Windows 10: PC bricked after Nvidia Geforce driver update

Discus and support PC bricked after Nvidia Geforce driver update in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I updated the graphics drivers on a new PC this afternoon and upon the next startup the PC was completely bricked. My monitor detects no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Noob Tubem, Jun 5, 2021.

1. PC bricked after Nvidia Geforce driver update

Hi everyone, I updated the graphics drivers on a new PC this afternoon and upon the next startup the PC was completely bricked. My monitor detects no signal whatsoever, and my keyboard does not light up. I've tried power cycling many times, removing and replacing the GPU and RAM, but nothing has worked yet - I am still unable to interact with my PC in any way. Neither Nvidia support nor support from the manufacturer of the PC were any help, but if anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. Is there any way to completely reset my PC without a screen? I should also note that I have been try

:)

Noob Tubem, Jun 5, 2021

2. Windows 10 - Nvidia GeForce - Update needed but Program doesn't open (Nvidia GeForce Experience)

Hi Barbara,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• What is the error code or error message?
    I would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Nvidia GeForce graphic card
    driver from the manufacturer website and check, if it works. Refer to the following steps to uninstall the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver from the Device Manager.

a. Click on Windows key + X key and then, select Device Manager.

b. Locate and expand “Display Adaptor” in the Device Manager Window.

c. Right-click on the “Display Adaptor” and click on “uninstall" the
    Nvidia GeForce graphic card driver.

d. Restart the computer and check, if it works.

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Jun 5, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE — 0x800f0102

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with installing
    NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M. I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Incorrect Windows Update settings.

2. Corrupt Windows Update components.

To understand the issue better let me know, from where you are installing NVIDIA driver update? Is it through Windows Update or through manufacturer website?

If you are installing NVIDIA driver update through Windows Update follow these steps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run “Windows Update troubleshooter” to diagnose the exact issue.

a. Press Windows key from the keyboard.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the search box.

c. Select “View all” option from the left panel.

d. Then select “Windows Update” option from the list and follow the onscreen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to try the steps under the section
    Manually reset Windows Update components and check if it helps.
    Resetting Windows Update Components will fix corrupt Windows Update Components.

How do I reset Windows Update components?

Windows Update - Additional resources - Windows Deployment

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. Please avoid running Fixit’s and Step 11 in this article, as it does not applies to Windows 10.

3. This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully.
    For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the
    Microsoft Knowledge Base:

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install latest driver for NVIDIA GeForce GT 640M LE from manufacturer website. I see that there are no Windows 10 drivers available for you graphics card model. You may install latest graphics driver in
    compatibility mode and check if it helps.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers

To install graphics driver in compatibility mode follow these steps:

a. Right-click on the setup file of the
    graphics driver and select “Properties”.

c. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and
    select latest Windows version from the drop down list.

e. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jun 5, 2021
  4. mrjcjones Win User

PC bricked after Nvidia Geforce driver update

NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240 Not allowed by Windows 10

I have already done this, however I did as you suggested above.

The driver installed, but as soon as Windows Update ran it uploaded "NVIDIA driver update for NVIDIA GeForce GTS 240" which when installed reverted the driver to the previous version.

It seems that Windows 10 will not allow updating of this driver unless it comes as a Windows Update.

Why?

mrjcjones, Jun 5, 2021
Thema:

PC bricked after Nvidia Geforce driver update

1. PC bricked after Nvidia Geforce driver update - Similar Threads - bricked Nvidia Geforce

2. Nvidia geforce 525m custom drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia geforce 525m custom drivers: Hey everyone, I just recently updated my old laptops OS from Win 7 to Win 10. Here are my specs: Laptop: Dell XPS L502X OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit(10.0, Build 19042.867) Memory: 8Gb I successfully managed to install custom drivers for my Intel HD Graphics 3000 from this...
  3. Problems with latest Nvidia Geforce drivers and DRM?

Problems with latest Nvidia Geforce drivers and DRM?: Has anybody else noticed problems playing DRM content since updating to the latest Nvidia Geforce v456 drivers? A few catch up TV programs I use now refuse to play anything due to DRM errors. I see Nvidia released a new driver today and I have tried that but I have the same...
  4. Nvidia driver and Geforce experience cannot be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia driver and Geforce experience cannot be installed: i cant install geforce experience it gives me an error i tried every troubleshoot method none worked and i cant install the driver manually. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-driver-and-geforce-experience-cannot-be/8ea89ed7-5f87-4162-b373-a371a91574eb
  5. Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?

Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?: I have a Surface Book 2 and it uses the GTX 1060 and Intel UHD Graphics 620. When I look at the drivers on the NVIDIA website and my own drivers for the 1060, it seems I'm out of date. I'm wondering if I need the NVIDIA app or if I can update these drivers through Device...
  6. Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Best way to update NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 drivers?: I have a Surface Book 2 and it uses the GTX 1060 and Intel UHD Graphics 620. When I look at the drivers on the NVIDIA website and my own drivers for the 1060, it seems I'm out of date. I'm wondering if I need the NVIDIA app or if I can update these drivers through Device...
  7. Cannot Update NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Drivers

Cannot Update NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Drivers: Curious to know where to go from here as far as installing drivers. I wanted to reinstall the most current driver I had for this card due to some weird performance issues i was noticing and most of my research online was pointing to a possible corruption of drivers. So,... i...
  8. Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce

Alternative driver to Nvidia GeForce: I have a Sony Vaio using a Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics driver. I run Windows 7. It is not compatible with Windows 10 and I can't upgrade. Sony are going to take forever to update the Windows 8 drivers so I'm not holding my breath for an early update on Windows 7 (if at...
  9. Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card

Driver for NVidia GeForce Go 7150M Card: I went to the NVidia site, but all the drivers that show are for Linux. I tried searching for Windows, but none turned up. This is for an HP dv9700 laptop PC that's over five years old. Anyone got an URL for the proper site? 4506
  10. Microsoft’s Ultimate Laptop Updated with Latest NVIDIA GeForce Drivers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft’s Ultimate Laptop Updated with Latest NVIDIA GeForce Drivers: Microsoft’s "Ultimate Laptop" Updated with Latest NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Small update released by Microsoft for the Surface Book Microsoft has recently released a new driver update for its Surface Book that includes the latest software for the NVIDIA GeForce GPU unit....