Windows 10: PC bluescreened, now whenever I boot up my computer it rolls back to before the crash.

Discus and support PC bluescreened, now whenever I boot up my computer it rolls back to before the crash. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having issues with my graphics card for a while and a couple days ago my computer bluescreened because of it. Now whenever I turn on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BurntBacon, Jun 11, 2020.

1. PC bluescreened, now whenever I boot up my computer it rolls back to before the crash.

I've been having issues with my graphics card for a while and a couple days ago my computer bluescreened because of it. Now whenever I turn on my computer it rolls back to a little before the crash happened. I can't find any solution to this online or even any mention of it, I can't even reset my computer because whenever I try I'm greeted with an error.

:)

BurntBacon, Jun 11, 2020

2. Constant bluescreens - still not fixed

I don't think you understood my issue - my bluescreens are random, so I can't do a clean boot and provoke a bluescreen. I am not sure what the steps you suggested have anything to do with my problem and it is not clear how it will help. The PC does boot
    up normally, it just crashes randomly during the day.

I am pretty sure the issue is related to a driver that could be incompatible with Win 10. Please check the older threads to further understand the issue.

Thank you.

Sofia C. Rocha, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Bluescreens with new PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with BSOD on your PC. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below:

1. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?
    3. When do you receive the BSOD?
    4. What is the make and model of the PC?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

Based on the dump files shared by you, the file fltmgr.sys is causing the crashes. I would suggest you to follow the suggestions mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Try booting the PC in Safe Mode and see if the PC crashes. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

In case the PC is not crashing in Safe Mode then try booting the PC in Clean Boot and see if everything works fine. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer.
    However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

If the PC doesn’t crash after performing Clean Boot, then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to identify the root cause of the issue.

Note: Please refer the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting

Method 2:

Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool to check for RAM issues.

1. Press Windows + S keys together to open
      Search.
    2. Now type Memory and click on
      Windows Memory Diagnostic
    3. Click on Restart now and check for problems.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions

Method 3:

Run Check Disk to check for Hard Disk errors.

1. Press Windows +
      S
      key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit
      Enter
      :

chkdsk/f C:
    5. Restart

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jun 11, 2020
  4. PC bluescreened, now whenever I boot up my computer it rolls back to before the crash.

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

PC bluescreened, now whenever I boot up my computer it rolls back to before the crash.

1. PC bluescreened, now whenever I boot up my computer it rolls back to before the crash. - Similar Threads - bluescreened whenever boot

2. [WIN 11] My computer keeps bluescreening and crashing whenever playing games and every now...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [WIN 11] My computer keeps bluescreening and crashing whenever playing games and every now...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0xffffe48e34cbc250, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8076c476dc8. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: c71c8309-e264-4355-af5f-a82ff0399543.I've try many CMD prompts to...
  3. [WIN 11] My computer keeps bluescreening and crashing whenever playing games and every now...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [WIN 11] My computer keeps bluescreening and crashing whenever playing games and every now...: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0xffffe48e34cbc250, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8076c476dc8. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: c71c8309-e264-4355-af5f-a82ff0399543.I've try many CMD prompts to...
  4. my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.: I have an image, hope it helps.I think it’s running version 1909 and also has windows 7 on itI just hope there’s a way to fix it without losing my data.I also have a windows xp desktop.edit I currently have it booted into windows 7 and I think I can use it to modify the files...
  5. my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.: I have an image, hope it helps.I think it’s running version 1909 and also has windows 7 on itI just hope there’s a way to fix it without losing my data.I also have a windows xp desktop.edit I currently have it booted into windows 7 and I think I can use it to modify the files...
  6. my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc bluescreened when I restarted it and now it won’t boot.: I have an image, hope it helps.I think it’s running version 1909 and also has windows 7 on itI just hope there’s a way to fix it without losing my data.I also have a windows xp desktop....
  7. Rolled back i7 pc to W10 and now DVD is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Rolled back i7 pc to W10 and now DVD is missing: I think the W11 or maybe another update is not letting my DVD's connect. They both have an exclamation mark in the device manager. I'm hoping there's a fix. The firmware is up to date and current drivers installed. The note in the driver info is that they both have errors in...
  8. Bluescreen during use, Windows now crashes before Startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluescreen during use, Windows now crashes before Startup: Dear All I'm quite puzzled and don't know what to do now. My self-built gaming PC was working fine multiple months, but after closing a game in Steam and returning to the desktop yesterday, I got a Bluescreen with CRITICAL PROCESS DIED. Now, the PC won't even start. It is not...
  9. My Windows keep crashing before booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Windows keep crashing before booting up: I recently tried to turn off BitLocker on my drives and in the process 42.8% my laptop froze and I couldn't move anything even the curser, so I forced restart my laptop by holding down power button. But before it even reaches the desktop, I was presented with a screen that...
  10. computer roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    computer roll back: How do I roll back my computer to an earlier date. I have windows 10. But seem to have lost some of my files. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-roll-back/8e89f3be-4fe7-4444-b5ac-54543c92e575