Windows 10: Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS

Discus and support Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hey i Recently tried changing boot mode in BIOS to Enable secure mode after previously Disabling it because a game launcher asked me to, straight after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ace Bt, Jul 24, 2023.

1. Ace Bt Win User

Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS

Hey i Recently tried changing boot mode in BIOS to Enable secure mode after previously Disabling it because a game launcher asked me to, straight after my computer started boot looping, i tried taking out the CMOS that didn't help, BIOS doesn't seem to be accessible, i even tried the force shut off 3 times but that did nothing the pc was restarting too quick for that, i am sure this isnt a hardware issue as it happened right after i went into bios and clicked save and exit, please leave any helpful feedback.Ps: i also recently upgraded to windows 11

:)

Ace Bt, Jul 24, 2023
  2. Remon Ont Win User

BIOS stuck in a loop.

Hello,

We would like to ask some additional information to better isolate the issue:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried to boot in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check the solutions provided on the links below:

BIOS-loop

Stuck-in-BIOS-loop

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Jul 24, 2023
  3. Busda Win User
    Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

I am having issue upgrading to windows 11

I was able to correct my PC's TPM 2.0 issue,

But, when I did the secure boot option enabled. My PC won't load my windows, it just keeps looping back to my BIOS.

I don't know what to do. And I don't have the extra money to pay for an expert to help me.

Busda, Jul 24, 2023
  4. grumby Win User

Unable to enable Secure Boot as UEFI BIOS is running in Legacy mode

I have Windows 10 Insider preview installed on a custom built PC with an ASUS M5A99X Evo R2.0 UEFI motherboard. The motherboard carries the Windows 8 ready logo, meaning it supports Secure Boot and has a UEFI BIOS.

When I installed Windows 10, I did not realise that the motherboard was actually running in Legacy Mode by default out of the box for the on-board devices i.e. the HDD, DVD USB are all running as traditional BIOS devices and not UEFI BIOS. Windows shows
    that the BIOS is running in Legacy Mode and that Secure Boot is not supported.

If I go into the BIOS settings, I can see that the Secure Boot option
    IS
    enabled, but Windows still shows that it is not supported. I tried changing the Boot devices to prioritise UEFI drivers first and reinstalled Windows (as a clean install is required if you want to enable Secure Boot), however Secure Boot was still
    not enabled and Windows still it shows as the BIOS as running in Legacy mode. I then tried switching off Compatibility mode within the BIOS settings, however after doing this no boot devices were detected, so I could not attempt to install Windows 10 again,
    either from USB or DVD.

Switching the compatibility mode back on allowed me to boot back into Windows.

I cannot find a way of turning off Compatibility Mode in the BIOS and still having boot devices available to install Windows from.

I have tried everything I can think of to get this working, but without success. I would like to have Secure Boot enabled as it is a important security measure and the reason why I purchased the motherboard I did when building my PC.

Please do not copy and paste replies asking me to disable my antivirus etc. or check for malware, then mark my question as Answered, as the Microsoft "helper" bots normally do!

Thanks!

grumby, Jul 24, 2023
Thema:

1. Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS - Similar Threads - boot loop cant

2. Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc boot loop cant access BIOS after changing boot mode to secure in BIOS: Hey i Recently tried changing boot mode in BIOS to Enable secure mode after previously Disabling it because a game launcher asked me to, straight after my computer started boot looping, i tried taking out the CMOS that didn't help, BIOS doesn't seem to be accessible, i even...
  3. Pc stuck in boot loop after bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc stuck in boot loop after bios: Hello, i recently got new ram for christmas and installed it, everything was fine, untill i enabled xmp, then windows would boot and i always got into the advanced settings tab, after then resetting my windows, everything was fine again, installed the latest drivers, all my...
  4. Pc stuck in boot loop after bios

Pc stuck in boot loop after bios: Hello, i recently got new ram for christmas and installed it, everything was fine, untill i enabled xmp, then windows would boot and i always got into the advanced settings tab, after then resetting my windows, everything was fine again, installed the latest drivers, all my...
  5. Pc stuck in boot loop after bios

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS: I am having issue upgrading to windows 11I was able to correct my PC's TPM 2.0 issue,But, when I did the secure boot option enabled. My PC won't load my windows, it just keeps looping back to my BIOS.I don't know what to do. And I don't have the extra money to pay for an...
  7. Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS: I am having issue upgrading to windows 11I was able to correct my PC's TPM 2.0 issue,But, when I did the secure boot option enabled. My PC won't load my windows, it just keeps looping back to my BIOS.I don't know what to do. And I don't have the extra money to pay for an...
  8. Secure Boot cause me to loop to BIOS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Bios boot loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bios boot loop: When trying to restart my computer after installing the newest updates, my monitors turned black. When this happened I tried turning it back on figuring it was done updating, but then I turned it off. When I turned it back on I was in uefi bios utility mode. Now whenever I...
  10. Infinite boot loop, can't access BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infinite boot loop, can't access BIOS: Basically, after a failed overclock due to my stupidity unstable overclock due to low voltage has led me to an infinite boot loop, when I start my computer up, it freezes on an automatic repair screen, bios is inaccesible during it, even when it doesn't freeze. Also, when...