Windows 10: PC boots into bios instead of windows 10

Discus and support PC boots into bios instead of windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys, abit of context before I start kind of long, sorry about that. I have my windows 10 installed on my m.2 Seagate ssd. Recently, I encountered... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by feman12, Jul 25, 2021.

1. feman12 Win User

PC boots into bios instead of windows 10

Hi guys, abit of context before I start kind of long, sorry about that. I have my windows 10 installed on my m.2 Seagate ssd. Recently, I encountered an issue where my PC blue screened and crashed. When I started it up again, it just goes into bios, failing to detect my boot drive the Seagate ssd. It was solved after replacing the cmos battery. However, a few weeks later, my PC crashed and the Seagate ssd wasn't detected again. I tried resetting cmos and changing m.2 slots on the motherboard, but my pc still boots into bios, unable to detect the Seagate ssd. I inserted a Samsung m.2 ssd in

:)

feman12, Jul 25, 2021

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jul 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 random automatic repair after changing boot priority.

Hello. So i have an Windows 10 Pro. Sometimes when i am changing in bios boot order from USB to HDD ( SDD ) windows starts booting with AUTOMATIC REPAIR and then restarting. Is this something with BIOS \ Windows 10 bug related? Tested on pc and on laptop , and sometimes it doing the same.

Situation on PC first,listen:

Few days ago after i change boot in UEFI BIOS from USB to SSD.
    Then Windows 10 showed at 1 boot Automatic Repair.
    When starting Windows 10 boot loader starts by "preparing automatic repair" and diagnosing pc.
    Interesting is that if I restart Windows (after procedure mentioned earlier) it will boot normally. This startup problem was occured only when starting system again after shutdown or restarted pc from windows.So i was needed 2 boots to boot properly to windows.
    But on pc, format was needed to remove completely issue and after format is fine.

Pc :
    2x8gb Kingston Hyperx 1600mhz DDR3
    SSD samsung Evo 250 gb
    4790k stock
    Asus Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2 with UEFI BIOS

Now laptop with old standard bios:
    On laptop i made the same operation, change boot from USB to HDD and on first boot Windows 10 shows Automatic Repair. But it happened once and i cant reproduce. No format was needed.

laptop is very old with 2gb ram

Why on pc format was needed when on laptop not?

Thanks for suggestions.

litwicki24, Jul 25, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 25, 2021
Thema:

1. PC boots into bios instead of windows 10 - Similar Threads - boots bios instead

2. My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows: Ok so I recently upgraded my computer mobo, ram, cpu and I put my old hdd in it which already had windows on it and all my data. When I turned my computer on, I just booted straight to bios. My hdd is already the primary boot device, And I’ve tried resetting cmos. Nothing...
  3. My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows: Ok so I recently upgraded my computer mobo, ram, cpu and I put my old hdd in it which already had windows on it and all my data. When I turned my computer on, I just booted straight to bios. My hdd is already the primary boot device, And I’ve tried resetting cmos. Nothing...
  4. My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. PC NOT BOOTING....NITHER BIOS NOR WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC NOT BOOTING....NITHER BIOS NOR WINDOWS 10: I HAVE A WINDOWS 10RECENTLY UPGRADED FRM 7 PC AND WITH A GIGABYTE H110M S2 MOTHERBOARD WITH 8GIGS OF RAM.THE PROBLEM IS THAT AN UPGRADE OF WINDOWS CAME AND HALFWAY IT RESTARTED AND SHOWN TO ENABLE SECURE BOOTI DONT REMEMBER PROPERLY AND I DID IT AND IT BOOTED UP AND SHOWED...
  6. PC NOT BOOTING....NITHER BIOS NOR WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC NOT BOOTING....NITHER BIOS NOR WINDOWS 10: I HAVE A WINDOWS 10RECENTLY UPGRADED FRM 7 PC AND WITH A GIGABYTE H110M S2 MOTHERBOARD WITH 8GIGS OF RAM.THE PROBLEM IS THAT AN UPGRADE OF WINDOWS CAME AND HALFWAY IT RESTARTED AND SHOWN TO ENABLE SECURE BOOTI DONT REMEMBER PROPERLY AND I DID IT AND IT BOOTED UP AND SHOWED...
  7. PC NOT BOOTING....NITHER BIOS NOR WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Booting into bios instead windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Booting into bios instead windows: Hey, I shut down my pc some hours ago and now when I turn it on I get booted in bios. What can I do? I have windows on my ssd and found a option in bios to select boot uptions. Which one do I use?[IMG]...
  9. Computer going to BIOS instead to boot (no always)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer going to BIOS instead to boot (no always): My computer is a brand new i5-10400 with 8GB RAM and a Gigabyte mobo. It has not more than 2 months it was assembled. Since a month ago once in a while (say once every 3 days) when I turn it on by the morning instead to proceed directly to the boot it enters the BIOS setup...
  10. PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows: My system works very well for a few years but suddenly it cannot boot directly to windows. Here are a few points I've observed that are different then when it works normally:1. Pressing power button takes longer (around 10 seconds longer) for the power LED to light up. It...