Windows 10: PC black screen after Windows 10 update before logging in and won't enter safe boot

Discus and support PC black screen after Windows 10 update before logging in and won't enter safe boot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I've been away for more than 6 months, so my PC has been stuck in month of May update. The PC was running properly before but I noticed there was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lowkeyprogressing, Dec 18, 2018.

1. PC black screen after Windows 10 update before logging in and won't enter safe boot

Hi! I've been away for more than 6 months, so my PC has been stuck in month of May update. The PC was running properly before but I noticed there was a message written, "Activate Windows." I also saw a failed update and it was requiring me to restart the PC. I didn't have a chance to take a picture of the details of the update. So I restarted the PC. After the windows logo showing up, black screen follows. I've waited for it overnight but it was still on black screen. I restarted it multiple times, it's still the same. I tried pressing the keys for safe boot but nothing shows up.

NOTE: Black screen happened after Windows logo appearing and before I can log in to the system.

:)

lowkeyprogressing, Dec 18, 2018
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Laptop went black and won;t reboot

Hi Andree,

Hardware and software conflict is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing black screen. Sometimes, it is also because of hardware failure. To get this issue fixed, we suggest that you
    boot into Safe Mode by following these steps:

• Turn off your computer 3 times while booting. Windows should automatically boot to the Recovery Environment after 3 unsuccessful attempts in a row.
    • Once you are within the Recovery Environment, select Troubleshoot, and then
      Advanced options, then Startup Settings, and
      Restart
      . When it restarts, you should see a number of options. Press 5 or F5 for
      Safe Mode with Networking.
    Once your computer is in Safe Mode, please follow the workaround provided on this
    link. Simply select the similar case that you're experiencing to show the troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Dec 18, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

PC black screen after Windows 10 update before logging in and won't enter safe boot

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

PC black screen after Windows 10 update before logging in and won't enter safe boot

1. PC black screen after Windows 10 update before logging in and won't enter safe boot - Similar Threads - black screen update

2. Pc won't boot to logging screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won't boot to logging screen after windows update: Hello ,10 days ago my system decided to do a system update. After i oppened the laptop , the first thing i show was the windows circle and below that the message:system update.After that is suppose to open the login screen of windows but the only thing that shows is a black...
  3. Pc won't boot to logging screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won't boot to logging screen after windows update: Hello ,10 days ago my system decided to do a system update. After i oppened the laptop , the first thing i show was the windows circle and below that the message:system update.After that is suppose to open the login screen of windows but the only thing that shows is a black...
  4. Pc won't boot to logging screen after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 black screen before log in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 black screen before log in: I need help, when i open my laptop new lock screen picture that shows 'windows sign in' then whenever i press any key it turns to black screen. Can someone help me?...
  6. Black screen before log in after win 10 updates

Black screen before log in after win 10 updates: After updating win 10 on acer aspire 7535G laptop, I cannot log in to windows. Just get a black screen and no matter what I do nothing works. I cannot get into safe mode to troubleshoot or repair. I was speaking to a Microsoft technician but was cut off after about 15 mins....
  7. Black screen before log in after win 10 updates

Black screen before log in after win 10 updates: After win 10 updates yesterdaymay have been interupted cannot log in on Acer Aspire 7535G. This laptop has not been used for a few months but was working before the updates. I have tried turning the on off switch 3 times. I have tried control/alt del also Win+ctrl+shift+b....
  8. Black screen before log-on and BSOD Safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen before log-on and BSOD Safe mode: Hello, I have run into a problem where my pc won't boot instead showing a completely blank/black screen and no cursor before log-on. I am also unable to boot into Safe Mode as I get the Critical Process Died BSOD. This occoured after a forced shutdown while my computer was...
  9. Windows 10 Black screen before log in

Windows 10 Black screen before log in: I rebooted my laptop this morning as it was running slow, and upon rebooting it came up to a black screen only showing my cursor before logging in. I'm obviously unable to login, and Advanced Repair isn't an option as no Windows logo ever appears and only my HP logo I...
  10. Windows 10 Black Screen Before Log in

Windows 10 Black Screen Before Log in: Hi Guys, So i do 3D animation and it can be resource heavy and takes up a lot of ram and gpu However a fortnight ago it i got the bluescreen of death It tried restarting Then from there, switching on didnt work, after the Lenovo loading screen it goes black, and the fan...