Windows 10: PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb

Discus and support PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently built a new computer and have been getting lots of random bluescreens. They were all memory errors, so I took one of the two sticks out and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamBeliles, Nov 24, 2019.

1. PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb

I recently built a new computer and have been getting lots of random bluescreens. They were all memory errors, so I took one of the two sticks out and the crashes stopped. I thought that maybe the stick I took out was faulty, so I switched them out to test it, but still, no problems.

They aren't incompatible with each other, either. I bought them together; they are both G.Skill Ripjaws V, 8gb each. I've also downloaded all available drivers for my CPU, GPU, and motherboard, and Windows is up to date.

Not really sure what else to do, any help is greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 8gb @1064Mhz

Motherboard: ASRock B450M Pro4

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060

Storage: 1tb Western Digital

:)

SamBeliles, Nov 24, 2019
  2. PaulPChou Win User

8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

hi,

I have read that 8GB ideal for most users. Devices with 16GB of ram is expensive.

PaulPChou, Nov 24, 2019
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

hi,

I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator.

PaulPChou, Nov 24, 2019
  4. ronkolda Win User

PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb

Upgrading RAM to 12GB or 16GB?

Hi everyone:

I have this machine:

Intel DB75EN...........it has 8GB of DDR3 RAM..... it's an older i5-2400 at 3ghz.

I acidentally (nice) discovered there's still a chance to improve RAM...I can't buy or afford a newer PC.

Amazon has Crucial DDR3 and they fit my machine in the specs checker they have.

I recently added an Crucial SSD and have Windows 10 installed there. It boots better and folders open faster than the HDD.

However, apps aren't faster at all. Just Windows.

The machine has 2 sticks of 4GB installed which make the 8GB. Going from 8GB to 12GB........will it make a difference?

Or it's better to go to 16GB?.

If I could I would to go to 32GB.......the machine specs says it supports up to 32GB RAM (however I can't afford it), since they're DDR3, they are older and are NOT cheap. I can only afford up to 16GB.

Should I make the effort to get 16GB or will 12GB be good?

Thanks so much for your suggestions.

ronkolda, Nov 24, 2019
Thema:

PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb

1. PC bluescreens with 16gb of ram, but not with 8gb - Similar Threads - bluescreens 16gb ram

2. My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My RAM is capped by 50%. From 16gb to 8gb: Dear Microsoft,Recently I have realized some apps on my laptop works slow, so I checked from the task manager to see the problem. In the Performance menu it showed only 8GB of ram, while my laptop has 16gb of ram.I have also tried this technique1. Run see below:...
  3. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  4. I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have 16gb ram, but only 8gb is available?: I have an omen 17 laptop from 2019 I believe with 16gb ram and since I upgraded to windows 11 my task manager is only showing that I have 8 gb of ram. the problem seems to come and go randomly....
  5. Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Only Accessing 8gb of 16gb RAM?: TL;DR: I have a full 16gb RAM installed, but Windows only ever seems to use 8gb of it. Why? I've filled up all 4 DIMMs with some memory - 4gb per. Windows 10 identifies all 16gb in Task Manager, but only ever "uses" 8gb of it - never a single byte more. This is despite me...
  6. Windows showing 8GB of Ram when 16GB is installed.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows showing 8GB of Ram when 16GB is installed.: Hi, I have an HP Pavillion x360 laptop which had 16GB of ram. Recently I completely wiped all my files and setting from windows because it was starting to get quite slow and all the files in it were not important. After the wipe, windows showed only 8GB of ram when there...
  7. 8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?

8gb out of 16gb of my ram is Usable?: So For the Past 2 days I've been trying to fix my computer ever since I got a new Processor for Christmas. I've tried every solution and nothing has worked. Please help 1.Set VM to 0 in Boot Settings 2. Reduced VM in Performance settings 3.Checked my ram physically and...
  8. 16GB RAM, only 8GB usable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    16GB RAM, only 8GB usable: [ATTACH] I'm new to these PC things so I'm sorry for the dumb question. I just got a gaming PC as a gift for christmas, and I checked everything (updates, etc.) and it seems everything was fine, until I checked the RAM, it says 16GB installed but only 7.95 GB usable, it...
  9. 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?

8GB of ram or 16GB of ram in Win. 10?: hi, I am in Taiwan and might buy a new laptop. For Windows 10, 8GB of ram or 16GB of ram good? I plan to install Photoshop and Illustrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/8gb-of-ram-or-16gb-of-ram-in-win-10/e3bac01e-ee6e-4a67-96a2-a72e245aa3c1
  10. BSOD with 16Gb ram but not with 8Gb different codes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with 16Gb ram but not with 8Gb different codes: Hello ! Sorry for my english, i'm french. I post here because i think this is the only forum can help me... My situation : I have a configuration with 16Gb of RAM but I have some BSOD with 16Gb when i play games or when i watch videos on netflix or youtube or simply when i...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc blackscreen on 16gb ram