Windows 10: PC boots up to lock screen and turns off

Discus and support PC boots up to lock screen and turns off in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I start my laptop, a lock screen appears. Then when I press the space bar, the screen goes dark for a while and the lock screen gets back. If I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TienSlay, Aug 31, 2020.

1. TienSlay Win User

PC boots up to lock screen and turns off

When I start my laptop, a lock screen appears. Then when I press the space bar, the screen goes dark for a while and the lock screen gets back. If I click on any other button, the screen again goes dark and then the lock screen appears. I can do nothing with this because I can see just the lock screen

:)

TienSlay, Aug 31, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 31, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Aug 31, 2020
  4. PC boots up to lock screen and turns off

PC Build Steps

With:

1. Prime95
    • What do I do if the PC locks up or blue screens?
    I meant:
    What am I supposed to do if the PC locks up or blue screens? Turn off the PSU?

anandsap123, Aug 31, 2020
Thema:

PC boots up to lock screen and turns off

1. PC boots up to lock screen and turns off - Similar Threads - boots lock screen

2. PC turns off after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off after boot: I built a gaming pc about 2 years ago and it’s worked great. In the last week or so, I’ve had this issue where it shuts down on its own. Not through windows but it completely powers off, instantly. When I turn it back on, it usually acts as if nothing happens but sometimes I...
  3. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  4. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    turn off locked screen: like to have auto log in would be nicethe only one how use it any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-locked-screen/1539fbb0-730b-4d1e-b2b6-73ffa172710e
  5. turn off locked screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Screen does not turn off at lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Screen does not turn off at lock screen: Recently, when I come back to my computer after a matter of hours I find the screen still on, displaying the lock screen when it should be off. In Windows Settings > Power & Sleep > Screen, the settingWhen plugged in, turn off after is set to 15 minutes. How come my screen is...
  7. How to turn off the Lock Screen

How to turn off the Lock Screen: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and realized that after my computer goes to sleep that a lock screen comes up and i have to re-enter my password. Is there a way to just allow my computer to go to sleep without going to the lock screen afterwards...
  8. Windows 10 black screen on boot up then locks me out and turns off my pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 black screen on boot up then locks me out and turns off my pc: Hello, a few weeks ago I upgraded my HP G62 Notebook PC from Windows 7 to 10 because supports ending. Sense that upgrade every so often the computer will boot up normally but whenever I put in my pin it'll go black, then come back on and say locking and then shuts off the...
  9. how to turn off lock screen

how to turn off lock screen: how do I turn off the lock screen * Moved from Windows 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-lock-screen/89d2dfc0-22f9-4ea8-824d-3ad360d48657
  10. screen lock - how to turn it on or off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen lock - how to turn it on or off: I want to be able to lock my screen with one key-press when I leave it. I cannot find anything in any of the help that relates to this. Any ideas? Thanks....