Windows 10: PC bugged when writing Pro license key in Home

Discus and support PC bugged when writing Pro license key in Home in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I built a computer for a friend recently, and I installed Windows from a Usb stick created on my machine, wich is Windows 10 Home. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TitiGamer2772005, Jan 28, 2020.

1. PC bugged when writing Pro license key in Home

Hello!

I built a computer for a friend recently, and I installed Windows from a Usb stick created on my machine, wich is Windows 10 Home.

We installed the Home version on his machine (we had a few problems when installing), but he didn't have a license key. After some time, the PC is working fine, he bought his license key, a Pro key. We entered the key, and it prompted us to upgrade our OS to Windows 10 Pro, wich we said yes. It didn't work (no connection to the server)

From here it's complicated. His machine started to malfunction weirdly, like we couldn't have internet from apps like Steam, Mail, but from a web browser it worked... and we finally were able to roll back to an old save.

Is it "normal" to have problems like that, and what should I do for them not to happen again if we try to apply the key again?

Thanks for your answers

submitted by /u/TitiGamer2772005
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TitiGamer2772005, Jan 28, 2020

2. Surface Pro 3 Windows key not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing us back.

Are you using docking station?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the Hardware and device troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key+X.

• Click on Control Panel.

• Click on Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on view all.

• From the list, double click on hardware and devices and run the troubleshooter and check what it shows.

Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Writing unique bootloaders to usb flash key?

Hey TPU,
    in the past ive had no trouble using the hp format utility to write boot loaders to a flash key, set the partition as active, ect.
    I've recently been fiddling around with Vista boot pro to get certain Vista pe boot disks converted over to a usb key working. (trick here is to do it on a vista pc)
    All has been well, but what I would like to have a bootable usb key that doesnt use an ordinary DOS/XP/Vista bootloader and I can't seem to find a way to go about doing it.
    Ultimately I would like to have one of the Memtest86 cd iso's booting off one of my keys and the bootloader isn't an ordinary one.
    A few ideas ive had is writing a grub bootloader to the key then writing the grub to boot the iso file saved on the key. but don't know if this will work (advice, has someone done it successfully?)
    The other idea is to extract the iso to the key but then im stumped on how to get the iso9660 bootloader written from the iso to the flash key. (can't find a utility to do it, all forums related seem to fail from what ive googled so far)
    If anyones got some advice or suggestions, the feedback will be apreciated *Smile PC bugged when writing Pro license key in Home :)

qwerty_lesh, Jan 28, 2020
  4. PC bugged when writing Pro license key in Home

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

PC bugged when writing Pro license key in Home

1. PC bugged when writing Pro license key in Home - Similar Threads - bugged writing Pro

2. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  3. Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a license key for a Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade: Hi everyone,I work for an MSP and I have a managed customer who needs a few existing PC's upgraded from Windows 11 Home to Pro.I've done this before with the method of putting in a company Microsoft account with a company credit card to purchase the upgrade from right inside...
  4. what is the price of windows home to pro license key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the price of windows home to pro license key?: what is the price of windows home to pro license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-price-of-windows-home-to-pro-license/002ee286-17c5-4933-8ed2-1f2d68ad4d63
  5. what is the price of windows home to pro license key?

what is the price of windows home to pro license key?: what is the price of windows home to pro license key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-price-of-windows-home-to-pro-license/002ee286-17c5-4933-8ed2-1f2d68ad4d63
  6. License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro: Hello. I need to format my PC and do a clean install, but I have to questions: 1.- I currently have Windows 10 Pro activated with a digital license key. Do I need to uninstall the key before formatting? 2.- I used the MediaCreationTool22H2 to download a copy of Windows 10,...
  7. License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro

License key, Formatting PC, Windows 10 Pro: Hello. I need to format my PC and do a clean install, but I have to questions: 1.- I currently have Windows 10 Pro activated with a digital license key. Do I need to uninstall the key before formatting? 2.- I used the MediaCreationTool22H2 to download a copy of Windows 10,...
  8. Upgrading from Home to pro using digital license key

Upgrading from Home to pro using digital license key: I had a win 10 pro digital license key in my old laptop. I associated with it my online MS account. Now i bought a new laptop with win 10 Home pre-installed and after signing in with my online MS account, it shows that win10 home digital license key is linked to my MS...
  9. Key for Pro or Home

Key for Pro or Home: After using the reset procedure on a new drive, the product key will not work. Found out that my licence is for a Win 10 Home install, pc now has a Win 10 Pro image? How can I activate or go back to a Win 10 Home version?...
  10. Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key)

Windows 10 Home (Digital License) upgrade to Windows 10 Pro (License key): I'm trying to upgrade my Windows 10 Home, which came installed on my HP Omen 15 But, return this error: The last product key (ID: xxxx) you entered can't be used on this copy of Windows (0x803FA067) Does this mean that the key that I previously bought and used on another...