Windows 10: PC BSOD

Discus and support PC BSOD in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc, which previously had a BSOD issue that was resolved by changing out the cpu, has been randomly BSODing while playing games or watching videos.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jesse san, Jun 11, 2024.

1. jesse san Win User

PC BSOD

My pc, which previously had a BSOD issue that was resolved by changing out the cpu, has been randomly BSODing while playing games or watching videos. Varies codes of Failure appear on the blue screen. It is different from my last stint with the CPU provoked BSOD. As SFC and or DISM scans work. I will like to add this started to happen when I updated one of my games a few days ago.I ran memtest86 and no errors detected with my RAM and for the sake of it I also ran windows memory diagnostics and saw no errors Here are my minidumps https://gofile.io/d/NN5Ecb

:)

jesse san, Jun 11, 2024

2. Pc bsod to bios

Currently replying on iPhone, I’ll give you a proper timeline Step 1) during the program of tuneup plus my pc bsod 3 times but I was finally able to get the info Step 2) Restore point was easy and done quick which now leads to step 3 Step 3) After starting the WDV my pc bsod with the stop code of “System thread exception not handled” following the steps I open command prompt and tried to turn it off which says that nothing was changed, so then after a couple of bsod’s later I manage to go back to my restore point which now leads to a problem I cant seem to fix where when I try to open my pc it says something is wrong with my pin with error code (0x80090016) If needed I do have the tuneup plus info Trying to solve the pin problem if anyone suggestions please inform me.

Poundersktt, Jun 11, 2024
  3. Thrackan Win User
    PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Jun 11, 2024
  4. alexsubri Win User

PC BSOD

BSOD- atikmpag.sys

This is most likely due to an installation/upgrade error with ATI driver's. I suggest doing DriveSweeper and the following:
    • Drivesweeper all drivers & in Safe Mode
    • Unistall all drivers that aren't used in DriveSweeper (CCC Profiler Updates, MSI AfterBurner, anything related to ATI that use's it's drivers.)
    • After you do this, the first thing you need to do is go into Device Manager and Unistall your ATI Drivers
    PC BSOD [​IMG]

Once your done, restart the PC and then try installing the latest drivers.

I had several issues with this in the past, but I overcame it with logical reasoning and whenever I have a driver issue, I just use these steps and I always overcome the problem.

Best of luck! *Toast :toast:

alexsubri, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

PC BSOD

1. PC BSOD - Similar Threads - BSOD

2. BSOD - INACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - INACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: Hi,So I've been experiencing the booting error frequently, which sometimes is fine and sometimes leads to the Blue Screen page - INACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. It happens more than three times per week. I have referred to some solutions on the internet, like:CMD: sfc /scannow or...
  3. BSOD - INACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD - INACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE: Hi,So I've been experiencing the booting error frequently, which sometimes is fine and sometimes leads to the Blue Screen page - INACESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE. It happens more than three times per week. I have referred to some solutions on the internet, like:CMD: sfc /scannow or...
  4. BSOD error. Dump file added. Please assist.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD error. Dump file added. Please assist.: Instance 1:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true NonInteractiveNuget : true AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall...
  5. BSOD error. Dump file added. Please assist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD error. Dump file added. Please assist.: Instance 1:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true NonInteractiveNuget : true AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall...
  6. BSOD error. Dump file added. Please assist.

7. BSOD when cursor stops moving for a while

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD when cursor stops moving for a while: For the past month or so, I have been dealing with a BSOD issue. Whenever I leave my laptop, it will suddenly go to the Blue Screen of Death after about 5-10 minutes. When I use it for work, gaming, or whatever, I am constantly moving my cursor/mouse so it does not crash. I...
  8. BSOD when cursor stops moving for a while

BSOD when cursor stops moving for a while: For the past month or so, I have been dealing with a BSOD issue. Whenever I leave my laptop, it will suddenly go to the Blue Screen of Death after about 5-10 minutes. When I use it for work, gaming, or whatever, I am constantly moving my cursor/mouse so it does not crash. I...
  9. BSOD when cursor stops moving for a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. keep getting bsod from bug error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keep getting bsod from bug error: i keep getting a bsod from bug errors. "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007f 0x0000000000000008, 0xffffde803700de70, 0xffffde8037008010, 0xfffff80735c0ddab. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...