Windows 10: PC Bsod and Login problems After Testing

Discus and support PC Bsod and Login problems After Testing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok so I was doing some things to my pc like ram optimization, cleanup, and other optimizations. I restarted my pc and I use image login, I try that and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DevinStoll, Apr 6, 2021.

1. PC Bsod and Login problems After Testing

Ok so I was doing some things to my pc like ram optimization, cleanup, and other optimizations. I restarted my pc and I use image login, I try that and normally it says incorrect if i get it wrong but this time it did nothing, no loading just the same page. Luckily I created a restore point today soooo I'm on the attempting repairs page and it is just loading and loading, does it normally take this long?I'll reply if it continues but thats the situation I'm in now. :

:)

DevinStoll, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Apr 6, 2021
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

PC Bsod and Login problems After Testing

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

PC Bsod and Login problems After Testing

1. PC Bsod and Login problems After Testing - Similar Threads - Bsod Login problems

2. BSOD after green tests and System Restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after green tests and System Restore: Hi,I have begun experiencing some BSOD & Black screen restarts starting about 2 weeks ago. After doing some research I have ran tests such as CHKDSK, sfc /scannow and Windows Memory Diagnostics, I also ran DISM and to no avail. I would have tried memtest but I do not have a...
  3. BSOD after green tests and System Restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after green tests and System Restore: Hi,I have begun experiencing some BSOD & Black screen restarts starting about 2 weeks ago. After doing some research I have ran tests such as CHKDSK, sfc /scannow and Windows Memory Diagnostics, I also ran DISM and to no avail. I would have tried memtest but I do not have a...
  4. pc login problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    pc login problem: hello i really need help each time i try logging in i get the pin is unavailable message and then when i try to reset it i get a message saying thag the user profile can’t be loaded and when i go to adavances option reset my pc and the whole advanced options isn’t there...
  5. BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST: I know there's a bad stick among the 4 sticks in use on my MB, but maybe someone can confirm this event is based on bad RAM.Thank you for your time, I think I've covered all the events today, pretty frustrating. Please refer to the file at the...
  6. BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST

BSOD AFTER AIDA64 MEMORY STRESS TEST: I know there's a bad stick among the 4 sticks in use on my MB, but maybe someone can confirm this event is based on bad RAM.Thank you for your time, I think I've covered all the events today, pretty frustrating. Please refer to the file at the...
  7. After login problem .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After login problem .: After login to account admin. I get this after logging in. This was after installing windows 11 preview. Other accounts are working perfect. How can i fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-login-problem/a35102a4-d5b6-43cc-b3d2-eb4aa08c5ae6
  8. After login problem .

After login problem .: After login to account admin. I get this after logging in. This was after installing windows 11 preview. Other accounts are working perfect. How can i fix this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-login-problem/a35102a4-d5b6-43cc-b3d2-eb4aa08c5ae6
  9. BSOD Shortly After Login

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD Shortly After Login: I have been looking for an answer to this for a few hours now, and I could use some help. My PC crashes within a few seconds of logging in with the error message: DPC Watchdog Violation. I can run my PC in safe mode without crashing. I have not installed any new programs or...
  10. Pc login problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc login problem: Hey guys i have a problem with my pc. So what happened is i went to msconfig and i thought it would be a good idea to turn off all the startup programs then i pressed restart to activate the new changes. Then i had to type the password as usual but i normally login with...