Windows 10: PC boot time suddenly increases

Discus and support PC boot time suddenly increases in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; So after years of using a HDD as a boot drive I finally upgraded to an SSD and used it fully as a boot drive and the boot time was like 5 seconds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by imkvinayan, May 9, 2020.

1. PC boot time suddenly increases

So after years of using a HDD as a boot drive I finally upgraded to an SSD and used it fully as a boot drive and the boot time was like 5 seconds.

However recently it became more than 20 seconds out of the blue. I at first thought it was because of a new PCI-E WiFi card I recently installed and I removed it and still it's 20 secs. Then I thought maybe my Ubuntu installation on the HDD caused it so I unplugged the HDD and still 20 secs.

I have no idea what's causing it and help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW I am on the latest build of 1909, 18363.815

:)

imkvinayan, May 9, 2020

2. FAST boot time increased by 6 seconds

Hi Timothy,

Welcome to Microsoft community.

To disable the Windows splash screen that shows the process of Windows loading as it is starting follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type msconfig and press enter.
    • Click the Boot tab.
    • In the Boot tab check the "No GUI boot" option.
    • Click Ok and the next time Windows starts the loading Windows splash screen should not appear.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 9, 2020
  3. PC won't boot up suddenly

I was hoping that by now someone on this forum could recommend some steps i can take to repair my desktop pc. I outlined the problem and steps i have taken so far. I still havent found the reason for the problem or figured out a solution. I guess no one can offer me any additional suggestions to help. Thanks anyway.

bearcatjer, May 9, 2020
  4. PC boot time suddenly increases

Increased boot up time

my boot up time has increased gradually as i have installed software's on my windows pc,if i uninstall the unimportant ones(games,video editing,etc.) will it resort back to approximately the same speed?

i have closed all the unnecessary startup items,regularly clean my trash and haven't installed any pirated or malicious software and have a clean pc (no viruses,malware or filled hardrives) .

NEED HELP MA PEEPS!!!!!

AngryNUt:((, May 9, 2020
Thema:

PC boot time suddenly increases

1. PC boot time suddenly increases - Similar Threads - boot suddenly increases

2. Increase in Booting time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Increase in Booting time: Hi,I am a windows 11 user and recently i downloaded some softwares like epic games , plarium playa game , started to download hitman starter pack from XBOX but stopped it in between , Grand RP..just after downloading all these and setting up i deleted them all completely for...
  3. Increase in Booting time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Increase in Booting time: Hi,I am a windows 11 user and recently i downloaded some softwares like epic games , plarium playa game , started to download hitman starter pack from XBOX but stopped it in between , Grand RP..just after downloading all these and setting up i deleted them all completely for...
  4. Suddenly slow boot time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suddenly slow boot time: Hi everyone, first post noob here.I removed Ubuntu from my laptop about a month ago. All traces are gone from BIOS.It used to take 10 seconds from pressing the power button to the login screen before dual boot, and with dual boot, but now it takes over a minute. My BIOS start...
  5. Diagnosing increased boot times?

Diagnosing increased boot times?: What are the best methods for diagnosing increased boot times? I have an Asus Vivobook laptop purchased new in January; boot times when new were about 10-15 seconds from power on to the lock screen. However, this has now increased to 40 seconds.I have tried the following: -...
  6. Windows 10 Boot Times Increasing On Every Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Boot Times Increasing On Every Boot: For the last few months, Windows 10 has been taking an incrementally long time to boot to the Windows loader every time I boot from a full hybernation or shutdown that was performed several hours prior. And I do mean incrementally long. The time it takes for the Dell splash...
  7. Increased boot up time

Increased boot up time: my boot up time has increased gradually as i have installed software's on my windows pc,if i uninstall the unimportant ones(games,video editing,etc.) will it resort back to approximately the same speed? i have closed all the unnecessary startup items,regularly clean my...
  8. Boot time increase

Boot time increase: Hey guys, a few days ago I had to use my gigabyte's backup bios due to corruption, and now my pc takes upto a minute to boot instead of about 10-15 seconds. (stays on gigabyte screen till boot). Any ideas? 55114
  9. Boot time significantly Increased

Boot time significantly Increased: Hello Guy and Gals , My system used to boot up Quite Fast ( almost instantly SSD Drive C ), i added a hard drive and noticed a significant increase in my boot up time , the drive i added , i decided that i would not use it ( Not Big Enough ), so i removed it, I then...
  10. Sudden increase in shutdown time

Sudden increase in shutdown time: Hey all!! Newbie here, first post, please bear with me *Smile I´ve got a PC with i7-3770 K, 32 GB of RAM and SSD hard disk and Windows 10 Pro Before, when I turned off the PC, the shutdown was pretty much instantly Now, Windows closes down instantly, but then stays on...