Windows 10: PC blue screens when turning off another device on the wall

Discus and support PC blue screens when turning off another device on the wall in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [IMG]Recently I've had a weird issue where I have switched off my lamp on the wall (connected to the same 2 plug socket as my PC), and my PC has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by c9ham, Aug 18, 2018.

1. c9ham Win User

PC blue screens when turning off another device on the wall

PC blue screens when turning off another device on the wall [​IMG]Recently I've had a weird issue where I have switched off my lamp on the wall (connected to the same 2 plug socket as my PC), and my PC has simultaneously blue screened. I have a 2 plug socket - one of which has a 4 plug extender. The extender has 3 devices attached including my lamp, whereas my PC is connected, alone, to the second socket.

This happens about once a week and I have tried moving the plugs around as well as moving the lamp plug from the extender to the single socket.

I've not had any luck in finding a similar issue so any help would be appreciated.

My event property log from the most recent blue screen is as follows, and I have attached a screenshot which shows the previous blue screens:

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 19/08/2018 00:54:03
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)
    Level: Critical
    Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: DESKTOP-1H0L8G6
    Description:
    The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
    <EventID>41</EventID>
    <Version>6</Version>
    <Level>1</Level>
    <Task>63</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-08-18T23:54:03.843123600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>7833</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-1H0L8G6</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="BugcheckCode">126</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0xffffffffc0000005</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0xfffff80177a17047</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0xfffff50164bb8028</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0xfffff50164bb7870</Data>
    <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
    <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
    <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
    <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
    <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">2</Data>
    <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
    <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
    <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers,

Lewis

:)

c9ham, Aug 18, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 18, 2018
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Aug 18, 2018
  4. PC blue screens when turning off another device on the wall

Computer Freezes Then Blue Screen

Hello,

A stop error (also called a "blue screen" error) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. These errors can be caused by both hardware and software issues.

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your device?

Meanwhile, we suggest performing the steps on this article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

PC blue screens when turning off another device on the wall

1. PC blue screens when turning off another device on the wall - Similar Threads - blue screens turning

2. Pc turns on when in hibernation and blue screens after

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc turns on when in hibernation and blue screens after: Hi,When I put my pc into hibernation, it sometimes turns on on its own and bluescreens after. It's a fairly clean install of windows 10.Specs: AMD phenom xII 955undervolted for cooling purposesAMD r9 270xGigabyte mobo PCIe GbE Ethernet adapterone old and one newIt started...
  3. windows keeps turning screen off when connecting another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps turning screen off when connecting another: i currently have 4 screens connected and whe i connect a 5th screen windows turns one of the 4 other screens off.when i go to display settings my pc has detected al 5 screens and when i put all screens to extend display it keeps turning 1 random screen offdo you have any idea...
  4. windows keeps turning screen off when connecting another

windows keeps turning screen off when connecting another: i currently have 4 screens connected and whe i connect a 5th screen windows turns one of the 4 other screens off.when i go to display settings my pc has detected al 5 screens and when i put all screens to extend display it keeps turning 1 random screen offdo you have any idea...
  5. Blue screen instead of wall paper.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Blue screen instead of wall paper.: So i log into my pc and stuff and its normal, but when i left click and drag it turns my wall paper blue. I checked for corrupeted files and there was some but they were fixed. Idk if its a graphics thing but even when i do win + shift + control + b it just stays the same....
  6. Blue screen instead of wall paper.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen instead of wall paper.: So i log into my pc and stuff and its normal, but when i left click and drag it turns my wall paper blue. I checked for corrupeted files and there was some but they were fixed. Idk if its a graphics thing but even when i do win + shift + control + b it just stays the same....
  7. Blue screen instead of wall paper.

8. pc blue screens when monitor turns off and on in middle of game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc blue screens when monitor turns off and on in middle of game: minidump - https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlWXltwrYeL6lG9BonI9guSegTU5?e=6pvt7n https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-blue-screens-when-monitor-turns-off-and-on-in/007cf767-a46c-4324-96b6-adca2162bd14
  9. Can't turn off my computers fire wall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't turn off my computers fire wall: When I was downloading a file it said that a virus was detected and I couldn't download the file on chrome despite this i still wanted to download the file as I knew the risks however when i went to turn off my real - time protection settings I was meet with the message you...
  10. pc randomly turns off without blue screen and restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pc randomly turns off without blue screen and restarts: My rig: CPU Ryzen 2600 OC @4.1GHz VGA GTX 1080 Ti Ram Corsair OC @3200 MHz 16 GB SSD Galax 240 GB HDD1 segate 2 TB HDD2 WD 2 TB SSHD segate 2 TB PSU Seasonic M12ll 750 bronze Case Cooler Master CM 690 III Firstly, I try to fully load my system (Stress test for GPU and...