Windows 10: PC cannot recognize USB mouse

Discus and support PC cannot recognize USB mouse in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; All of a sudden my PC froze and I had to revert using an recovery point. After that my mouse ceased working anymore despite it had been working without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DougHolbrook, Apr 26, 2019.

1. PC cannot recognize USB mouse

All of a sudden my PC froze and I had to revert using an recovery point. After that my mouse ceased working anymore despite it had been working without any problems for a long time. I investigated this issue trying different mouses and they lighted up but the computer still couldn’t recognize the connected device.

I also checked the Device Manager and found all of the devices with yellow triangle and an black exclamation sign. My mouse is Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500

:)

DougHolbrook, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Ryan Pag Win User

Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Apr 26, 2019
  3. Rocky230v Win User
    Lumia 1020 not recognized by PC when plugged into USB

I have tried the troubleshooting steps listed above, i dont understand why is it so difficult to connect freaking Microsoft phone.... still having same connectivity issue Lumia 1020 not recognized by PC when plugged into USB

Rocky230v, Apr 26, 2019
  4. PC cannot recognize USB mouse

USB mouse is not working on Windows 10

Hi Bill,

I realize that the USB mouse is not working. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Which MS Fix-it are you referring to?

• Is the issue specific to this USB mouse?

Unplug the mouse, restart the PC and then plug in the mouse to check if that helps. You may also plug in the mouse to another USB port to check if that helps. You may plug in any other USB device in to this PC to check if that device gets recognized.

If the USB mouse is not getting recognized after you plug it in then run the hardware troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer to check if this helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” to click on “Control Panel”.

• Click on “Troubleshooting” and click on “View all”.

Click on “Hardware and Devices” to run the troubleshooter. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

PC cannot recognize USB mouse

1. PC cannot recognize USB mouse - Similar Threads - cannot recognize USB

2. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  3. External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External keyboard and mouse is not recognized by a USB port but the USB port recognizes a...: So I have this legion 5 pro laptop and as what the title says, one of the usb port at the back is not recognizing my external keyboard or mouse.It started around January and got it fixed by then. Lenovo replaced the motherboard which fixed the problem. They think it was bad...
  4. Mouse not recognized on second USB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse not recognized on second USB?: Good day, I recently got a new monitor, Gigabyte M34WQ. It has a two-port USB3 hub for a built in KVM. I have the downstream cable ran the the USB3 port on my motherboard. I have a keyboard hardwired and mouse dongle installed on the monitor. When I changed my keyboard cable...
  5. Mouse not recognized on second USB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse not recognized on second USB?: Good day, I recently got a new monitor, Gigabyte M34WQ. It has a two-port USB3 hub for a built in KVM. I have the downstream cable ran the the USB3 port on my motherboard. I have a keyboard hardwired and mouse dongle installed on the monitor. When I changed my keyboard cable...
  6. USB mouse not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB mouse not recognized: Yesterday when I woke up my wired usb mouse, the "razer mamba elite" could no longer stay connected to my laptop, the dell G7 7590, I've tried many fixes but none seemed to permanently work. I've reinstalled the usb root hub through the device manager, disabled selective...
  7. USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized

USB keyboard and mouse suddenly not recognized: Well, It's dj vu all over again (Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!), except this time my USB keyboard and mouse stopped working suddenly while working at my desktop PC, not after a boot up. (I'm now working from my laptop.) To summarize: I've tried switching...
  8. USB DEVICE CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED!

USB DEVICE CANNOT BE RECOGNIZED!: Why can't my laptop recognize my phone all of the sudden? How can I fix this? I need to transfer files![ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-cannot-be-recognized/a73820d9-085e-40b2-b8f4-467b6afab303
  9. PC cannot recognize USB devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC cannot recognize USB devices: My computer cannot see USB devices. I receive a message that ‘USB devices not recognized (Windows 10)’. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-cannot-recognize-usb-devices/fc095565-f54f-4694-806e-7ff6f9c4a40b
  10. USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse

USB Port not recognizing USB Mouse: Hello, I have a Lenovo Ideapad500 14ISK running windows 10. From a few days my usb ports are not recognizing my usb mouse and does not even detect my usb fflash drive. If I plug in my phone it is just charging the phone from usb but there is no detection of any kind. I...