Windows 10: PC cannot detect scanner after Windows 10 update

Discus and support PC cannot detect scanner after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Very frustrating. Try install and reinstall the new drivers but to no avail. Called up Canon ( I am using a Canon Lide 210 ) and brother (MFC J480DW... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LoongCharles, Jun 11, 2019.

1. PC cannot detect scanner after Windows 10 update

Very frustrating. Try install and reinstall the new drivers but to no avail.

Called up Canon ( I am using a Canon Lide 210 ) and brother (MFC J480DW Printer), they cannot do much.

Anybody can help?

:)

LoongCharles, Jun 11, 2019

2. No scanners were detected

I tried using my Windows Fax and Scan like I usually do. I get this error:

No scanners were detected. If a scanner is installed, make sure that it is powered on and connected to the computer and then try again. For information about adding or troubleshooting scanners, see Help and Support.

I searched on Windows website and found this:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest scanner drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the scanner drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

This was not helpful.

RandallGove, Jun 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 11, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

PC cannot detect scanner after Windows 10 update

Scanner not working after Windows 10 update

We understand that the update is causing an issue on your scanner and for us to assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you using a Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro?
    • What is the make and model of your printer/scanner driver?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the printer/scanner driver?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps below to prevent your Windows 10 from updating:

Step #1: How to temporarily prevent
    a driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.
    See the section that says Download the "Show or hide updates" troubleshooter package now. as well as the information on it.

Step #2:
    Run this diagnostic tool to prevent updates.

Step #3: If you're using Windows 10 Pro you have the ability to Post-pone incoming updates:

Defer upgrades in Windows 10.

Step #4: Restart your computer to apply changes.

Please get back to us with some answer and results.

Xylee Del, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

PC cannot detect scanner after Windows 10 update

1. PC cannot detect scanner after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - cannot detect scanner

2. The pc cannot see the scanner.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The pc cannot see the scanner.: HiI have a Windows 11 machine where the software is up to date. It is attached wirelessly to a HP 5032 printer scanner. The pc cannot see the scanner. How is this problem to be resolved? Best RegardsPaul...
  3. The pc cannot see the scanner.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The pc cannot see the scanner.: HiI have a Windows 11 machine where the software is up to date. It is attached wirelessly to a HP 5032 printer scanner. The pc cannot see the scanner. How is this problem to be resolved? Best RegardsPaul...
  4. No scanners were detected error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    No scanners were detected error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some PC users have reported that when they were trying to scan files or documents with the Windows Fax and Scan applet on their Windows 10 device, they received the error message No scanners were detected. This post offers the most suitable solutions you can try to...
  5. Scanner not Detected on Windows 10 Virtual MAchine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner not Detected on Windows 10 Virtual MAchine: I'm not sure if this is the correct group for this. I have Windows 8.1 and a Windows 10 2004 Hyper-V virtual machine assigned to a single Dell N10D Thin Client. The station uses an HP 3500 f1 flatbed scanner. The Win 8.1 VM sees the scanner fine. But, the Win 10 VM doesn't....
  6. Windows not detecting network scanner

Windows not detecting network scanner: Quick rundown of the environment Bizhub C224 on network, installed software from the manufacturer Devices are Windows 10 Pro Using the Windows Scan and Fax, so far only one device is saying that there is no scanner detected. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software...
  7. Scanner Not Working After Windows 10 Update

Scanner Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Hi, I have a Canon PIXMA MX850 multi-function printer/scanner, connected via our LAN. Since the update to Win10 2004 this week I can still print but cannot scan. The Canon Network Scan Utility cannot 'see' the scanner, though Windows still recognises it, in Device Manager...
  8. FingerPrint Scanner Not detectable after BIOS Software Update.

FingerPrint Scanner Not detectable after BIOS Software Update.: Hi, after installing the recent update on April14th 2020, my finger print scanner has stopped working. I have checked the device manager, the Biometric Devices has been hidden -- Upon choosing "Show hidden Devices" in the View Tab, I can see the Biometric device and Goodix...
  9. Scanner will not work after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Scanner will not work after Windows 10 update: Scanner will not work after Windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/scanner-will-not-work-after-windows-10-update/5e283c9b-8fbd-4cb1-88c1-8d7ff667b3d1
  10. Scanner not detected by Windows Scan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scanner not detected by Windows Scan: Hello Community, since the latest major update of Windows 10 Pro (about 1 month ago), my USB scanner no longer works correctly. It scans a few pages and than hangs. I use a 3rd party software that includes its own drivers for older scanners like mine - Xerox Documate 150....