Windows 10: PC bug after entering sleep mode

Discus and support PC bug after entering sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by perapetlic, Apr 13, 2022.

1. PC bug after entering sleep mode

My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows this message in Event Viewer:The following informational event has occurred 0x0, 0x4, 0x0, 0x0.D0Exit

:)

perapetlic, Apr 13, 2022

2. PC on Windows 10 doesn't enter sleep mode

I have a PC running Windows 10 that refuses to enter sleep mode. When I choose the manual "sleep" option, the computer teases me and acts like it's going to sleep (the fan stops humming for a split second), but then it wakes up immediately and prompts
    me to login to Windows again. And the computer never enters sleep mode on its own, no matter how long I leave it idle or what sleep settings I try. I've tried every suggestion I can find online without success. Please help so I can rid myself of this constant
    humming - it's torture for a family quarantined in their house all day.

ClarkBarlow, Apr 13, 2022
  3. zbook Win User
    PC won't enter sleep mode on its own:

This link has images and text to make the prior post readable:
    Use this link as needed when posting results:
    How to Change Post Editor to Source or WYSIWYG Mode at TenForums.com

For step #7 please include {badmemory} in the command: bcdedit /enum {badmemory}

The event logs displayed:
    The system is entering sleep.
    The system has resumed from sleep.

In case there are any sleep problems after the BIOS upgrade please provide detailed information so that the event logs can be rechecked (specific time, etc.)

For the tune up the drive and other hardware components are to be checked.

zbook, Apr 13, 2022
  4. PC bug after entering sleep mode

Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 13, 2022
Thema:

PC bug after entering sleep mode

1. PC bug after entering sleep mode - Similar Threads - bug entering sleep

2. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  3. New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC Won't Enter Sleep Mode: I bought a new PC running Windows 11 Pro. It will not enter sleep mode when I click Sleep from the start menu. The screen turns off, but the fans and RGB lights on my PC stay on and running. Any slight movement of the mouse instantly turns to screen on with no hesitation. I...
  4. Entering a password after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  5. Entering a password after sleep mode.

Entering a password after sleep mode.: Hello. I disabled the password entry function after sleep. Now, after waking up from sleep mode, I get straight to the desktop. Tell me, in this case, should the lock screen disappear after sleep?...
  6. pc no video input entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc no video input entering sleep mode: hello i have been having this problem this couple months when i play high end games my pc screen goes black and massage pops up no video input entering sleepmode i hear the game in the backround also pc fans start spining at max speed i turned off the setting where my pc...
  7. pc no video input entering sleep mode

pc no video input entering sleep mode: hello i have been having this problem this couple months when i play high end games my pc screen goes black and massage pops up no video input entering sleepmode i hear the game in the backround also pc fans start spining at max speed i turned off the setting where my pc...
  8. PC bug after entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  9. PC bug after entering sleep mode

PC bug after entering sleep mode: My PC has some sort of bug after entering sleep mode. It immediately turns on, fans start to spin, but the screen is black. It does not respond on keyboard or mouse click. I even can not restart or turn it off by pressing IO, so I have to unplug it and start it again.It shows...
  10. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...