Windows 10: PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows

Discus and support PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My system works very well for a few years but suddenly it cannot boot directly to windows. Here are a few points I've observed that are different then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by senderj, Jun 27, 2019.

1. senderj Win User

PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows

My system works very well for a few years but suddenly it cannot boot directly to windows. Here are a few points I've observed that are different then when it works normally:1. Pressing power button takes longer (around 10 seconds longer) for the power LED to light up. It also takes longer for the beep to sound.2. At the display card screen, press DEL or F2 did not bring me to the UEFI, it just didn't have any response.3. Then, even if I didn't press anything, it display the AMIBIOS screen (attached) but there is no error mentioned, only showing the h/w config (USB keyboard is 0 because I am using a PS2 KB).4. Follows it to press F1 then it bring me to the UEFI where I found nothing unusual, all h/w are detected.5. In UEFI select the boot disk to boot and it boot to windows as it normally did.
    After using the PC for a while, if I reboot or shutdown and restart, it does not have this problem and go directly to windows. But if I shut it down and start it after the night, the problem appears every time. I would appreciate any help to resolve this problem or point me the direction where I can understand more. Thank you in advance.

PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows [​IMG]

:)

senderj, Jun 27, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Jun 27, 2019
  3. How to set Windows 10 to boot to Start Screen instead of desktop?

Windows 10 Boot to Start Screen

When you start your Windows 10 PC, it will automatically boot to the desktop.

Steps to make Windows 10 boot to Start Screen:

Step 1: Go to replace the Start Menu with the Start Screen.

Step 2: Turn on the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties dialog.

Right-tap any blank area on the taskbar, and choose Properties in the menu.

Step 3: Deselect related setting in the Navigation settings.

Click the Navigation tab, deselect the setting called When I sign in or close all apps on a screen, go to the desktop instead of Start, and then choose OK.

Later, when you restart or log in your PC, the computer will boot to Start Screen instead of desktop.

Pradeep Trout, Jun 27, 2019
  4. PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows

Windows 10 will only boot if selected from the BIOS boot menu.

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

• You mean to say, every time you need to make changes to Boot Order in BIOS, to start your computer correctly?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suspect that the problem might be due to outdated BIOS update
    or with Boot Configuration data. Suggest you to check for the latest BIOS update and Chipset drivers for your device hardware on Manufacturer website. If you find a new one, try to update the same to see if it correct
    the issue. If problem still persist, then I suggest to rebuild Boot Configuration Data to see if it makes any difference.

Let us try to repair your computer by creating a Windows 10 Bootable media (I.e. USB or DVD) using
    Media Creation Tool.
    Use your computer or some other connected to Internet for creating a Bootable media (Windows 10 ISO image file). Once you're ready with Bootable Media, follow the below mentioned
    steps.

• Insert the Windows installation disc in the disc drive or connect USB media, and then start the computer.
    • Press a key when the message Press any key to boot from CD or DVD appears.

If your PC does not detect the media automatically
      • During the restart process, read the screen for any instructions that explain how to interrupt normal startup and enter the basic input/output system (BIOS) setup utility. Most PCs use the F2, F10, ESC, or DEL key to begin the BIOS Setup.
      • Look for a tab in the BIOS Setup Utility that is labeled Boot Order,
        Boot Options, or Boot. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to go to the
        Boot Order, then press Enter.
      • Locate the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive (this might be called Removable Device) in the Boot list. Following the directions on the screen, use the arrow keys to move the drive up so that it appears first in the Boot list. Press Enter. The boot order
        sequence is now changed to boot from the CD, DVD, or USB flash drive.
      • Press F10 to save your changes and to exit the BIOS Setup Utility. Select Yes in the confirmation window. The PC will restart. Allow the PC to restart normally. The scan will take a few minutes and remove any malware that may be infecting your computer.
    • Select a language, a time, a currency, a keyboard or another input method, and then click Next.
    • Click Repair your computer.
    • Click the operating system that you want to repair, and then click
      Next
    • On the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot. Select
      Advanced Options > Command Prompt
      under Advanced Options.
    • Type Bootrec /RebuildBcd, and then press
      ENTER.
      This command will rebuild boot configuration data if in case any issue with Boot files causing this issue.

Once you done with the above steps, see if the problem still persist.

Let us know how it went.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jun 27, 2019
Thema:

PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows

1. PC boots to BIOS screen instead of windows - Similar Threads - boots BIOS screen

2. Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen: Hi! So a few days ago my brother realized there was some pop ups for winzip, and cc cleaned an a few other things, my google also wouldn’t let me search anything it would come up with a error message saying something was stopping me or something along those lines, basically...
  3. Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc won’t boot past BIOS screen: Hi! So a few days ago my brother realized there was some pop ups for winzip, and cc cleaned an a few other things, my google also wouldn’t let me search anything it would come up with a error message saying something was stopping me or something along those lines, basically...
  4. My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows: Ok so I recently upgraded my computer mobo, ram, cpu and I put my old hdd in it which already had windows on it and all my data. When I turned my computer on, I just booted straight to bios. My hdd is already the primary boot device, And I’ve tried resetting cmos. Nothing...
  5. My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows: Ok so I recently upgraded my computer mobo, ram, cpu and I put my old hdd in it which already had windows on it and all my data. When I turned my computer on, I just booted straight to bios. My hdd is already the primary boot device, And I’ve tried resetting cmos. Nothing...
  6. My computer keeps booting to bios instead of windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PC boots into bios instead of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boots into bios instead of windows 10: Hi guys, abit of context before I start kind of long, sorry about that. I have my windows 10 installed on my m.2 Seagate ssd. Recently, I encountered an issue where my PC blue screened and crashed. When I started it up again, it just goes into bios, failing to detect my boot...
  8. Booting into bios instead windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Booting into bios instead windows: Hey, I shut down my pc some hours ago and now when I turn it on I get booted in bios. What can I do? I have windows on my ssd and found a option in bios to select boot uptions. Which one do I use?[IMG]...
  9. Computer going to BIOS instead to boot (no always)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer going to BIOS instead to boot (no always): My computer is a brand new i5-10400 with 8GB RAM and a Gigabyte mobo. It has not more than 2 months it was assembled. Since a month ago once in a while (say once every 3 days) when I turn it on by the morning instead to proceed directly to the boot it enters the BIOS setup...
  10. No bios screen at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    No bios screen at boot: After re-installtion issues with an old standby (Clipmate) to correct an issue with Clipmate...I decided just to revert back to a previous Acronis complete system image tib from a few days previous to the Clipmate change. However...I can not get passed the blinking cursor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc only boots to bios no errors