Windows 10: PC can see networks but can't connect

Discus and support PC can see networks but can't connect in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For the last fortnight, I have had my PC connecting to the internet through a laptop that has a mobile hopspot set up. After a power cut last night... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CallumWynn, Oct 8, 2019.

1. PC can see networks but can't connect

For the last fortnight, I have had my PC connecting to the internet through a laptop that has a mobile hopspot set up.

After a power cut last night my PC would have unexpectedly turned off. This means that although I can see the networks, my PC refuses to connect.

I reset the network adaptors, removed the metered connection from the connection and I was fine for about 20 minutes this morning. Now it's refusing to connect. My phone and another persons laptop connect to the mobile hopspot, so I'm thinking it must be some setting on the PC that needs to be changed.

Any ideas?

:)

CallumWynn, Oct 8, 2019

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Oct 8, 2019
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Castiel Win User

PC can see networks but can't connect

PC wont connect to network.

I have a HP computer that is set off aside that I am going to use for folding and for some reason it wont connect to my network. I have the modem connected to a switch, and from there my computer and the HP is connected, but I can get a connection but not my HP comp. Now when I hit repair it says that it couldn't do anything because it stops at IP renewing. I have even went into networking and changed the network connection to the top of the list.

See I hit repair and it says that it is renewing the IP address but it doesn't, then error.

How can I get it connected to my internet?

Castiel, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

PC can see networks but can't connect

1. PC can see networks but can't connect - Similar Threads - networks can't connect

2. Mac can't see PC on home network ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mac can't see PC on home network ?: My Mac running OSX Sierra can't see my Win-10 PC on my home network ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mac-cant-see-pc-on-home-network/d081296d-624c-46b3-ad75-fb7f781d8285
  3. Can see router but can't connect

Can see router but can't connect: Windows 10 did an update and I can't connect to my router not even using 192.168.1.1 or web address. I'm able to see it and that is all. Windows tells me it can't connect to network and I tried a lot of the suggestions and still nothing. Window refuses to even let me reload...
  4. Can't see PC & laptop on network

Can't see PC & laptop on network: I have just purchased a brand-new laptop and I cannot get it to show on my network. I've gone into network & sharing and I've checked all the relevant boxes but it still won't work. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. NEW PC Can see PC's in network but cannot connect

NEW PC Can see PC's in network but cannot connect: Hi Recently purchased new PC. All worked fine for 2 weeks I was able to connect to network PC's and Drive by IP address and now suddenly can't. SMB1 done and ''ON'' at first setup in order to connect to network drive as it requires it. Network discovery done all on. I...
  6. Can see a PC in Network Neighborhood But can't connect to share

Can see a PC in Network Neighborhood But can't connect to share: There are 5 PCs on a network. PC1 is running as a server for a program Think Quickbooks as an example. The 2 folders are shared from PC1. All of the computers can see PC1 and see/map/use the shared drives except PC2. PC 2 can see PC1 in network neighborhood and can...
  7. Can't See Other PC's On Home Network

Can't See Other PC's On Home Network: I need to connect two laptops on my home network via WiFi, one of which has a printer attached via USB that I need to share. I read this recent post from Yertiz on the same issue. I followed the tutorial here on this forum, and then the suggestions in Yertiz's post. I still...
  8. Can't see networked PC but can connect to shard folder

Can't see networked PC but can connect to shard folder: Why how can I access a shared filed on PC #4 but I can't see PC #4 under network?!?? both PCs under 18363.535 146349
  9. Can't See Own PC Under Network

Can't See Own PC Under Network: My PC shares do not appear in its own Network window or on other PCs but it does appear if you enter the full path into Explorer e.g. \\My_Computer. All works fine after I do a Network Reset. I've tried all the usual configuration checks but only Network Reset seems to work....
  10. Can see network, but cannot connect

Can see network, but cannot connect: I have discovery and sharing on, and I can see the network, but cannot connect. I have 'forgotten' the network and re-connected, but that doesn't resolve the issue. I reach the internet through this network but cannot connect to our server, and other computers connect to it...