Windows 10: PC boot loop after reboot

Discus and support PC boot loop after reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, the PC boot logo spun for a few seconds,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SaraRice1, May 11, 2021.

1. SaraRice1 Win User

PC boot loop after reboot

I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, the PC boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

SaraRice1, May 11, 2021
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, May 11, 2021
  3. Reboot loop on cold boots in the morning.

I mean possibly a bad write of the first bios. What happens in the dual bios is if the first bios fails to load, it cycles like 3-5 times trying to boot said bios chip. When it fails to load that correctly, the second chip automatically kicks in and you can boot.

I suggest trying a flash to the latest bios using a thumbdrive formated in fat32 with the bios file on it. reboot the PC and hit the Home key to get into the flash utility, then search for the bios and load it.

sneekypeet, May 11, 2021
  4. Geethu B Win User

Windows 10 Reboot Loop

Hi Arun,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your computer is in reboot loop after installing Windows Updates.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between third party applications.

2. Conflict between external devices.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to unplug all the external devices except mouse and keyboard and check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe Mode and check if the issue occurs. If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to refer the article to boot to Safe Mode and check if it helps.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Step 2:

If the issue do not occur in Safe Mode, perform a clean boot and check. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Warning: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the
    provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 11, 2021
Thema:

1. PC boot loop after reboot - Similar Threads - boot loop reboot

2. PC Stuck in Reboot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Stuck in Reboot Loop: I installed some routine system updates earlier today and now my PC appears to be stuck in a reboot loop. It has been restarting consistent for over an hour. The start screen loads and says ASUS and that updates are installing and then restarts over and over.I've looked...
  3. My laptop boot loop after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop boot loop after reboot: Hi, I was trying to restart my laptop and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, my laptop's boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same thing. I just bought a new m.2 drive for my laptop. My laptop is an Asus....
  4. My laptop boot loop after reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop boot loop after reboot: Hi, I was trying to restart my laptop and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, my laptop's boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same thing. I just bought a new m.2 drive for my laptop. My laptop is an Asus....
  5. My laptop boot loop after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. PC boot loop after reboot

PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that the PC boot logo spun for a few minutes, froze and then rebooted and did the same thing and you don't want to get out of that boot cycle.Any help would be appreciated....
  7. PC boot loop after reboot

PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, the PC boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. PC Boot Loop after reset

PC Boot Loop after reset: I was trying to reset my pc and it reset and was doing its disc check for the boot drive. After that, the pc boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze then restarted, and did the same thing. All night I was trying to install windows via USB and it read it and went to the...
  9. Boot Loop after Reset PC

Boot Loop after Reset PC: My laptop, a Microsoft Surface Laptop 3 bought in March 2020, is stuck in a boot loop where the Microsoft logo appears, followed by the loading spinning dots, then it cuts to black and the entire process repeats. All I did was reset my pc and it went smoothly until after...
  10. PC Stuck in reboot loop

PC Stuck in reboot loop: I selected the reset my pc using the reset pc option on windows 10 and i said it to remove everything including my personal files... Everything went on smoothly an option called american megatrend appeared and i pressed escape n then it suddenly shut down... Didn't restart...