Windows 10: PC Black screening whilst gaming.

Discus and support PC Black screening whilst gaming. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, for the last week or two my PC has been going to black screen every single time I try and play a game of League of Legends. The PC remains on,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ProperPK, Jul 22, 2021.

1. ProperPK Win User

PC Black screening whilst gaming.

Hello, for the last week or two my PC has been going to black screen every single time I try and play a game of League of Legends. The PC remains on, but I can't see or hear anything and am forced to use the power button.I have spent a week trying to troubleshoot this issue, I have run memory tests and scannows, I have installed a clean version of windows from the cloud, I have purchased a replacement headset as initially I thought it was driver issues.I'm at my wits end, I'm not hugely computer savvy and I would like to fix this as I can't really afford to buy a brand new computer.

:)

ProperPK, Jul 22, 2021

2. Unable to play video games on Windows 10, black screen after log-in screen

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the Windows 10 operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to play the video games (downloaded/ from website)?
    • If you are playing games from website which browser are you using?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message when the game crashes?
    • Are you able log-in to your computer?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display drivers.

As you see black screen while logging to the desktop, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about this issue, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 22, 2021
  3. black screen

Hi Ken,

Black screen usually occurs to a Windows device if the system detected that there are some damaged drivers. For us to provide an effective solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the hardware of the PC before this issue occurred?
    • Did you encounter any error messages or error codes along with the black screen?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps provided in this
    link. The link serves as a guide on how to address black screen issue.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 22, 2021
  4. PC Black screening whilst gaming.

Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

PC Black screening whilst gaming.

1. PC Black screening whilst gaming. - Similar Threads - Black screening whilst

2. My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on: My PC at random will begin to black screen and lose all sound during this, The black screen is always random and happens whenever. The PC will still remain on and the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button or unplug it. It doesn't create a minidump and when I...
  3. My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer black screens and loses all sound whilst the PC remains on: My PC at random will begin to black screen and lose all sound during this, The black screen is always random and happens whenever. The PC will still remain on and the only way to shut it down is to hold the power button or unplug it. It doesn't create a minidump and when I...
  4. BSOD Whilst Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Whilst Gaming: Hello,Since last month, my PC keeps blue screening on whilst I am playing games, specifically the game Rust. I will start the game and within a few minutes it will blue screen.It gives these 2 error codes:CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED,SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION.I have played multiple...
  5. Laptop crashing to black screen whilst gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashing to black screen whilst gaming: Hello, over the past 2 months of so, my laptop has began shutting down randomly when im playing games such as Overwatch or Civilization, games which are not too demanding. In the past I was able to play Elden Ring continuously without any issues so this is mildly recent....
  6. Laptop crashing to black screen whilst gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop crashing to black screen whilst gaming: Hello, over the past 2 months of so, my laptop has began shutting down randomly when im playing games such as Overwatch or Civilization, games which are not too demanding. In the past I was able to play Elden Ring continuously without any issues so this is mildly recent....
  7. Pc games black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc games black screen: I load my games like warzone then when I load on it goes to a black screen and then my keyboard turns off my pc doesn't my mouse doesn't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-games-black-screen/974ab46d-0ea1-4b4f-bfed-57e7678d3722
  8. Pc games black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc games black screen: I load my games like warzone then when I load on it goes to a black screen and then my keyboard turns off my pc doesn't my mouse doesn't https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-games-black-screen/974ab46d-0ea1-4b4f-bfed-57e7678d3722
  9. Random black screen whilst working?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random black screen whilst working?: Hi, I'm at my absolute wits end with this laptop. It's an MSI GS60 with a 4th or 5th gen i7 processor. It's old, but I'm broke so I can't replace it. I started having random blue screens when I was working, which was an absolute nightmare. This was from WDF_VIOLATION which...
  10. Red Screen crash whilst gaming.

in Windows 10 Support
    Red Screen crash whilst gaming.: *Doh Recently, in fact after an culmalative update by Microsoft, I started to get a red screen crash syndrome. Not come across this one before. Some times game will play for a while. Other times it comes about more quickly. My system works fine most of the time when not...