Windows 10: Pc blanking

Discus and support Pc blanking in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So my 1 month old custom built by me pc will run certain games without a hitch and it's fine and good, but after 2-15 minutes of certain games TF2,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Koen Vogt, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Koen Vogt Win User

Pc blanking

So my 1 month old custom built by me pc will run certain games without a hitch and it's fine and good, but after 2-15 minutes of certain games TF2, Fortnite, Apex Legends, CSGO, Realm Royale the computer either closes the game after showing a short black screen or shows a black screen and then disappears but I still have control of my character according to my friends and all audio remains regular after the black screen. I have swapped out both the psu and gpu but it continues to crash, I am desperate at this point for anything i could possibly try.

Everything is installed correctly as i had it checked over, but the only thing i can think of is if a capacitor is covered and overheats, on the topic of temps, it is fine overall, with the gpu reaching 70 degrees C and the cpu reaching 80 degrees C tops. I've run both Heaven, Prime95for 10 hours overnight, and cinebench with absolutely no problems.

I've checked and nothing is overclocked and is on factory settings in BIOS.

Because it made me completely reset windows one morning for no apparent reason.

For extra info:

Ryzen 5 3600 stock cooler

16 GB corsair vengeance 3600

Was an MSI 2060 OC but currently have an MSI rx 570 from a friend while i wait for my 2060 to be replaced

MSI B450-A Pro Max

Corsair 650 W fully modular had tried friend's 750 W EVGA

1Tb WD blue M.2 drive

Windows deactivated if it helps diagnose

Any response is helpful, thank you.

:)

Koen Vogt, Oct 6, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Blank Screen

Hi Virginia,

Conflicts with third-party software and outdated graphic drivers are common contributors to the black screen issue that you're having. To isolate the said issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages before getting a blank screen?
    • Are you experiencing this when using a particular app?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer settings prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this
    article
    which talks about the steps you can take to resolve blank screen errors.

We'll wait for your response and assist you accordingly.

Angela Pun, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Pc blanking

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Pc blanking

1. Pc blanking - Similar Threads - blanking

2. After update KB5036893 taskbar is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After update KB5036893 taskbar is blank: April 13 KB5036893 installed and upon restart the taskbar was blank. I was able to use rstrui to restrore a previous system. But, concerned for future updates I contacted Microsoft and a technician took over my computer and one thing he did was update the BIOS I have an HP...
  3. After update KB5036893 taskbar is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After update KB5036893 taskbar is blank: April 13 KB5036893 installed and upon restart the taskbar was blank. I was able to use rstrui to restrore a previous system. But, concerned for future updates I contacted Microsoft and a technician took over my computer and one thing he did was update the BIOS I have an HP...
  4. OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in: I have tried reseting Onedrive, uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting everything in the credentials manager, and even deleting the entry in the registry. No matter what I do, I run into this issue when trying to sign into Onedrive on my Windows 10 PC. I can still log in...
  5. OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in: I have tried reseting Onedrive, uninstalling and reinstalling, deleting everything in the credentials manager, and even deleting the entry in the registry. No matter what I do, I run into this issue when trying to sign into Onedrive on my Windows 10 PC. I can still log in...
  6. OneDrive stuck on blank screen for days, won't sign in

7. Screen blank but system and services are fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blank but system and services are fine: I've got a Windows 11 Pro system running at a remote location that I use with Teamviewer. This recent time, the system was up for 4 days and then all of the sudden I couldn't use Teamviewer with it. The screen was black and no cursor. I went to the local...
  8. Screen blank but system and services are fine

Screen blank but system and services are fine: I've got a Windows 11 Pro system running at a remote location that I use with Teamviewer. This recent time, the system was up for 4 days and then all of the sudden I couldn't use Teamviewer with it. The screen was black and no cursor. I went to the local...
  9. Screen blank but Services Running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen blank but Services Running: I've got a Windows 11 Pro system running at a remote location that I use with Teamviewer. This recent time, the system was up for 4 days and then all of the sudden I couldn't use Teamviewer with it. The screen was black and no cursor.I went to the local keyboard/mouse/monitor...
  10. Screen blank but Services Running

Screen blank but Services Running: I've got a Windows 11 Pro system running at a remote location that I use with Teamviewer. This recent time, the system was up for 4 days and then all of the sudden I couldn't use Teamviewer with it. The screen was black and no cursor.I went to the local keyboard/mouse/monitor...