Windows 10: PC broken after the latest Windows 10 update

Discus and support PC broken after the latest Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 2 days ago after updated Windows 10 and since then it is not working properly. It opens only in Safemode and with blue stripes on the screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by luminita tudosa, Sep 17, 2019.

1. PC broken after the latest Windows 10 update

2 days ago after updated Windows 10 and since then it is not working properly. It opens only in Safemode and with blue stripes on the screen

:)

luminita tudosa, Sep 17, 2019
  2. Melvis Win User

Windows 10 Anniversary Update Issues

Wow I just updated my Windows 10 to this latest version of 10 (it did it itself) and its so much slower! and again open GL is broken....This OS just gets better and better....

Melvis, Sep 17, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 17, 2019
  4. MrGenius Win User

PC broken after the latest Windows 10 update

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

PC broken after the latest Windows 10 update

1. PC broken after the latest Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - broken latest update

2. Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update: After the latest Windows update March 12, 2024—KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296, I am not able to successfully run the command `npm install` in a NodeJS project via the Terminal app. I was previously able to do this. In fact the command completes without error,...
  3. Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Terminal app is broken after latest Windows update: After the latest Windows update March 12, 2024—KB5035853 OS Builds 22621.3296 and 22631.3296, I am not able to successfully run the command `npm install` in a NodeJS project via the Terminal app. I was previously able to do this. In fact the command completes without error,...
  4. Are the latest windows 11 updates broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are the latest windows 11 updates broken?: I have a Dell G7 17 gaming laptop. Windows works great when I had 10 hardly any issues. Of course I installed Windows 11 eventually. I even did a fresh install of Windows 11 iso - meaning I officially removed windows 10 completely. It worked well until the recent string of...
  5. windows latest update 22H2 is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows latest update 22H2 is broken.: my device is literally broken. no app would work. no nothing. i cant even open the settings app. it’s just dead. i tried doing the recovery and uninstalling but it didn’t work. i tried reinstalling windows and it didn’t work either. so what’s the fix??? i searched online and...
  6. windows latest update 22H2 is broken.

windows latest update 22H2 is broken.: my device is literally broken. no app would work. no nothing. i cant even open the settings app. it’s just dead. i tried doing the recovery and uninstalling but it didn’t work. i tried reinstalling windows and it didn’t work either. so what’s the fix??? i searched online and...
  7. Office 2021 Update Broken After Latest Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Office 2021 Update Broken After Latest Windows Update?: This may just be coincidence but at the same time our three machines got yesterday's Windows Update, all of the sudden our MS 365 and Office 2021 won't update. The "Downloading Office Updates..." window just sits there going...and I notice very little network traffic to...
  8. Office 2021 Update Broken After Latest Windows Update?

Office 2021 Update Broken After Latest Windows Update?: This may just be coincidence but at the same time our three machines got yesterday's Windows Update, all of the sudden our MS 365 and Office 2021 won't update. The "Downloading Office Updates..." window just sits there going...and I notice very little network traffic to...
  9. Broken Search Menu on windows 10 insider after the latest update.

in Cortana
    Broken Search Menu on windows 10 insider after the latest update.: So the search menu broke on Windows 10 Insider 21H1 build: 19043.906 Has this happened to anyone else? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/broken-search-menu-on-windows-10-insider-after-the/5578faae-57f2-45b8-8fdf-aadee8332348
  10. Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network broken (AGAIN !) after latest updates: Hi there I can't figure out what's broken this time again with networking I can't connect to NAS (Linux) server any more -- refuses to accept password even though it's correct. Connect works perfectly on W7 and also FROM the NAS TO Windows 10. Anyway here's the result of...