Windows 10: PC can boot to lock screen, but if I do anything or wait enough time BSOD appears (stopcode...

Discus and support PC can boot to lock screen, but if I do anything or wait enough time BSOD appears (stopcode... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So yesterday or the day before, my pc was working fine. Today I turned it on, made it to the boot screen, tried to enter my pin. My mouse froze (but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ryanalford, Sep 16, 2020.

1. PC can boot to lock screen, but if I do anything or wait enough time BSOD appears (stopcode...

So yesterday or the day before, my pc was working fine. Today I turned it on, made it to the boot screen, tried to enter my pin. My mouse froze (but the text cursor thing was still flickering). A blue screen appeared, restarts the computer and it all happens again.

I haven’t been able to try anything because everything I found on the internet for dpc_watchdog_violation said I needed access to windows (I don’t)

I havent tried booting in safe mode because I don’t know how to (is there a boot key for asrock motherboards?)

Only thing I have tried is using cmd from the windows recovery screen. I entered in “sfc /scannow” because it’s helped me deal with corrupt windows files before, but it just came up with “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation.

submitted by /u/ryanalford
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ryanalford, Sep 16, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    windows 10 lock screen slideshow timing...

Hello Andrew,

I understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps. Refer to the below steps:

• Type Lock screen in the search bar and press enter

• Select Advanced Slideshow settings

• Click on Turn off screen after slideshow has played for and select the time limit
    Let us know if you need more information and we'll be happy to assist.

Arul_D, Sep 16, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

PC can boot to lock screen, but if I do anything or wait enough time BSOD appears (stopcode...

PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

PC can boot to lock screen, but if I do anything or wait enough time BSOD appears (stopcode...

1. PC can boot to lock screen, but if I do anything or wait enough time BSOD appears (stopcode... - Similar Threads - boot lock screen

2. is there anything i can do to fix this bugcheck BSOD ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there anything i can do to fix this bugcheck BSOD ?: Laptop goes bsod at random times occasionally. System error at event viewers says The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0xffffa88eb9d22000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff802e9312688. A dump was saved in:...
  3. is there anything i can do to fix this bugcheck BSOD ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there anything i can do to fix this bugcheck BSOD ?: Laptop goes bsod at random times occasionally. System error at event viewers says The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 0xffffa88eb9d22000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff802e9312688. A dump was saved in:...
  4. My pc will not do anything. locked up!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc will not do anything. locked up!: I was trying to get into safe mode to correct why Outlook would not start. I did get into it, and clicked on my virus protection to off, and it restarted, and I am stuck on the login page, and it says: Something happened, and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin...
  5. My pc will not do anything. locked up!

My pc will not do anything. locked up!: I was trying to get into safe mode to correct why Outlook would not start. I did get into it, and clicked on my virus protection to off, and it restarted, and I am stuck on the login page, and it says: Something happened, and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your pin...
  6. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi.I own a dell g5 SE. Yesterday, I downloaded three new updates from the dell update app. Successfully installed two, and the one remaining update was AMD Radeon graphics driver update. During the installation of this update, my laptop bluescreened, with the stopcode:...
  7. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hi.I own a dell g5 SE. Yesterday, I downloaded three new updates from the dell update app. Successfully installed two, and the one remaining update was AMD Radeon graphics driver update. During the installation of this update, my laptop bluescreened, with the stopcode:...
  8. BSOD on boot with Stopcode: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Can't do anything with the lock screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't do anything with the lock screen: Somehow I "broke" the Windows Setup process and now it's not giving me any lock screens Win + L, Start > account menu, Ctrl + Alt + Del, Group Policy,... all didn't help. And when I go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > "Change what power buttons do" on...
  10. Black Screen randomly appears and i can't do anything.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Screen randomly appears and i can't do anything.: Everyonce and awhile a black screen interupts me, i can still hear everything, and if im screen sharing they can still see my screen perfectly fine. It fixes it if I restart, but everyonce and awhile it happens again and its really annoying!...