although I couldn't type anything and nothing would load when clicked. I could open task manager, I think because it's set to Always on top, but running a task wouldn't load anything. When alt tabbing, I could see the programs were actually there but they all seemed to be stuck under the black screen.

I was then in the middle of typing up this post when somehow the black screen disappeared, after at least a couple minutes of being stuck like that. It took a while for my desktop icons to all load in, they were showing the default white file icon, so seems like something load related.

Now, everything windows related is extremely slow. Typing in the start bar results in it endlessly loading, without showing any suggestions, and navigating the settings menus seems to be almost impossible, either takes forever to load or doesn't load at all. Task manager is still showing the SSD spikes. I believe my drivers are up to date. I also tried the windows startup repair when the black screen was the issue.

Anyone have any ideas? Many thanks for any help.

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X

GPU: Zotac NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

MoBo: ASUS ROG Strix B450-I Mini ITX

Ram: 2x G.Skill Aegis 8GB DDR4-2133

PSU: Corsair 500W 80+

SSD (Boot Drive): Drevo X1 240GB

HDD (Games Folders): WD Blue 1TB

submitted by /u/NaNaNiiiall
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NaNaNiiiall, Dec 31, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 31, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond PC behaving very weridly after update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 31, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

PC behaving very weridly after update.

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

PC behaving very weridly after update.

1. PC behaving very weridly after update. - Similar Threads - behaving very weridly

2. PC very slow after 24H2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC very slow after 24H2 update: Hi,I am having trouble using my pc after i updated to 24H2.I am having trouble doing the most basics things like open the browser or every other app on my pc.How can i fix or rollback to another version?Thank you,Ergys...
  3. PC very slow after 24H2 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC very slow after 24H2 update: Hi,I am having trouble using my pc after i updated to 24H2.I am having trouble doing the most basics things like open the browser or every other app on my pc.How can i fix or rollback to another version?Thank you,Ergys...
  4. Very werid on screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very werid on screen keyboard: All of the sudden my on screen keyboard is deformed. I've tried a few things but I can't make it normal again. Can it be uninstalled and then reinstalled to fix it? Or is there something else that can be done....
  5. Very werid on screen keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very werid on screen keyboard: All of the sudden my on screen keyboard is deformed. I've tried a few things but I can't make it normal again. Can it be uninstalled and then reinstalled to fix it? Or is there something else that can be done....
  6. Windows explorer is behaving very strange

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer is behaving very strange: A few weeks ago I started having problems with the explorer. One day it started lagging a lot, freezing and stuff. Then, every time I selected a file it would completely freeze but not showing "Not responding". Later, I stopped having this problem but after a few days I had...
  7. Why after "update", the PC is very slow?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why after "update", the PC is very slow?: Dear Sir and Madam: Recently my PC makes me upset! Each time after updating, the pc became very slow! Much time have been wasted to find out the reason. Now I fear of update! Tell me what should I do? -- Zhao...
  8. Boot is werid

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Boot is werid: Whenever I boot my pc it boots into the OS but I'm supposed to see the windows logo with the loading screen also. I just see the loading. How do I make the windows icon appear also? When I use a virtual machine it appears but in my actual pc, it's gone! If you don't...
  9. Mouse behaves erratically after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse behaves erratically after update: After the last update my mouse behaves erratically. It also generates error sound when I am playing 3D games. I did a clean reinstall of video card driver, plugged the mouse in another USB port and reinstalled mouse drivers. I use Basic Logitech USB mouse and Nvidia Geforce...
  10. After Windows update, mouse behaves differently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After Windows update, mouse behaves differently: After the last Windows update to 1809, my mouse moves sometimes too fast or sometimes too slow. And it doesn’t depend on the Mouse Accelaration on or off. I use Lenovo laptop with the default Microsoft Mouse Driver. My mouse is Rapoo N1162 . I don’t face this issue in...