Windows 10: PC booting slow and running very slow

Discus and support PC booting slow and running very slow in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC has been acting up pretty bad, it seems to have been a deterioration over time as it started rough and is just getting worse. It will take about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sellers1988ms, Nov 8, 2018.

1. PC booting slow and running very slow

My PC has been acting up pretty bad, it seems to have been a deterioration over time as it started rough and is just getting worse.

It will take about 10 minutes or so to boot, when i finally get in, even right clicking for the simple drop down menu has my mouse loading for a bit, or even opening folders and files, don't get me started on how long it takes to open up steam to play a game, i will also frequently have said files or folders constantly respond and then not respond, and then respond again. It is an Alienware x51 R2 with some upgraded components. I have...

EVGA GTX 1050Ti

12gb DDR3 Ram 1333mhz

Toshiba 1.0 TB HDD

i5 4440 3.10ghz CPU

Andromeda R2 Mobo

I have tried multiple things from running virus scans, malware scans, to clean boot and trying to cancel out certain services and startups. problem is i dont have anything BUT steam, malwarebytes and Geforce experience on this PC, i don't use it for anything else besides gaming. I don't even check email or surf the web on it. I have also tried a fresh install of windows 10 and still nothing, I have also tried an SFC, i checked my HDD for errors and it says nothing (i personally think the HDD is going old, but not sure) I have tried so many things and cant understand what is going on. I have also scanned for corrupt files and no problems were found there.

:)

Sellers1988ms, Nov 8, 2018

2. pc running slow

since the last windows 10 up date my pc is running slow and all games music etc has disappeared. my pc is also telling me it is logging me in with a temp pass word. any suggestions please

edwinmills, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Nov 9, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

PC booting slow and running very slow

PC slow and not responding

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you to run the System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check and see why your PC is running slow and unresponsive. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting. If you cant find the option, click View By and select Large Icons.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

You may also check on the article below for tips on how to improve your Windows 10 PC.

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

PC booting slow and running very slow

1. PC booting slow and running very slow - Similar Threads - booting slow running

2. My PC is running very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is running very slow.: I noticed that Windows hasn't updated. Upon inspection it shows, Updated failed, Your version of Windows has reached the end of service. A couple lines down it says "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 - Error 0xc1900223. I am assuming the PC has missed a couple...
  3. My PC is running very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC is running very slow.: I noticed that Windows hasn't updated. Upon inspection it shows, Updated failed, Your version of Windows has reached the end of service. A couple lines down it says "Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H2 - Error 0xc1900223. I am assuming the PC has missed a couple...
  4. My PC is running very slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Booting is very slow

Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  6. Booting is very slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting is very slow: Hello, My laptop taking around 6-7 minutes to boot. I have tried all possible fix like reinstall of Windows with both local install and cloud download , Disk cleanup and defragment, switching off superfetch, turned off hibernation, cleaning up registry editor. Nothing worked...
  7. My pc is running very slow

My pc is running very slow: My pc is running very slow which have windows 10 even i can open any application or files it's very slow processing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-running-very-slow/7fcb87b4-40a5-44fc-9568-36945b6ee0e1
  8. Boot is very slow

Boot is very slow: Hi I have a problem with my PC. I've recently updated my windows using windows settings.Everything is fine but my PC boots very slow after updating. I disabled apps with high impact in startup settings and I also reset my PC but nothing changed. I changed the boot...
  9. Very Slow to Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very Slow to Boot: Hi, since the latest upgrade to Windows 10 1803, my computer is taking approximately four to five times longer to boot, than before. Is this normal? 110711
  10. Very Slow Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very Slow Boot: Until yesterday (New Updates) i have Very Slow Boot and Installed Applications needs so much time to opens. I have Intel Core i5 4670K, SSD Samsung 840 EVO 250GB and 8 GB RAM. Yesterday Computer works normally until today. 9131