Windows 10: PC booting to Temp profile after an update

Discus and support PC booting to Temp profile after an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After the latest update all my files were moved to a temp file, I know longer have access to Outlook and everything that was in my task tray has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LindaBoggsOH, Aug 25, 2020.

1. PC booting to Temp profile after an update

After the latest update all my files were moved to a temp file, I know longer have access to Outlook and everything that was in my task tray has been removed. I have rebooted my PC several times over the last 4 days and tried several things on my own with no luck. I need some interactive help from your company to get me back to where I was before your update.

***Modified title from: Windows Update***

:)

LindaBoggsOH, Aug 25, 2020

2. Windows temp profile

Hi..

I am facing the problem of temp profile login. I followed few steps stated in the websites like removing .bak from your SID. but it doesn't work. Still my profile is logging in to temp profile.

Please do suggest some solution

Thanks

SivaSankaran1, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

PC booting to Temp profile after an update

Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the when you sign in to the computer, you are signed in to a temp profile. As you have mentioned that you are back to the regular profile however, unable to access a folder, please reply with the following details:

• What is the complete error message that you receive when you try to access the folder?
    • Which folder did you move and to which profile?

You can try searching for the folder or files inside the folder and see if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open File Explorer and press
      ctrl + F
      key together.
    2. Search for the folder with the name or the files inside the folder.
    3. You can also search for the file using the file extension adding the
      * sign as a prefix, like *.exe or *.jpeg
    You can also navigate to C:\Users and if you see a folder name starting with Temp, you can look for the file or folder inside the Temp folder.

If you find the folder or the file, you can copy the data.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

PC booting to Temp profile after an update

1. PC booting to Temp profile after an update - Similar Threads - booting Temp profile

2. Lost files after temp profile fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost files after temp profile fix: Hi, I just came across Windows 10 temp profile problem. When I was in the Temp profile, I can see that the files in my original profile are intact. And then I did the recommended fix by removing bak after the original profile SID in registry, after that I can login back my...
  3. Temp profile problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp profile problems: I have an hp envy. Keeps signing in with temp profile since yesterday. Tried safe mode and still cant get in w/o temp. Doesnt respond to keystrokes on laptop or standalone keyboard. Was there an update recently that I need to undo or rollback?...
  4. Temp profile problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp profile problems: I have an hp envy. Keeps signing in with temp profile since yesterday. Tried safe mode and still cant get in w/o temp. Doesnt respond to keystrokes on laptop or standalone keyboard. Was there an update recently that I need to undo or rollback?...
  5. Temp profile problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. temp profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    temp profile: when i sign on it takes me to a temp profile, how do i fix this , i tried rebooting , signing out , reg fix etc can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-profile/abf8b124-e1ec-4254-9750-cf30bfd75020
  7. Windows temp profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows temp profile: Hello guys so I just want help regarding my laptop. So what I did before recieving this error was I cut (yes ctrl+x) my profile folder into my hard drive. Now when I logged back in today i pasted my profile folder back to the users folder, yes I have my desktop icons back,...
  8. temp profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    temp profile: for the last couple of weeks every time I restart my pc and log in I get a different profile and it is temp. I can log longer use my original profile. I am using windows 10 and can't fine a user profile update or add etc. how can i fix this?...
  9. Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing folder after the PC logged in to Temp profile: so i did the new windows 10 update wouldnt log me in put me in a temp profile i wasnt really paying much attention so moved a important folder onto my desktop thinking i was now on the normal screen rebooted and woah and behold it put me in my regular profile now i can see...
  10. New Windows PC Temp Profile Issue

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New Windows PC Temp Profile Issue: I'm in a corate environment and one of my users had a Criticial Service Failed BSOD. We replaced the machine and upon signing in was prompted with the message "Windows can not sign into your account" and "You're using a Temporary profile". When going on the domain controller...