Windows 10: PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

Discus and support PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by duffles14, Apr 18, 2024.

1. duffles14 Win User

PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is supposed to show before actually booting to windows.

:)

duffles14, Apr 18, 2024
  2. 95Viper Win User

Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Apr 18, 2024
  3. Windows 10 Black screen, Start screen, Critical Low Battery

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you try the power troubleshooter if you are able to boot into the system.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + W and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and click on System and Security.
    • Click on Power and follow the onscreen steps.
    For black screen issues click on the link below and refer the suggestions by Sharath Srinivasa.

Redirecting

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 18, 2024
  4. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

Anthony Gal, Apr 18, 2024
Thema:

PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

1. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11 - Similar Threads - boots black screen

2. PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots to black screen after upgrading to windows 11: Basically the title. I upgraded my PC from win10 to win11 and now when it restarted, it only shows a black screen. When I force restarted my PC, everything turns on but my monitor only shows a black screen, doesn't even show the prompts for the motherboard since it is...
  3. PC Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Boot to black screen: I tried to boot my computer this morning and it sits at a black screen with a solid white dash shown. I tried restarting and the screen doesn't activate now. This PC has worked great for 2 years now after I built it, and was running fine last night. What could have caused...
  4. PC Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Boot to black screen: I tried to boot my computer this morning and it sits at a black screen with a solid white dash shown. I tried restarting and the screen doesn't activate now. This PC has worked great for 2 years now after I built it, and was running fine last night. What could have caused...
  5. pc not booting up after windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc not booting up after windows 11 upgrade: i just downloaded windows 11 upgrade and let it install but when i got back my monitor was showing nothing and it sayed lookking for signal. i tried restarting and looking in the bios and at the end i could get into the safe mode and see the place where i need to enter my pin...
  6. pc not booting up after windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc not booting up after windows 11 upgrade: i just downloaded windows 11 upgrade and let it install but when i got back my monitor was showing nothing and it sayed lookking for signal. i tried restarting and looking in the bios and at the end i could get into the safe mode and see the place where i need to enter my pin...
  7. Black screen after booting up PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after booting up PC: Had a game open on afk, went to check on it and my PC froze. I restarted and then it did an update and then it all went downhill. After booting up it goes straight into a black screen were I can still move the cursor but nothing else. Then after a couple minutes, it takes me...
  8. Black screen after booting Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black screen after booting Windows: I get a black screen after booting my pc, it comes soon after seeing the windows logo. How can I fix the boot-up of the operating system? [Movido para inglês]...
  9. black screen after upgrading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    black screen after upgrading: hi i had a very old 32 bit system which was running windows 7 and working great,but the idea dawned on me to upgrade to windows 10 for the security updates so i ran the setup like so: i downloaded the media creation tool followed the instructions and pressed on the option...
  10. Pc boots to black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc boots to black screen: When I start my pc, all i see is a black screen without a cursor that never goes away. The keyboard connected to the pc lights up. I have tried to reset the CMOS but that didn't help....