Windows 10: PC boots to infinite black screen

Discus and support PC boots to infinite black screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have seen some similar issues but I haven’t seen any that are exactly what is happening to my computer. After a storm started flickering power I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WindowsStartupNoise, Jul 27, 2020.

1. PC boots to infinite black screen

I have seen some similar issues but I haven’t seen any that are exactly what is happening to my computer. After a storm started flickering power I turned off my pc. I have a surge protector but when it booted up I got the bsod and git stuck in a boot loop. After hours of troubleshooting I figured out there is no way to save my files and I have to reinstall windows. I have most of my files backed uo so this isn’t a huge issue. I made a recovery drive and went into bios to reorder the startup priority. I booted the pc from my usb stick and... it got stuck on infinite black screen. I tried again then went to look online, the 2 main peices of advice I saw were to boot from a usb drive obviously not helpful or to reset my boot priority. I did so and attempted to boot again this time from my harddrive, this time instead of the bsod I was greeted with another black screen. Online I found the main suggestion to be booting up my pc from a usb recovery drive. I’m sure you see the problem. I’ve been working on this for 2 days and any help would be appreciated. I have an hp z420 work station with some updated parts, namely an intel i7 processor and improved ram.

:)

WindowsStartupNoise, Jul 27, 2020

2. Black screen with no spinning dots when booting the PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while booting the PC as it is stuck at black screen.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

Method 1:

Refer the section I see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10
    from the article
    Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    and see if that helps.

Method 2:

Try booting the PC to safe mode and check. Refer the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Slippiana Win User
    Desktop PC boots to black screen after ASUS BIOS update

I updated my BIOS as a last resort to fixing my system reserved ram. I ended up getting the infinite black screen. I followed the steps above, shutting down my PC, unplugging my PSU, taking the battery from MOBO, and changed the display ports to MOBO. It didn't quite work yet still left with this black screen death. I repeated those steps one more time but removed my ram and changed them to dimm slots 2 and 4 instead of 1 and 3. For some reason it fixed everything. Now I have all my ram minus 566MB reserved.

Slippiana, Jul 27, 2020
  4. PC boots to infinite black screen

KB4497935 CAUSING INFINITE BLACK SCREEN WITH SPINNING CIRCLE

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Please answer these questions to get additional information for clarity:

1. Are you getting a black screen before signing in to Windows 10?
    2. Are you getting a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10?
    3. Are you getting a black screen with spinning dots after restarting the device?

Some of the common scenarios that can cause a black or blank screen to occur are connection problems with your display, display adapter driver update issues, or issues with recent updates or installations.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that works.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14106/windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-or-blank-screen-errors

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

PC boots to infinite black screen

1. PC boots to infinite black screen - Similar Threads - boots infinite black

2. PC is in a infinite boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is in a infinite boot: I have a Acer Aspire Desktop and at the moment my PC is in a loop boot, it shows the Acer Logo but can't get past that, I can also access my Bios, I've tried using safe mode but can't get it to pop up before the computer shuts off and goes back on, is there a way to change...
  3. PC is in a infinite boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is in a infinite boot: I have a Acer Aspire Desktop and at the moment my PC is in a loop boot, it shows the Acer Logo but can't get past that, I can also access my Bios, I've tried using safe mode but can't get it to pop up before the computer shuts off and goes back on, is there a way to change...
  4. PC is in a infinite boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. PC Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Boot to black screen: I tried to boot my computer this morning and it sits at a black screen with a solid white dash shown. I tried restarting and the screen doesn't activate now. This PC has worked great for 2 years now after I built it, and was running fine last night. What could have caused...
  6. PC Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC Boot to black screen: I tried to boot my computer this morning and it sits at a black screen with a solid white dash shown. I tried restarting and the screen doesn't activate now. This PC has worked great for 2 years now after I built it, and was running fine last night. What could have caused...
  7. PC Boot to black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Pc on startup infinite loop black screen

Pc on startup infinite loop black screen: Hello, I have encountered an issue with my computer where it is on an infinite black loading screen after a failed automatic systems repair. SpecsUnfortunately I have little to no knowledge about computer specs, but this is a desktop bought from Digital Storm. StoryI started...
  9. Pc boots to black screen

Pc boots to black screen: When I start my pc, all i see is a black screen without a cursor that never goes away. The keyboard connected to the pc lights up. I have tried to reset the CMOS but that didn't help....
  10. Infinite Boot Loop/Automatic Repair Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Infinite Boot Loop/Automatic Repair Black Screen: I'm having some issues accessing the Advanced Start up menu, or Windows Recovery Enviroment. I can't get past the initial boot up an either restarts, or gets stuck on a black screen. So the other methods of getting to the Advanced menu, or Windows RE, besides the shutting...