Windows 10: Pc boot up increased to 2 min 53 sec after May update...

Discus and support Pc boot up increased to 2 min 53 sec after May update... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installation of May update went ok with no problems...however pc boot up time went from 43 seconds to 2 minutes 53 seconds now...what is causing this.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by treblefree, May 23, 2019.

1. Pc boot up increased to 2 min 53 sec after May update...

Installation of May update went ok with no problems...however pc boot up time went from 43 seconds to 2 minutes 53 seconds now...what is causing this.I have only 4 start up programs in taskbar apart from standard items ie clock,internet security, network connection etc.

I use Glarys Utilities and noticed at 153 background services are enabled ..majority are Windows services...can some of be disabled...but which ones ?...are all needed for Windows operating system ?

Searched the internet but could not find a suitable answers...or a program that can disable ones that are not needed but keep essential ones.

I have Windows.old folder..are there duplicate services still being used there ?

:)

treblefree, May 23, 2019
  2. LaJsOoOn Win User

2 min to boot after update

Before updating to spring creators update I booted in to windows on maybe 10 sec now I need to wait 2 minutes to boot.

My windows is installed on an SSD drive my overall performens stays the same as before updating. Are there any tools that can help with this problem or do I need to reinstall windows?

Thanks for all the answers.

LaJsOoOn, May 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 update 2 slow boot two pc

I have that problem too, my PC used to boot in 15 secs now boot in 1 min i really hate that, the boot screen appears twice and last more than the original, all after the update., i change and analyze what i could in my system bios and everything seems to
    be ok.

Before:

Logo motherboard

UEFI loader

Windows lock screen

AVG: 15 sec

After

Logo Motherboard

UEFI loader

Black screen

UEFI Loader

"wait a moment" windows screen

Windows lock screen

AVG: 1MIN

i really hate this

GuevaraStrings, May 23, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Pc boot up increased to 2 min 53 sec after May update...

ERROR 53 message

Hello,

Run-time Error 53 indicates that there is a missing Windows component. A program you're trying to use will display that error message if the program is attempting to use a dynamic link library, or DLL, file that has been deleted or was never installed properly.

We would like to know some information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you try to run
    System File Checker
    . It will scan for corrupted files and restore it.

If that didn't work, we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the app.

Hope it helps. Let us know how it goes.

Remon Ont, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Pc boot up increased to 2 min 53 sec after May update...

1. Pc boot up increased to 2 min 53 sec after May update... - Similar Threads - boot increased min

2. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Boot time increased after update: My Windows boot time increased after update from few seconds to minutes. I dual boot Ubuntu on my SSD and Windows on my NVMe, both Samsung. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-time-increased-after-update/c139dc5e-c780-440d-b399-571b5604882c
  3. Windows Boot time increased after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Boot time increased after update: My Windows boot time increased after update from few seconds to minutes. I dual boot Ubuntu on my SSD and Windows on my NVMe, both Samsung. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-boot-time-increased-after-update/c139dc5e-c780-440d-b399-571b5604882c
  4. Increased boot time after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increased boot time after windows update: Recently i upgrdaded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro edition on my lenovo legion y540 laptop which is a high end pc and has only been used for less than a year. Prior to update, the boot time was very less. But now there is a loading icon under legion symbol which goes...
  5. The Boot time significantly increased from 5 to 30 sec

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Boot time significantly increased from 5 to 30 sec: Hey there, So my laptop (Acer Swift 3 SF315-52-87R5) had a charging port issue I had sent it back to the manufacturer where they had replaced the motherboard after receiving the laptop everything works fine there is no issue with the laptop. I gave it fresh install of...
  6. Increased boot up time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Increased boot up time: my boot up time has increased gradually as i have installed software's on my windows pc,if i uninstall the unimportant ones(games,video editing,etc.) will it resort back to approximately the same speed? i have closed all the unnecessary startup items,regularly clean my...
  7. PC not booting up after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC not booting up after update: Got promoted for a update last night so i chose upgrade and shutdown now this morning computer will not boot up no logo nothing tried a couple of hard resets but nothing mouse keyboard dead no hard drive light. Any ideas before I throw it...
  8. starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins: pretty much the title. My PC used to take 30 secs to start and now it takes at least 2 mins (i actually timed it), most of this time is spent on the windows logo loading screen. it's been 2 months. last thing i remember doing was installing Samsung SSD Magician and...
  9. starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins

in Windows 10 Support
    starting my PC used to take 30 secs, now it takes at least 2 mins: pretty much the title. My PC used to take 30 secs to start and now it takes at least 2 mins (i actually timed it), most of this time is spent on the windows logo loading screen. it's been 2 months. last thing i remember doing was installing Samsung SSD Magician and...
  10. Windows 10 boot time 2 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 boot time 2 mins: it take 2 mins for the laptop too completely boot up what is wrong any help 18176