Windows 10: Pc black screening when I open applications

Discus and support Pc black screening when I open applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; last night I logged on to play on my pc, I noticed that the game I was playing had no audio. So I tabbed out and clicked on the audio icon which had a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ech0-4-6, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Ech0-4-6 Win User

Pc black screening when I open applications

last night I logged on to play on my pc, I noticed that the game I was playing had no audio. So I tabbed out and clicked on the audio icon which had a red x on it. It recommended that I update the audio driver. I allowed it to update and it went black screen until this morning when I turned the computer on and tried to play again, now the computer will black screen if any window opens that changes the screen size or graphics settings. I’ve tried numerous videos on this and none have worked. Please help me fix this before I give this pc new windows with my shotgun

:)

Ech0-4-6, Jul 11, 2021

2. black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Rose Cal Win User

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Pc black screening when I open applications - Similar Threads - black screening open

2. Windows explorer and applications turns black when opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer and applications turns black when opened: Hello expert,I'm facing an annoying problem with windows 11 on my new custom build PC.When I use file exporer or open an application e.g Adobe PDF reader sometimes the windows turns black.Following an example with a print order. If i move the cursor then the black turns...
  3. Fixing a black screen when switching applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing a black screen when switching applications: Ok so I have a problem where I'll start a game, like fortnite, rocket league, or valorant, and when I want to switch to spotify or discord, it'll give me a black screen for like 3 seconds. Then when I go back into the game it'll give me another black screen. Btw, this started...
  4. Fixing a black screen when switching applications

Fixing a black screen when switching applications: Ok so I have a problem where I'll start a game, like fortnite, rocket league, or valorant, and when I want to switch to spotify or discord, it'll give me a black screen for like 3 seconds. Then when I go back into the game it'll give me another black screen. Btw, this started...
  5. Fixing a black screen when switching applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. PC Crashes when Opening Applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes when Opening Applications: This is a complicated one. Here's the short version. Any time I attempt to open an application, my PC will crash. I have replaced my CPU cooler, both my SSD's, and done 2 clean installs of Windows 10 to no solution. I can get to the desktop, go through settings, explore my...
  7. PC Crashes when Opening Applications

PC Crashes when Opening Applications: This is a complicated one. Here's the short version. Any time I attempt to open an application, my PC will crash. I have replaced my CPU cooler, both my SSD's, and done 2 clean installs of Windows 10 to no solution. I can get to the desktop, go through settings, explore my...
  8. PC Crashes when Opening Applications

9. Black screen when opening a program

Black screen when opening a program: so this problem started recently, unfortunately i don't know what caused it. when i open an application for example epic games launcher the launcher wasn't responding and the screen would go black. then i would need to wait or force it to shut down to access my desktop again....
  10. Black screen when opening Wordpad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen when opening Wordpad: Hello, every time I open WordPad or LibreOffice any program of the product family my Windows 10 completely crashes with a black screen and needs manual power down by hard killing the system by pressing the power button for an extended amount of time. The crash occurs as...