Windows 10: PC Bugs, literally. Dust mites?

Discus and support PC Bugs, literally. Dust mites? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My pc runs fine generally speaking but I have bugs, literal bugs crawling on my pc *Eek There's no great infestation but I sometimes see one at a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pliskken, Nov 8, 2018.

1. pliskken Win User

PC Bugs, literally. Dust mites?

My pc runs fine generally speaking but I have bugs, literal bugs crawling on my pc *Eek

There's no great infestation but I sometimes see one at a time just crawling along the top of my pc case and my monitor too. They are absolutely tiny (too small to photograph easily) and I assume they are dust mites of some kind. I saw them for the first time around this time last year and never saw them again until last week. I'm a neat freak and keep my office very tidy, vacuming twice a week and de-dust my pc about twice a year.

Has anyone else here seen similar on their rigs and any advice on how to combat the little critters? Thanks

:)

pliskken, Nov 8, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Gil deG Win User
    Loading phantom dust on pc.

Hi,

Base on the information that you provided, we suggest that you contact the Phantom Dust support as they are the department that can best assist you with your concern since you mentioned that you meet the game requirements.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gil deG, Nov 8, 2018
  4. PC Bugs, literally. Dust mites?

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

PC Bugs, literally. Dust mites?

1. PC Bugs, literally. Dust mites? - Similar Threads - Bugs literally Dust

2. Bluetooth gone like dust

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth gone like dust: I trying to connect now my mouse using Bluetooth but the Bluetooth itself is missing. I restart my laptop and its the same. I have Lenovo device. Im just using it yesterday without problem....
  3. Phantom Dust - You could not be signed in. PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom Dust - You could not be signed in. PC: I was hoping someone might have a fix for this. After launching Phantom Dust from the .exe, Microsoft store, and Xbox app, the game reports that I "could not be singed in" and gives me the option to try again or close the game. If I "try again" the game immediately gives me...
  4. Phantom Dust - You could not be signed in. PC

Phantom Dust - You could not be signed in. PC: I was hoping someone might have a fix for this. After launching Phantom Dust from the .exe, Microsoft store, and Xbox app, the game reports that I "could not be singed in" and gives me the option to try again or close the game. If I "try again" the game immediately gives me...
  5. Disk Check on EVERY Boot since Dusting the PC!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk Check on EVERY Boot since Dusting the PC!: Hi all,I was wondering if you could advise me with this 'issue' I have.Every time I boot Windows, I get a prompt that I have 10 seconds to skip Disk Checking.I obviously left the checking to continue the first time and multiple times after that, however the process goes to...
  6. Disk Check on EVERY Boot since Dusting the PC!

Disk Check on EVERY Boot since Dusting the PC!: Hi all,I was wondering if you could advise me with this 'issue' I have.Every time I boot Windows, I get a prompt that I have 10 seconds to skip Disk Checking.I obviously left the checking to continue the first time and multiple times after that, however the process goes to...
  7. Cleaning Dust of GPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cleaning Dust of GPU: Hey all! So it's been a while since I last cleaned my GPU. I usually very careful use a vacuum cleaner to get the dust out of the fan. I know this isn't the safest option but nothing has happened yet! This time I want to do it with a air compressor to try and clean out all...
  8. Welp this bug is literally breaking my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Welp this bug is literally breaking my pc: I’ve been experiencing the ssd disk maintenance problem where it would hard freeze and go blank resulting in me having to reset my pc for it to fix itself but the problem still continued. So I decided to factory reset my pc and it froze again during the installation of...
  9. Lenovo Dust Fan

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lenovo Dust Fan: where can I find the link to download the Lenovo Dust Fan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lenovo-dust-fan/428afc22-b085-47da-9d96-cf512651c504
  10. Sizzling noise when cleaning PC dust with canned air

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sizzling noise when cleaning PC dust with canned air: I don't know if this post is appropriate for this forum section but hopefully it is. Today I cleaned my PC with canned air. Hadn't cleaned it for over a year. I opened it up, took outside and put it on a table. It wasn't too cold outside but not warm either. Then I started...