Windows 10: PC boots as mobile device after recent update

Discus and support PC boots as mobile device after recent update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've had this problem before and I don't know how it ultimately got resolved, but my PC is booting up as a mobile device, and it does not recognize my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by JOSHSKORN, Jan 6, 2016.

1. JOSHSKORN Win User

PC boots as mobile device after recent update

I've had this problem before and I don't know how it ultimately got resolved, but my PC is booting up as a mobile device, and it does not recognize my GTX 980 GPU. Next thing I know, my screen is absolutely huge. I've tried a clean install of the NVIDIA driver and also ran CCLEANER. No luck. My GTX 980 is listed in the device manager, and is said to be working properly, but I obviously beg to differ.

How can I fix this?

EDIT: I actually fixed it by resetting my CMOS. On my motherboard, there's a CLR CMOS button on the back. I really have no idea how this happened in the first place, but it seemed to have happened after an update.

:)

JOSHSKORN, Jan 6, 2016
  2. Chana S Win User

PC unable to boot after a recent Windows update.

I ended up having to wipe my computer and reinstall Windows 10 from an external drive because the OS wouldn't even load. I was stuck in the startup screens.

So ultimately that update sucked and totally fried my computer making me lose tones of data. And this website was no help at all.

The above comment did not help, I was trying to mark this comment as the answer.

Chana S, Jan 6, 2016
  3. PC unable to boot after a recent Windows update.

Hello Chana,

Thank you for writing to us with the results.

The second half of the question just says that after researching over internet you have discovered that the data was moved from C: to D:. Neither it says that you can login to desktop as you have mentioned "After restarting I get redirected to a troubleshooting
    menu".

I suggest you to provide us more information as to what are the troubleshooting steps you have performed and the results which you have observed. Also, let us know the facts which helped you to lead to the conclusion that the data was moved over to D:.

Please write to us for us to be able to assist you further.

thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

PC boots as mobile device after recent update

1. PC boots as mobile device after recent update - Similar Threads - boots mobile device

2. PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update: System: Asus Prime X570P Ryzen 3 MoBoRyzen 7 5700x CPURog Strix RTX 3080 Nvidia GPU2Tb Samsung M.232Gb Corsair Vengeance RAMCorsair RM850 PSUJust before I went to bed last night, I saw that windows needed an update. I thought nothing of it, clicked "Update and Shut Down" and...
  3. PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update: System: Asus Prime X570P Ryzen 3 MoBoRyzen 7 5700x CPURog Strix RTX 3080 Nvidia GPU2Tb Samsung M.232Gb Corsair Vengeance RAMCorsair RM850 PSUJust before I went to bed last night, I saw that windows needed an update. I thought nothing of it, clicked "Update and Shut Down" and...
  4. My device doesnt boot/wake/restart properly after recent update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My device doesnt boot/wake/restart properly after recent update: I ran startup repair and got this log in srTrail:Root cause found: --------------------------- Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\cipolicies\active\{<<<some code>>>}.cip is corrupt. Repair action: File repair Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57 Time taken = 2813 ms Repair...
  5. My device doesnt boot/wake/restart properly after recent update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My device doesnt boot/wake/restart properly after recent update: I ran startup repair and got this log in srTrail:Root cause found: --------------------------- Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\cipolicies\active\{<<<some code>>>}.cip is corrupt. Repair action: File repair Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57 Time taken = 2813 ms Repair...
  6. Pc freezing after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc freezing after recent update: Hi guys, I recently updated to the most recent version of Windows 10 and it caused my pc to freeze every 1-2 seconds. Which also caused my mouse to freeze up as well. I tried updating my gpu driver to the latest version, and I also deleted my mouse driver and reinstalled...
  7. PC won't boot after Windows update. Have to uninstall recent update to boot. Has happened...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't boot after Windows update. Have to uninstall recent update to boot. Has happened...: I'm not really sure what the issue is, whether it's a fault in the update, or if it's my hardware. Obviously I want to find out what the issue is as I don't want my updates on pause forever. Here are some of my specs (wasn't sure what was relevant sorry): OS Name Microsoft...
  8. Computer will not boot after most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not boot after most recent update: My computer was stuck on the automatic repair loop after an update overnight and now it will not boot at all. I have downloaded windows 10 onto a usb and I’m ready to install it, but the bios screen confuses me. However, i took a chance and plugged in the usb, chose install,...
  9. Cannot boot PC after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot PC after recent update: Last week I downloaded the August update to my Lenovo 410 IdeaCentre PC. Two days later, I was unable to boot up the PC at all. The message 'Preparing automatic Repair' is displayed but nothing happens. I have tried all sorts of things to try to remedy the problem but...
  10. Mobile Hotspot not working after recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mobile Hotspot not working after recent Windows 10 update: After a recent Windows update, I can't turn on the mobile hotspot. Haven't had any issues with that before. When I click on the mobile hotspot button in the action center. The name of the hotspot appears for a split of a second and then the button toggles back to "mobile...