Windows 10: PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update

Discus and support PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I updated my PC a few days ago, and I had no problems with it. However, yesterday I booted my PC and when it opened the desktop it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by affcosta7, Nov 20, 2019.

1. affcosta7 Win User

PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update

Hello everyone,

I updated my PC a few days ago, and I had no problems with it.

However, yesterday I booted my PC and when it opened the desktop it shut down. I thought I had no battery on my PC so I put it charging.

I decided to boot the PC again and it shut down right after I entered my password.

Now, it shuts down a few seconds after I press the power ON button, I don't even have time to safe boot my PC.

Still yesterday, before I went to bed, it often started to boot itself and then it shut down. I wasn't touching it and it booted by its own!! It did that a few times until even I couldn't boot it. At least today, I can boot it again so it must mean it still works, I hope.

Most of the times, it shuts down one second after I press the ON button. Other times it appears the LENOVO logo and it shuts down immediately, leaving me no time to safe boot the PC.

Please help, I don't want to waste any money to a technician if I can fix it myself with your help.

Thank you in advance!

:)

affcosta7, Nov 20, 2019
  2. dhnj Win User

PC boots proceeds to the Windows logo and then the PC shuts down immediately.

Hi

I have a weird problem. When I start the PC the boot proceeds to the Windows logo and then the PC shuts down immediately.

When I start the PC the second time the boot proceeds to Windows 10 as normal.

I have not had this problem before. This
    weird problem started after the latest Windows 10 updates.

3. PC boots proceeds to the Windows logo and then the PC shuts down immediately.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows updates.

1. "When I start the PC the boot proceeds to the Windows logo and then the PC shuts down immediately.", any error message or error code?

2. What is the KB number of the installed cumulative update?

You may follow the below steps to find the KB number of the update.

1. Press "Windows" + "R", Type "appwiz.cpl" and press Enter.

2. Click on the “View installed updates” from the navigation pane.

You may follow the below methods and check.

Method 1: Unplug all external devices like flash drive, printer, scanner etc., (except mouse and keyboard) connected to the PC and restart the system to check if you face the same issue.

Method 2: If the issue still persist, I suggest you to run Startup repair from Advance boot option.

It may ask you to insert the Installation DVD/USB while doing startup repair.

If you don’t have an installation media, you have to create an installation media for that.

You may download an ISO from the below link:

Download Windows 10

Once your media is ready follow the steps.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 CD/ DVD or System Repair Disc, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and Keyboard type.

• Click on Repair your computer in the lower left corner.

• Select Troubleshoot from Choose an option screen.

• Click on Advanced options in Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Automatic Repair from Advanced Options screen.

• Next, choose the operating system by clicking on its button.

• Windows 10 will look for problems on hard drive(s) and verify that all required files are intact.
    Hope the information helps. Do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Nov 20, 2019
  4. PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update

PC shuts-down immediately when disconnected from power

It is extremely unlikely that this has anything to do with the update. You can easily find out like so:

• Boot into the BIOS setup mode. This mode is completely independent of Windows and is not affected by updates.
    • Pull the plug. You will find that the machine shuts down immediately.
    You probably need to replace the battery.

Frederik Long, Nov 20, 2019
Thema:

PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update

1. PC boots and immediately shuts down after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - boots immediately shuts

2. my windows 11 laptop shuts down immediately after successfully booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 11 laptop shuts down immediately after successfully booting: Whenever my battery is less than 90% and I shut down my laptop, then I power in back on again without it being plugged in, once the boot is successful, it shuts itself down and nothing works including the power button. I have to close the lid and open it again before the...
  3. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  4. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  5. PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.: Hi, I'm having a rather unusual issue with my laptop, its a Lenovo Ideapad 3 and I've had this machine for less than a year. The issue occurred last week, I lifted the lid of the laptop and normally it will leave sleep mode immediately and turn on the display, however it...
  6. PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.: Hi, I'm having a rather unusual issue with my laptop, its a Lenovo Ideapad 3 and I've had this machine for less than a year. The issue occurred last week, I lifted the lid of the laptop and normally it will leave sleep mode immediately and turn on the display, however it...
  7. Freshly build PC reboots-/shuts down immediately after booting into the bootalbe windows10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Freshly build PC reboots-/shuts down immediately after booting into the bootalbe windows10...: Hello,ive this weird problem my pc shutsdown when i try to install windows on it. its a fresh build ant the ssd have never been touched before.already tried to boot into another ssd where windows was already installed and it still reboots immediately when the windows logo is...
  8. Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 PC shuts down after boot: The Issue: - Self built PC of around 4.5 years old - Started happening yesterday evening - Parts list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/ The current status of the issue: it either turns off immediately after booting OR, it'll stay on for anywhere between 1-20 mins...
  9. Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down immediately after startup.: i have an ASUS ROG GL503GE i7 8th gen 16 GB RAM 256 GB SSD 1TB HDD So the problem is that my laptop shuts down like 5-10 mins after booting up . post shut down my laptop doesn't boot up , any attempt to power it back on would lead to the keyboard back light and the screen...
  10. Laptop won't boot after latest Windows update, shuts down immediately

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop won't boot after latest Windows update, shuts down immediately: Exactly as it says on the title. When I power it on, the GPU fans go full blast, it stays that way for a little while and shuts down automatically. There's no splash screens or anything either so I can't go into safe mode. Sometimes it shuts down almost immediately and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop boots and proceeds to the Windows 10 logo and then shuts down immediately