Windows 10: PC cannot recognize USB devices

Discus and support PC cannot recognize USB devices in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer cannot see USB devices. I receive a message that ‘USB devices not recognized (Windows 10)’. Can you help me?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Stuart Carters, Feb 24, 2019.

1. PC cannot recognize USB devices

My computer cannot see USB devices. I receive a message that ‘USB devices not recognized (Windows 10)’. Can you help me?

:)

Stuart Carters, Feb 24, 2019

2. Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Feb 24, 2019
  3. USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Feb 24, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

PC cannot recognize USB devices

USB device not recognized

Does this also happen on a different PC as well?

DRDNA, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

PC cannot recognize USB devices

1. PC cannot recognize USB devices - Similar Threads - cannot recognize USB

2. USB device not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized: Hello,Hope you can help me; my USB mouse connection keep pop-up USB device not recognized, have change port several time, and theproblem persists.What should I do?All suggestion welcomesThank you...
  3. USB Device Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Device Not Recognized: My laptop repeatedly gives same error which is "USB device not recognized". Because of that, I deactivated USB device in Device Manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-recognized/3c805310-2d39-4ad9-91c6-748002e70429
  4. USB DEVICE CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB DEVICE CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED!: Why can't my laptop recognize my phone all of the sudden? How can I fix this? I need to transfer files![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-cannot-be-recognized/a73820d9-085e-40b2-b8f4-467b6afab303
  5. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: I have seen someone else post about this same problem but didn't see a legitimate solution. I have Win 10 and have never had this problem until recently. I'm using an S7 for my mp3 player and all music on it now was loaded via Win 10. All of the sudden, it's not getting...
  6. PC cannot recognize USB mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC cannot recognize USB mouse: All of a sudden my PC froze and I had to revert using an recovery point. After that my mouse ceased working anymore despite it had been working without any problems for a long time. I investigated this issue trying different mouses and they lighted up but the computer still...
  7. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: My WIFI mouse via a USB connector sometimes works and sometimes does not. I have tried a second piece of hardware and all three USB ports wit no lasting success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-recognized/170cc763-dfa0-47fa-a275-cb24e03b0c72
  8. Usb device not recognized.

Usb device not recognized.: Last week, i bought a SanDisk 3.0 64gb usb flash drive, i formatted it to FAT32 with EaseUS for my wii, it worked, but the next day, the wii couldn't read it and also my pc. I tried to plug it in another pc running windows 10 , and another one running windows 8 , and a third...
  9. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: I have a Lenovo Android phone which after it self-upgraded it's software (customized Android UI) does not get recognized when it's plugged into my Lenovo G50 notebook. When plugged in, Windows gives "USB device not recognized" and the phone cannot be accessed. I've tried...
  10. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: I have a USB port on my motherboard that never worked. I had the problem with Windows 7 complaining about it, but something I did got Windows 7 to be quiet. Now I have Windows 10. Action Center is popping a steady stream - and I do mean steady - of "USB device not...