Windows 10: Pc boots to black screen

Discus and support Pc boots to black screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I start my pc, all i see is a black screen without a cursor that never goes away. The keyboard connected to the pc lights up. I have tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mochi99, Feb 13, 2020.

1. mochi99 Win User

Pc boots to black screen

When I start my pc, all i see is a black screen without a cursor that never goes away. The keyboard connected to the pc lights up. I have tried to reset the CMOS but that didn't help.

:)

mochi99, Feb 13, 2020

2. Black screen with no spinning dots when booting the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC as it is stuck at black screen.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Refer the section I see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10
    from the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Method 2:

Try booting the PC to safe mode and check. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 13, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Black screen after 'Starting Windows' sequence

Sounds like the old... windows black screen of death.

Try this quoted from "VisiHow" article "Repair Windows 7 Black Screen of Death":

They, also, have some other options there, too.
    Google search and you will find a lot of the "Windows Black Screen of Death with cursor" fixes.

95Viper, Feb 13, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Pc boots to black screen

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Pc boots to black screen

1. Pc boots to black screen - Similar Threads - boots black screen

2. My Win11 PC boots into a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Win11 PC boots into a black screen: Hi everyone,I'm having trouble with my Lenovo Ideapad Duet 5i running Win11. All of a sudden, it no longer boots into Windows with any display -- only a black screen. On startup, I can see the manufacturer's logo, but then it all goes black... although I can hear windows...
  3. My Win11 PC boots into a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Win11 PC boots into a black screen: Hi everyone,I'm having trouble with my Lenovo Ideapad Duet 5i running Win11. All of a sudden, it no longer boots into Windows with any display -- only a black screen. On startup, I can see the manufacturer's logo, but then it all goes black... although I can hear windows...
  4. PC Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Boot to black screen: I tried to boot my computer this morning and it sits at a black screen with a solid white dash shown. I tried restarting and the screen doesn't activate now. This PC has worked great for 2 years now after I built it, and was running fine last night. What could have caused...
  5. PC Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Boot to black screen: I tried to boot my computer this morning and it sits at a black screen with a solid white dash shown. I tried restarting and the screen doesn't activate now. This PC has worked great for 2 years now after I built it, and was running fine last night. What could have caused...
  6. PC Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. PC booting to a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC booting to a black screen with cursor: Hey, My PC was working fine yesterday night as it installed the latest update. This morning however I cannot access anything anymore. As soon as it boots I don't see the login screen but go directly to a black screen where I can move my cursor. I've been googling around...
  8. Black screen after booting up PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen after booting up PC: Had a game open on afk, went to check on it and my PC froze. I restarted and then it did an update and then it all went downhill. After booting up it goes straight into a black screen were I can still move the cursor but nothing else. Then after a couple minutes, it takes me...
  9. PC boots up into a black screen with cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boots up into a black screen with cursor: I recently began having problems booting up. The pc starts up on a black screen where nothing works except win+p. I also got another error saying that the boot partition is missing. Is there a way of fixing this without losing any data?...
  10. PC boots to infinite black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC boots to infinite black screen: I have seen some similar issues but I haven’t seen any that are exactly what is happening to my computer. After a storm started flickering power I turned off my pc. I have a surge protector but when it booted up I got the bsod and git stuck in a boot loop. After hours of...