Windows 10: PC Build and Installation of Windows 10. SSD Solid State Drive Contained Verified WIndows...

Discus and support PC Build and Installation of Windows 10. SSD Solid State Drive Contained Verified WIndows... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am now Day 3/4 of PC Build. I have all of the hardware sorted. Just fallen at the OS. I have a previously verified version of Windows 10 on a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AzzEd18, Feb 21, 2021.

1. AzzEd18 Win User

PC Build and Installation of Windows 10. SSD Solid State Drive Contained Verified WIndows...

Hi,

I am now Day 3/4 of PC Build. I have all of the hardware sorted. Just fallen at the OS. I have a previously verified version of Windows 10 on a Solid State SSD Drive, so I am using this for the installation. But on starting the system and running through some disk checks and clearing the drive of old things I ran an SFC because the PC was running slowly. SFC found corruption but could not repair.

I identified the failed repairs in the SFC Details log.

Ran a DISM /scanhealth. Encountered DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /online option.

ran DISM with /image:C:\ /scanhealth to identify the drive direct. Encountered The scratch directory size might be insufficient to perform operation. But it did and completed the operation.

Ran the DISM/ with /restorehealth. It began and stopped with DISMHost.exe exception error. 0x0000420 occuring in tye application at location 0x00007FF996E14820. Click OK to terminate program.

I have previously attempted a Reset with Keeping My Files. Same problem occured

I have previously attempted a Reset wiping to recycle. Same problem.

I have also tried to reset using the original installation USB drive for Windows 10. But encountered different problems each time.

I can't repair the OS on using the USB as it tells me I have the media creation tool installed and I need to delete that before this operation can be completed.

I have also attempted to update Windows 10, but it comes back with failed on multiple updates.

Help

Thanks

:)

AzzEd18, Feb 21, 2021
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Feb 21, 2021
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Tae Song Win User

PC Build and Installation of Windows 10. SSD Solid State Drive Contained Verified WIndows...

Request: Windows that utiltizes Solid State Drive (SSD) to boot faster.

I know you can install Windows to a solid state drive (SSD), but the downside is the frequent write cycles wasted and shortened life of the SSD.

Goal: exploit the speed of the SSD and minimize read/write head thrashing (slows performance) on hard drive (HD).

After Windows is functionally installed. You could build a boot only Windows on a solid state drive (SSD) that would have read only files and shunt any files with writes to the hard drive. Other functions is repairing Windows install, Boot from SSD to
    repair HD installed Windows and repair Windows installed on HD to rebuild or repair SSD Windows.

I am currently using Romex Primocache with SSD and boot time is excellent without write cycles being wasted. But write cycles are still being wasted on files that can't be blacklisted for updating frequently and need to be read often. On crashes, rebuilding
    cache is necessary, also using up write cycles.

Tae Song, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

1. PC Build and Installation of Windows 10. SSD Solid State Drive Contained Verified WIndows... - Similar Threads - Build Installation SSD

2. Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive: Hi, it's Annabelle. I am asking this question because I'm planning to install Windows 7 onto a solid state drive, which I'm putting into a brand new tower, and I'm wondering if you might have an answer for me. I have two Western Digital Black solid state drives which I've...
  3. Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows on a Solid State Drive: Hi, it's Annabelle. I am asking this question because I'm planning to install Windows 7 onto a solid state drive, which I'm putting into a brand new tower, and I'm wondering if you might have an answer for me. I have two Western Digital Black solid state drives which I've...
  4. Solid State Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Solid State Drive: If I make 2 partitions on an SSD and write a lot to one of them, can that one partition fail and the other not? Does it work that way? submitted by /u/FluffyAlcatel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubw7mp/solid_state_drive/
  5. Solid State Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solid State Drives: This is my first time without an HDD. I now have SSD. Does data on an SSD ever fragment? Am I now done with defraging my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solid-state-drives/b803253f-0d3a-43af-8484-1d460d1686d5
  6. Install windows 10 to a Solid State Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install windows 10 to a Solid State Drive?: Is it possible to do a [clean] install of Windows 10 to a SSD that is attached via USB 3.0? I have a SeaGate OneTouch 500 GB external drive. I looked on Seagate.com but couldnt track down the exact file to download for Windows 10 installation drivers... Any help? Thx,...
  7. Windows and Solid State Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows and Solid State Drives: I'm considering getting a new computer with a SSD Wil I have any difficulty installing Windows 10 on the SSD? James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-and-solid-state-drives/99be41ad-0667-49d3-9dae-c8a52ef82fb8
  8. Request: Windows that utiltizes Solid State Drive SSD to boot faster.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Request: Windows that utiltizes Solid State Drive SSD to boot faster.: I know you can install Windows to a solid state drive SSD, but the downside is the frequent write cycles wasted and shortened life of the SSD. Goal: exploit the speed of the SSD and minimize read/write head thrashing slows performance on hard drive HD. After Windows is...
  9. solid state drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    solid state drive: After replacing my HD and installing win 10. I cant see my SSD. Had win 8 before changing HD. Where do I look? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solid-state-drive/66ded83f-fb6f-4b1e-bcbb-a479c75e754d
  10. Installing a Solid State Drive to my laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing a Solid State Drive to my laptop.: So since I am 12 I am probably going to get a lot for Christmas. So I decided I will make my notebook laptop into a gaming PC. Before you think; Laptop.. Gaming PC? It is a beast of a laptop and it has beaten many desktops at video games, applications ect. One of the main...